Author Topic: A Call to War!  (Read 26257 times)

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
A Call to War!
« on: 29 August 2015, 11:42:36 »
Welcome to A Call to War, a CGL staff and volunteer Alpha Strike force-building odyssey!  Over the next four months, several volunteer CGL representatives will be painting a new force for Alpha Strike.  They will be using the new Force Building Mechanics from the Alpha Strike Companion, but other than that, they have been left up to their own devices as to what force they create and what faction the chose to represent!

You will find below links to their threads as they work through this journey.  They will be discussing how they built the force, aspects of the force building process, it’s benefits and limitations, information on their chosen faction, painting tips for their force, and of course updates as they paint their way through.

We invite you to join along and create you own Alpha Strike force!  Here are the guidelines that our fearless leaders have used:

• Create a force between 360-400 points
  • Use the Force Building Rules from Alpha Strike Companion
  • Paint roughly 100 points a month
  • Post your progress

We hope that you will participate with us, and in January, we will all have some amazing forces to pit against our friends and enemies.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask here. 

Keep your PPC’s hot; I can’t wait to see what the community cooks up!

CGL Volunteers
Savage Coyote -Clan Sea Fox Tiburon Khanate
cavingjan - Clan Coyote Epsilon Galaxy
Scotty - Free Worlds League 1st Covenant Guards
wantec - Clan Wolf Blue Keshik
worktroll - Capellan Confederation 4th Tau Ceti Rangers
Weirdo - Star League Defense Force 146th Dragoon Regiment
nckestel - Mercenary 21st Centauri Lancers
God and Davion - Society/Dark Caste El Jaguar
psycho - Capellan Confederation 3rd Sian Dragoons
« Last Edit: 13 September 2015, 22:24:12 by worktroll »

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Re: A Call to War!
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2015, 22:28:51 »
Thanks to the announcement regarding new sculpts, I've suddenly (and rather cheaply) come into possession of way more unseen than is probably healthy. (Mmm. Introductory Box Set Archers.)
As this is a official event, I do need to check if the usual stance on unseen models applies.

As soon as I get clarification, I'll start crunching numbers.

Von Ether

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2015, 23:22:30 »
Funny enough, 360-400 PV Company/Binary was the magic range we came up  with for our local Battletech group as we pondered a core book Warchest campaign.

For some reason, I can't remember, we thought we had to do three times that. But that was too many figs on the board for something we wanted to wrap up in under three hours.
"New players, regardless of age, need to know two things about a wargame. How to blow stuff up and what faction is painted in his favorite color. All the rest can come later when they are hooked." -- A.G.
"But the problem is that it seems to have been made by someone who equates complication with complexity, and that just ain't so." -- iamfanboy

Panthros

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2015, 21:20:04 »
Links no longer work. 

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2015, 22:25:25 »
By the power of Greyskull SMF .. now they do!  :)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

mic

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2015, 05:24:43 »
Hi All
what a fantastic thread, all the minis look great, has inspired me to paint the plastics from the intro box
regards mic

kuriosly

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2016, 16:51:21 »
<--deleted for necro... why oh why is this post pinnned? if its just necro?-->
« Last Edit: 15 March 2016, 19:27:55 by kuriosly »

technick123

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2021, 07:35:22 »
Hi everyone,

that's really a great thread with great answers. Truly inspiring. Thanks!

Greetings
Always on the battle field.