Author Topic: I made an Instructional YouTube Series on the AToW Game Mechanics  (Read 17507 times)

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Re: I made an Instructional YouTube Series on the AToW Game Mechanics
« Reply #90 on: 30 January 2019, 13:03:07 »
These vids are fantastic and thanks so much for making them!

I do have one question/request however.  For the combat video, you have some sheets that you are using to mark off modifiers, etc.  Were those something that you came up with yourself or are they available somewhere?  I am running an AToW game for some friends and they are having some problems with wrapping their heads around combat and keeping up with all of the modifiers, etc.  I've been trying to give their math a second look, but that isn't always possible (or admittedly thorough) with the chaos of a game table.  I think similar sheets would be a great help with getting them "on track" for combat and was hoping to either use those or come up with something similar myself.

Most of them have never played anything more complex than D&D 5E, so they are finding a bit of a learning curve for AToW.

In any case, thanks again for the videos!  I'll probably post the link to the YT page for my players so they can get a better visual representation.

Let me know if I should make any changes to it.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1gsj4FGoDpHXPAh3bbCDxCmuHm6n1kJh7

Edit: after I first posted this, I had one of my local players take a look at it for errors. My local player found a couple of very small editorial errors (e.g., forgeting a closing paranthesis, etc.) So, I took the origional versions down and put the new ones up. You have the wrong copies if you have something from Microsoft Word. If you have something in PDF, you MIGHT have the right version. Anyway, the first posting was only up for a couple of hours before I fixed stuff.

« Last Edit: 30 January 2019, 20:48:04 by BiggRigg42 »

Giorgio76

• Private
« Reply #91 on: 07 February 2020, 07:58:56 »
I am going to set aside 4+ Hours next weekend so I can watch all the videos, take notes, and try to make pre-gen PCs and NPC for ATOW. May the Gaming Gods have mercy on my soul… 😉

Taking a look at the 14 videos released so far, I would like to ask @BiggRigg42 if he could make a video #15 about using the Mechwarrior Destiny rules to integrate RPG and Tabletop CBT play (once MWD is released).

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #92 on: 07 February 2020, 16:17:17 »
If you're going to GM Destiny, do NOT let your PCs take an Assassin, or anything else fast with an LRM launcher.  They can kill anything slower than them without taking return fire under the Destiny rules due to the way movement works and infinite ammo (and yes, I reported these problems during the Beta).

And as I mentioned in the other thread, if you send me what the PCs want, I can crank through them pretty quickly.

Giorgio76

• Private
« Reply #93 on: 08 February 2020, 06:28:01 »
And as I mentioned in the other thread, if you send me what the PCs want, I can crank through them pretty quickly.
I will take you up on this offer next weekend (2/13-2/16), thanks! :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #94 on: 08 February 2020, 08:17:53 »
Great!  I'll look for your PM, or a post in one of the threads!  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #95 on: 23 February 2020, 21:05:59 »
You should have a couple of e-mails from me... one asking for an initial vector check, and the other my first stab at the list of templates you gave me (in the absence of a vector).  Once we're set on a general direction, the other Infantry templates will fall out pretty quickly.

KennyHass

• Recruit
Just googled and found your videos in this topic. That really helpful so much to understand how to play ATOW. Thank you.

BiggRigg42

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Just googled and found your videos in this topic. That really helpful so much to understand how to play ATOW. Thank you.

No problem.