Author Topic: IO - Robotic (and drone) system interaction with small cockpit  (Read 1932 times)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Do robotic and drone units suffer the penalties from systems like small cockpit?

Page 306 on Tactical Operations says that drone units have no crew, as does Interstellar Operations (pg 134 onward) for robotic units, therefore they logically shouldn't suffer from penalties caused by small cockpit, but this is not explicitly stated anywhere i can find.
Interstellar Operations page 136 say that "Special Piloting modifiers that might augment this Skill—such as the –2 modifier for quadruped ’Mechs—will apply to the robotic unit’s Piloting target numbers as normal." The sentence specifies "augment", is this intended to refer only to benefits as opposed to all modifiers? And expanding upon this, do drone units receive benefits -such as the QuadMech piloting bonus- normally?

TRO3145 RotS drone units Celerity (pg 26) and Revenant (pg 30) and XTRO Republic III drone unit Lich (pg 12) all use small cockpits, and given that drones suffer piloting penalties in the first place, it seems likely that it is intended for drones (and robots) to ignore small cockpit penalties.

(I also have vague recollection of robots and drones ignoring small cockpit penalty being stated somewhere but if it is, i cannot find the original source nor am i sure it still applies if such source exists.)
« Last Edit: 23 July 2019, 19:55:08 by Xotl »