Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 171232 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Coming July 17!
« Reply #60 on: 13 June 2019, 14:57:12 »
Our glorious process shall not be denied! The children of kerensky have returned to claim what is rightfully ours.

What a time to be a BattleTech fan. You guys are on point.  :thumbsup:
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 13 June 2019, 14:57:36 »
Any chance of Elementals?  Maybe not plastic, but, say... Cardboard 'hexes' or a card stand sort of thing like the 'extra' mechs in previous box sets have been?  I'd really love to see the former, especially, since that would more readily allow lots of them, but whatever works!

Maybe a stretch goal?   Because while it's definitely a mech on mech thing, Elementals very much made the Clans even more unique and scary!

BloodRose

• Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 13 June 2019, 14:58:03 »
Welp, time to be poor. Again
>MOC - 3rd Canopian Fusiliers         >Capellan Confederation - Holdfast Guard
>Lyrians - 5th Donegal Guard          >Free Worlds League - 1st Oriente Hussars
>Federated Suns - 2nd NAIS           >Word of Blake/Comstar - undecided unit
>Draconis Combine - 1st Genyosha  >Clan Jade Falcon - Delta Galaxy
>Escorpion Imperio - Seeker Cluster >Pirates - Harlocks Marauders
>Mercs - Roses Heavy Lancers          >Mercs - Reinhold's Raiders
>Mercs/specops - Mausers Shreckenkorps >Mercs - Idol Squadron

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #63 on: 13 June 2019, 14:58:58 »
Hell yeah. I'll be in on this hard.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #64 on: 13 June 2019, 14:59:19 »
Any chance of Elementals?
<snip>
Maybe a stretch goal?
yes, maybe.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 13 June 2019, 15:01:14 »
yes, maybe.

*jawdrop*

WOOHOO!!!!

Now I'm getting even more seriously excited about this one.  Because that's just awesome!

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 13 June 2019, 15:02:22 »
Awesome! Thanks for the clarification, Cubby.

You can also change your pledge any time up to the time it closes.  So if a stretch goal adds something you want, you can change your pledge.  Or if you realize getting your car running again might be more important than all those 'mechs, you can lower it.  Once the Kickstarter ends, then they grab whatever was pledged at that point.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #67 on: 13 June 2019, 15:02:44 »
Any chance of Elementals?  Maybe not plastic, but, say... Cardboard 'hexes' or a card stand sort of thing like the 'extra' mechs in previous box sets have been?  I'd really love to see the former, especially, since that would more readily allow lots of them, but whatever works!

Maybe a stretch goal?   Because while it's definitely a mech on mech thing, Elementals very much made the Clans even more unique and scary!

I was wondering if they were 'and stuff' for the original box announcement.  While I like their inclusion for the 'Clan' feel, its not as big a deal directly for me . . . I use a single Elemental to represent the point and had two IWM boxes of stands (which means x3 Elementals) along with the MWDA types.  I figure if I wanted to, I could field Zeta Galaxy.

But we will have SL weapon descriptions, Clan weapon descriptions and maybe some new fiction . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #68 on: 13 June 2019, 15:08:09 »
well looks like i'll be dipping into the savings account a little this summer.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #69 on: 13 June 2019, 15:13:34 »

The MOST IMPORTANT question. Anything that results in me having more Elementals is something that needs to succeed.

You can also change your pledge any time up to the time it closes.  So if a stretch goal adds something you want, you can change your pledge.  Or if you realize getting your car running again might be more important than all those 'mechs, you can lower it.  Once the Kickstarter ends, then they grab whatever was pledged at that point.

That's great! Thanks for the info!
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 13 June 2019, 15:17:55 »
Interesting and surprising.

Some questions, if they can be answered now:

While prices aren't available yet, i will have to wonder if shipping is included or not, to US or even internationally? Some US-based Kickstarters for board games and other stuff have left shipping costs to backers (eg "$50 tier" would require backing by $50+shipping costs).
No doubt it is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't situation". Backers don't like having to extra pay for shipping, CGL paying for (international) shipping would take large chunk of backing money.

I presume the plan is to produce stuff beyond Kickstarter if the thing is successful? That is, it not one-time chance to get stuff, if it successful?

Uh... i had some other question too but forgot it while typing and having issues with special characters for whatever reason.

hawkins180

• Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 13 June 2019, 15:21:43 »
 :o *deep breath* Don't freak, don't freak, don't overreact...*reads link*

EEEEEEE....*passes out*  xp

My brain: We don't need to spend any more money on hobby stuff
Me: To Hells with you, Marauder
Brain: Wait? as in....
Me: Yup, 75tons of GLORIOUS Inner Sphere Heavy
Brain: We need to sell our 40k stuff
Me: But Sisters are coming out soon
Brain: Screw the Sisters, BATTLETECH FOREVER!

Welp, looks like Games Workshop isn't getting any of my money any time soon, shame.  ;D
"Okay, credit where it's due: for a little idiot built specifically to come up with stupid, unworkable plans, that was a pretty well-laid trap. " GLaDOS

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #72 on: 13 June 2019, 15:54:24 »
  Being part of CSO, I had the honor of painting a classic Marauder. Painting it was like meeting an old friend that has been away some time. Very easy to paint, especially using airbrush. The classic Stinger is also a great miniature, the pose is better, the details are amazing and also is easy to paint, too. Two winners in the books.

The classic Archer was featured in the 2018 Gen Con diorama and it was gorgeous. Actually, I had no beef with any of the new classics. It is quite clear that everything, from the art to the model, has been done with the care they deserve.

