Author Topic: Life Path Stage 3 questions  (Read 3091 times)

pfarland

• Captain
  • Star Captain Farland - 'Forever Faithful'
Life Path Stage 3 questions
« on: 10 May 2020, 16:24:44 »
I have a few questions regarding different school options.

As I understand things with schools you can take One Basic course, and either One Advanced, An Advanced and a Special, or Two Advanced. Is this correct?

What about schools that don't have Specials, can two Advanced course still be taken?

Can the Officer course be taken as a fourth or just instead of the Special?

Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Life Path Stage 3 questions
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2020, 16:46:34 »
Generally, "yes" to the first two questions.

Certainly "yes" to third.  It even says that on the tin.  And can I interest you in a Staff College on the side (see the link in my signature block)?   ^-^

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2020, 07:57:21 »
Thanks! And I'll take a look at some of those, especially because you know what Staff College is.
Rule number 4 of product design*: "The concept of 'Intended Use' never survives initial contact with the end user." - Feign

"It should come to no surprise that this forum loves solving problems with war crimes. " - SteelRaven

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2020, 16:18:34 »
Glad I could be of service!  :thumbsup:

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2020, 18:41:14 »
Another question, What happens with situations like the Special Forces field in the Police Academy stage? None of the prerequisites get filled.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2020, 18:46:28 »
Scout is a valid prerequisite for Special Forces, and also an option for Intelligence Operative Training... it was probably an oversight for Police Academy.  I would report it as errata.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2020, 20:30:29 »
Cool, thanks! Again, lol.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2020, 02:48:10 »
Something that just occurred to me: If you take a former military infantry trooper or scout, and then send them to the Police Academy, that could work for meeting the pre-requisite for Special Forces training.  Since Police Academy is a different "kind" of Stage 3, you're not prohibited from doing that.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2020, 08:37:59 »
Something that just occurred to me: If you take a former military infantry trooper or scout, and then send them to the Police Academy, that could work for meeting the pre-requisite for Special Forces training.  Since Police Academy is a different "kind" of Stage 3, you're not prohibited from doing that.

Yeah, that'll be a bit hard to automate.

Just a background of what I'm doing. I'm trying to make a random character generator. Not sure if you know MM, but it's (mostly) for that, though maybe a bit for the AToW game I'm about to start (Nebula California campaign). Which brings up another point, does your generator allow for the random Life Path events found in the Companion?

BTW, you're frigging awesome answering everything!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2020, 16:34:11 »
Thanks!   8)

As for the Random Events, as long as they have an XP value, my sheet will do the math.  You just have to hand jam the input.

pfarland

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2020, 17:25:19 »
Coolness, thanks!