Author Topic: Battletech League - Canton, OH  (Read 1432 times)

Battlegrounds2BoardGames

• Recruit
  • Get your game on!
    • Battlegrounds to Board Games
Battletech League - Canton, OH
« on: 30 October 2019, 12:39:25 »
Hi All,

We have just kicked off our first Battletech Escalation League at Battlegrounds to Board Games at 1314 Whipple Ave. NW Canton, OH 44708. I just wanted to get this posted in case anyone in the community wanted to get involved. Please PM or email me if interested.

Here are the details.

The league will take place starting Tuesday 10/29. During that time you will need to play one game per week. Any players that can't make it on Tuesdays will need to schedule and play their match at another time during the week. If you don't have any mechs, don't worry. We stock a very wide selection of Battletech products and accessories to start off with or to add to your existing collection. We also have some really cool and challenging maps to play on.

The league will be taking place during the Succession Wars era in the Inner Sphere. All maps must be agreed upon before scheduling a match. There is a $10 buy in for the league with prizes being awarded to the top 3 players. 100% of the entry fees will be given out as prizes. Scoring is as follows:

•   10 pts for a win
•   5 pts for painted
•   3 pts for sportsmanship
•   2 pts for participation

There are 20 pts total you can achieve per match. Scores will be tallied for each week.                                   

Week 1: Maps: Intro maps that come in the beginner and box sets
Battle value: 1500. Mechs can be chosen from Technical Readout: Succession Wars or the older Technical Readout: 3025. If BV is not shown in your book, then you will use the BV2 value shown for the mech on the Sarna.net wiki.

Modified gunnery and piloting scores allowed using the chart from the Tech Manual.

Week 2: Maps: Any terrain map, but no city maps with buildings.
Battle Value: 2250, modified pilot scores allowed but no custom mechs.

Week 3: Maps: Anything goes, city maps with building rules can now be included.

Battle value: 3000 Custom mechs/vehicles are now allowed as well as aerospace or other vehicles. Vehicles can be chosen from Technical Readout: 3026 using Sarna.net’s BV2 value.
City/building rules can be found in Battletech: Total Warfare or Battletech: Battlemech Manual. Vehicle rules and Aerospace rules can be found in Battletech: Total Warfare. Mech Customization rules are found in Battletech: Tech Manual using only Succession Wars era Inner Sphere technology.

Week 4: Maps: Again anything goes as long as agreed upon before a scheduled match.
Battle value: 4000 Custom pilot and mechs/vehicles allowed within point limits using Succession Wars era Inner Sphere technology.

I hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
Brandon Gillespie

NutritiousSlop

• Private
Re: Battletech League - Canton, OH
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2019, 12:58:57 »
I'm in Cleveland, and while that's a bit of a drive for me, I might stop into the store during working hours through the week someday soon!  Have you contacted the Cleveland BattleTech League through Facebook?  They might be able to send some bodies. 

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: Battletech League - Canton, OH
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2019, 13:28:54 »
CBL does Saturdays and Monday's currently. AT the moment, you have my attention/interest on Tuesdays (subject to change per my employer). Yes, its a trek but I am curious. Just have to ask The Wife…  ;D

I'm in Cleveland, and while that's a bit of a drive for me, I might stop into the store during working hours through the week someday soon!  Have you contacted the Cleveland BattleTech League through Facebook?  They might be able to send some bodies.

it's about an 1-1/2 drive from most locations north to south (assuming you use either I-77 or I-71 to I-77 via route 18
« Last Edit: 30 October 2019, 13:35:20 by ThePW »
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Register