Author Topic: [Alpha Strike] Battle for the thermal station  (Read 3127 times)

Marc C

• Corporal
[Alpha Strike] Battle for the thermal station
« on: 11 May 2019, 05:31:53 »
A few picture of our first game BT game last night. It was great fun. 4 mechs against 4. We had to take control of a thermal station.

At mid game it looked like I would loose badly but I was able to maneuver and score critical hits destroying 3 enemy mechs. It was down to my Wolverine size 2 vs the enemy Awesome size 4. Out was outsized and outgunned but managed to survive 3 others turns before loosing my Wolverine and loosing the game.

Enemy Lance

My lance

TURN 2 • The enemy approaches for the North (image top) while I advance from the South (bottom)

Shadow Hawk kills my Locust

My Wolverine finishes the Shadow Hawk

My Wolverine destroys the enemy Commando

The enemy Awesome destroys my Wolverine • End Game
« Last Edit: 11 May 2019, 05:42:08 by Marc C »
________________________________________________________________________________
RPG played : B/X • AD&D1e, AD&D2e, D&D3e, D&D5E • Star Frontiers • Star Wars WEG • D20 Modern • Star Wars Saga • Numenara • Ashen Stars • Coriolis the Third Horizon • Modern AGE
________________________________________________________________________________
WARGAMES played : Starfire • Cars Wars • Ogre/GEV • MechWarrior Dark Ages • 40K • Infinity • SAGA Dark Ages • Freebooters Fate • Pulp City • Dropzone Commander • Gates of Antares • BSG Space Battles

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: [Alpha Strike] Battle for the thermal station
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2019, 21:42:21 »
Nice report and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:  You show the Alpha Strike cards in your photos.  Were you playing AS rules or classic?
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Marc C

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2019, 07:32:33 »
Nice report and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:  You show the Alpha Strike cards in your photos.  Were you playing AS rules or classic?

Thank you. We used the AS quick start rules pdf. Next time we will use the detailed rules of the 2018 armored combat box.
RPG played : B/X • AD&D1e, AD&D2e, D&D3e, D&D5E • Star Frontiers • Star Wars WEG • D20 Modern • Star Wars Saga • Numenara • Ashen Stars • Coriolis the Third Horizon • Modern AGE
WARGAMES played : Starfire • Cars Wars • Ogre/GEV • MechWarrior Dark Ages • 40K • Infinity • SAGA Dark Ages • Freebooters Fate • Pulp City • Dropzone Commander • Gates of Antares • BSG Space Battles

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2019, 08:00:18 »
great looking game! Sounds like that wolverine was MVP of the game!

Marc C

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2019, 08:29:00 »
great looking game! Sounds like that wolverine was MVP of the game!

Yes he was great. He even destroyed all the armor boxes of the Awesome and almost (failed roll) scored critical hits.