As you may guess, I am highly interested and happy with the news. The hype is real.
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #73 on: 13 June 2019, 15:56:28 »
I think Im in on this kickstarter. I can see it making its goal quickly.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #74 on: 13 June 2019, 16:04:45 »
I just hope we get to see the remaining Ost brothers and I will be a happy camper!  >:D
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

FrozenIceman

• Recruit
« Reply #75 on: 13 June 2019, 16:05:57 »
1.  If possible please allow a companion direct fund method to support the Kickstarter via the CGL webpage.  This will potentially allow us to directly contribute without having to go through Kickstarter

2.  Hopefully the units in the packs selected will also include 3145 units to support the continued narrative.

3.  Maybe we can get an Elemental and IS Battle Armor box set in the Kickstarter, perhaps 4 bases worth for each in one box?
« Last Edit: 13 June 2019, 16:07:38 by FrozenIceman »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #76 on: 13 June 2019, 16:16:04 »
The months notice is well appreciated, I have all ready  lost my trial of possession for my wallet to you. Well bargained and done catalyst.

Was it a Trial of Possession or a Trial of Absorption?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #77 on: 13 June 2019, 16:17:25 »
1.  If possible please allow a companion direct fund method to support the Kickstarter via the CGL webpage.  This will potentially allow us to directly contribute without having to go through Kickstarter

#notspeakingforCGL

Something that should be understood is that earlier Kickstarters have used alternate means of payment, but while they can contribute to stretch goals (since that is a construct of the group raising money and not Kickstarter the firm), they absolutely cannot contribute to the initial funding amount. Kickstarter gets a cut of the effort, if successful. If the company doesn't see the dollars, they will not count those dollars toward funding success.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #78 on: 13 June 2019, 16:22:18 »
Actually, I had no beef with any of the new classics. It is quite clear that everything, from the art to the model, has been done with the care they deserve.

As you may guess, I am highly interested and happy with the news. The hype is real.

They are the absolute best 'mechs I've ever seen. I even prefer them to the Unseen originals.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 13 June 2019, 16:24:25 »
All I have to say in this matter is this:
:excited:

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #80 on: 13 June 2019, 16:37:15 »
I'm really looking forward to this but I have to ask - will you be using the same fulfillment warehouse as is being used for Shadowrun Sprawl Ops?
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 13 June 2019, 16:43:50 »
**MODNOTICE**

Please take the discussion of clan era vs 3145 TO&E elsewhere. I'll be splitting out those posts into a different thread shortly.

Edit: Here's the new thread: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65655.0
« Last Edit: 13 June 2019, 16:49:57 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 13 June 2019, 16:44:14 »
Of course, sorry!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 13 June 2019, 16:46:41 »

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #84 on: 13 June 2019, 16:48:29 »
Was it a Trial of Possession or a Trial of Absorption?

In the words of Zoidberg, why not both? I all ready excitedly showed the girlfriend and informed her of my wallets impending demise. She was excited to see the direwolf.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #85 on: 13 June 2019, 16:57:45 »
I have spoken.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #86 on: 13 June 2019, 17:14:00 »
In the words of Zoidberg, why not both? I all ready excitedly showed the girlfriend and informed her of my wallets impending demise. She was excited to see the direwolf.

So she has you by Temptations and by War then? :D

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 13 June 2019, 17:37:13 »
The Clan Invasion box set will add five popular Clan OmniMechs to your arsenal, including the seminal Timber Wolf (Mad Cat).  The Clan Command Star expansion will include the devastating Dire Wolf (Daishi) and the ever-popular Shadow Cat, while the Clan Attack Star pack will contain the Warhawk (Masakari) and Nova Cat.

We can see the other three Omnis in the Command Star picture, but what will the other three in the Attack Star be?  And, what about the other four in the base box set besides the Mad Cat?  Really hoping to see a Hellbringer in the pile, to go along with all the other goodness.

Also CRUSADER WHEN
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #88 on: 13 June 2019, 17:46:08 »
3 tips for Kickstarter newbs.

#1) Pledge a $1.  Afraid you might not have the funds in your account the day the kickstarter ends?  Just put in a dollar.  Once the backer kit goes live, you'll be able to up your pledge.  Are you only interested in a stretch goal and don't know if it'll make it?  Just pledge a dollar.  You'll get the backer updates and once the goal you want is available you can always up your pledge.  If it doesn't and your forget to cancel your pledge, you're only out a dollar.

#2) Kickstarter is NOT a preorder.  There is always a risk with kickstarters  You're not preordering, you're investing in a new product.  If successful, you're investment is paid back with product.  If the price of plastic suddenly quadruples driving Randell into a mad rage causing him to delete all the only copies of the 3D files for the minis and PDFs for the new books, then you're just out of luck.  Related to this, if a iskickstarter saying they're to deliver August 2020, expect it by August 2021 and just be pleasantly surprised if it's earlier than that.

#3) Don't just bid $1!  Does nothing I brought up in #1 apply to you?  Then make sure your bid is high enough to get everything you want.  The more everyone pledges, the faster we unlock stretch goals which means better deals, more add ons, or both.   Just don't try to get cheeky by pledging a lot to get stretch goals and then lowering your pledge back to what you can actually afford.  Kickstarter recognizes this and will kick you out.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #89 on: 13 June 2019, 17:47:38 »
Really hoping to see a Hellbringer in the pile, to go along with all the other goodness.

Will this help?

(From the Jade Falcon megathread)

Summoner without Hellbringer?

Also CRUSADER WHEN

Yes. This.

* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"