Author Topic: Sun Tsu and Devlin Stone  (Read 5808 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Sun Tsu and Devlin Stone
« Reply #30 on: 26 September 2018, 00:52:00 »
Sun-Tzu spent most of his adult life working to rebuild and restore the Confederation. It makes perfect sense that he would refuse to give up a single world to Stone, because it would make him look weak to his people. He also had no leverage or angle to work against Stone like he does everyone else he does business with, so he’d have little motivation to work with him. It’s really not that complicated.
« Last Edit: 26 September 2018, 00:54:58 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 26 September 2018, 08:01:18 »
Sun-Tzu spent most of his adult life working to rebuild and restore the Confederation. It makes perfect sense that he would refuse to give up a single world to Stone, because it would make him look weak to his people. He also had no leverage or angle to work against Stone like he does everyone else he does business with, so he’d have little motivation to work with him. It’s really not that complicated.

.... That's wonderfully brilliant and simple.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #32 on: 27 September 2018, 06:30:53 »
.... That's wonderfully brilliant and simple.
Totally agreed with both you.  It's exactly I think of how he would handle things.  Authors tend to change the mentalities of the characters as things come and go.  Thankfully for when Sun Tzu was in the lime light, he was handled generally same way, way he thought things in the novels match up to this analysis.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki