Author Topic: Looking for some Mechwarrior RP  (Read 3404 times)

Atlessa

Looking for some Mechwarrior RP
« on: 26 February 2012, 21:32:39 »
Hello Board,
My first post here, so I'm a little nervous

Sadly, my previous attempts at starting or joining a Battletech-based RP campaign failed miserably (I think it's not my fault but I'm not sure), so when I stumbled across this board, I was very happy. :D

A bit about me:
I actually got my name, "Atlessa", when I first played the game "Mechcommander" which was also my first contact with the Battletech universe.
Back then I was seriously impressed at the Atlas' performance in that game and somehow wanted to use that in my nickname from then on.
However "Atlas" was a) much too overused for my tastes and b) certainly didn't sound very female ;)

A good friend suggested "Atlessia" which I used for a while, but a little later I dropped the 'i' for some reason I don't remember.

Fun fact: as of today, I THINK I am the only person on the internet who goes by this name, so If it sounds familiar to you, chances are that you know me already ;)

I played MOST of the video games, and read several of the books.
Sadly I never got a chance to play the tabletop game (even MekTek somehow refuses to work on my computer)

I am a member of "Clan Smokejaguar" in Mechwarrior: Living Legends. (I can only guess if any of you play that as well?
At least I THINK I still am... there's been a couple misunderstandings, and I haven't been too active in that game recently for various reasons.

I am hoping to find some players, or join a running campaign, so I can FINALLY sate my hunger for some "battletech RP"...
I would prefer to play a (freeborn?) Clanner, but if the campaign somehow doesn't allow that, I won't be too sad.
I'm also not too picky at what form of communication would be used (I can think of: Forum, Teamspeak, e-mail, "virtual table" software) with the exception of MekTek... (see above)

Edit: I also might need some time to get familiar with the actual ruleset used, but obviously I need to know which ruleset that would be.
« Last Edit: 26 February 2012, 21:35:05 by Atlessa »

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
  • mei veneratio est mei vita
Re: Looking for some Mechwarrior RP
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2012, 18:27:47 »
Welcome to the boards!

Well, right now theres the Solaris 7 RP game featured below. That game isn't going to focus too much on RP last I knew, however that could change at any time. Normally you can find the Fan Council Game(FGC) running, but the previous incarnation ran into staff and rules problems, and is currently lying dormant. I've not heard any news on progress there, but again- it could spring up at any time.

If you don't mind going to a different forum, Intelser.org runs an FGC campaign(it started here and moved to the new site like 2-3 years ago), and is undergoing a rules revamp and a timeline jump atm. I also GM an A Time of War game on the site, and we're looking for new players aswell.
Global Moderator - Intelser.org

"I imagine he burned up on re-entry. That kind of happens when one is spaced in orbit without any kind of flight suit, parachute, or other protective gear...."
-Herb Beas

Space him from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

Atlessa

« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2012, 08:20:06 »
I also GM an A Time of War game on the site, and we're looking for new players aswell.

I will look into it, thanks :)

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2012, 22:06:07 »
You might want to take a look here:  http://www.battletech-mercenaries.com/

Register