Author Topic: Kooken's Pleasure Pit garrison 3066  (Read 1538 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Kooken's Pleasure Pit garrison 3066
« on: 22 September 2022, 09:01:26 »
I cannot find where I put FM U last time amid the stack of books so . . . and totally forgot to look at the FCCW book.

What was the Jade Falcon garrison for Kooken's Pleasure Pit?  If it has no garrison, what clusters are on the nearest worlds?  Or what Falcon clusters took it & when during the JF Incursion?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: Kooken's Pleasure Pit garrison 3066
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2022, 11:20:45 »

75th Striker Cluster is on Kooken’s Pleasure Pit per FM:U p. 72.  Part of Kappa Galaxy, CO: Star Colonel Tak Newclay, Regular/Reliable, Strength 95%, ClanTech 100%, Omnis 95%.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2022, 11:41:11 »
Thanks!  The world did not have a garrison in 3085 or later that I could find but I thought it had something back at that point.

Kappa Galaxy is secondline right?  That is a LOT of Omnis . . . guess I toss out some possibility of Golden Century ECs being used.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2022, 17:36:12 »
Kappa Galaxy is secondline right?  That is a LOT of Omnis . . . guess I toss out some possibility of Golden Century ECs being used.

Yeah, Kappa is listed as secondline.  I agree that 95% under the “O” column seems like a lot of omnis for a secondline formation post-Jihad.  But it seems consistent with other Striker clusters, like the 4th Falcon Striker Cluster — which is also in Kappa and at 100% omnis.  Other clusters, like the 8th PGC and 10th PGC in Kappa at 35% and 45%, respectively, have much fewer omnis.  Kappa just has those four clusters.

In general, there seem to be clusters with ~80%+ omnis (Assault, Battle, Dragoons, Striker, Velites, etc.) and clusters with ~50%- omnis (Eyrie, PGCs, Regulars, Solahma, etc.), regardless of front-/secondline.  Others (Swoop, Talon) seem to straddle the divide.  Here’s the Kappa fluff from the text:

Assembled as a provisional unit comprising elements of Omega Galaxy and several new units, Kappa Galaxy did not perform well in the recent conflict, losing Blackjack and Graus to the Alliance. Nonetheless, Khan Pryde made the formation permanent and assigned Serendine Prentice, formerly commander of the First Falcon Velites, to beat the unit into shape.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2022, 18:19:41 »
I was mentally thinking they stuffed a lot of Harvest Trial and Incursion sibko Trial of Position test outs into the cluster with some 'over the hill' Falcon officers.  Figure the Omnis would be stuff like Crossbows, almost-time-to-recycle Hellbringers & Summoners, and whatever production from the Harvest forces find their way into the cluster.
Colt Ward

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2022, 04:04:46 »
Or maybe a "test / dumping ground" for IS made Omni Mechs. For example Clan warriors at first disliked a Sudenten-made Omni Mech (made by Olivetti) so maybe those units get shuffled to second line units as well to save the "pure" Clan-made Omnis for the frontline units.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2022, 09:38:10 »
Or maybe a "test / dumping ground" for IS made Omni Mechs. For example Clan warriors at first disliked a Sudenten-made Omni Mech (made by Olivetti) so maybe those units get shuffled to second line units as well to save the "pure" Clan-made Omnis for the frontline units.

The 75th Striker is 100% Clantech and 0% Star League tech.  Maybe there’s some Spheroid omnis, but they’d have outfitted with Clantech weapons to match the figures in FM: U (assuming you care to match).

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2022, 10:00:33 »
From what I understood he was talking about the first production runs of Clan Omnis off the Inner Sphere production lines on Sudeten.  Yeah, I could see Clan warriors being dubious about the quality control of what is made.

But IIRC, they were making Spirits, Pinions, and other garrison mechs at the time.
Colt Ward

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2022, 15:20:48 »
From what I understood he was talking about the first production runs of Clan Omnis off the Inner Sphere production lines on Sudeten.  Yeah, I could see Clan warriors being dubious about the quality control of what is made.

But IIRC, they were making Spirits, Pinions, and other garrison mechs at the time.

Didn't they also build the Turkina and Blackhawk Omnis at Sudeten later on? And I mean at the time of the Incursion during the Fedcom civil War?
And yes I was talking about Clan Omnis made in IS factories. Despute the fact that those passed all teste with flying colours some Falcons are biased against those Mechs.
Just a theory though might more likely they have salvaged clan Omnis in their ranks (like isorla from the war between the Vipers and Falcons)