Poll

Should we keep the new selectable forum theme or return the old ones?

Yes
24 (20.7%)
No
29 (25%)
Yes, and please add more variants
63 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: 24 September 2015, 14:27:07

Author Topic: New Forum Theme  (Read 58001 times)

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: New Forum Theme
« Reply #90 on: 11 September 2015, 10:05:26 »
One thing I can not stress enough: REFRESH, REFRESH, REFRESH

If you think there's something wonky, refresh your browser/clear your cache first. Chances are you've cached an older version of the forum skin in your browser.

Normally I wouldn't make changes like this on the fly, but you guys have been good about providing constructive feedback. I want to reward that help with a quick turn around. Consequently, this means I'm not purging the forum every time I drop new files or new skins onto the server.

BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #91 on: 11 September 2015, 10:16:57 »
Still need a couple light on dark themes, though.

Man, you guys are greedy.  ;D

The current "Phase 1" is to cover the major Inner Sphere, Periphery and Council Clans factions first, along with a mercenary skin. This leaves the following yet to be produced.
- Rasalhague Dominion
- Clan Hell's Horses
- Clan Sea Fox
- Magistracy of Canopus
- Taurian Concordat
- Outworlds Alliance
- Mercenary
- Republic of the Sphere
- Third Star League

Once those are finished and the existing skins finalized the Phase 2 plan is to create darker "flipped" versions of the original line up. The dark skins will have their own theme since adding another 19-20 color blocks to a single theme would make this a mess.

When finished the forum board would have the following themes available for use:
BT 2.0
BT Factions (Light) — what you're using & testing now
BT Factions (Dark)
Core
Curve

Future plans "might" include creating a third BT Factions (Lost) for BattleTech universe factions that no longer exist, like the Rim Worlds Republic, Clan Widowmaker, and so on. However, that's so far down the road and dependent on so many other factors that in all honesty, I probably shouldn't even mention it.  :)
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #92 on: 11 September 2015, 11:07:38 »
Can you refresh your browser first and/or clear your cookies. I ran a number of browser tests last night and couldn't replicate the error.
Looks like it's fixed. Thanks!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #93 on: 11 September 2015, 15:16:54 »
The MoC skin is bound to be interesting. >:D

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #94 on: 11 September 2015, 15:20:59 »
Love it!! Thank you guys

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #95 on: 11 September 2015, 15:30:55 »
The MoC skin is bound to be interesting. >:D

Yeah, I'm having some "thoughts" and I'm not exactly sure if they're good or bad? Like, should this skin really look like a pleasure circus, or not?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #96 on: 11 September 2015, 16:07:53 »
I switched back from the old theme now that the new replies link is on top.  I like it and my cell phone browsing speeds are noticeably quicker.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: 11 September 2015, 16:31:10 »
When finished the forum board would have the following themes available for use:
BT 2.0
BT Factions (Light) — what you're using & testing now
BT Factions (Dark)
Core
Curve

At least the BT 2.0 is gonna be kept.
That's all I care about. I'm used to that.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 12 September 2015, 06:51:18 »
Yeah, I'm having some "thoughts" and I'm not exactly sure if they're good or bad? Like, should this skin really look like a pleasure circus, or not?
I like the idea. >:D

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #99 on: 13 September 2015, 15:01:56 »
Man, you guys are greedy.  ;D

The current "Phase 1" is to cover the major Inner Sphere, Periphery and Council Clans factions first, along with a mercenary skin. This leaves the following yet to be produced.

Does that include Regulan Fiefs?   ^-^

Anyways, I used to use two main searches on the forum, unread posts & unread replies.
Are they both now gone for good or am I just not seeing the buttons?

I would really prefer to search unread posts as a whole rather than try to comb through 12 or 15 sub-categories...  :-\

Thanks!
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #100 on: 13 September 2015, 16:33:23 »
Refresh your browser. Everyone refresh!  O0

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 14 September 2015, 08:07:42 »
Now that I've had a few days to get a feel for the new forum themes, I've decided that much prefer them to what we used to have.  I would still like some texture in the bar at the top and the text area to be darker.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #102 on: 14 September 2015, 09:20:55 »
Refresh your browser. Everyone refresh!  O0

OK, that seems to have worked.  O0
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 14 September 2015, 19:12:33 »
So, every time I open the browser and pull the forums up, I've got to re-select the wolf square. Is this the intended behavior, that it doesn't stick?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem