Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 46911 times)

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
Re: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!
« Reply #720 on: 17 September 2023, 04:30:29 »
Beanbag rounds are typically fired from shotguns.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #721 on: 17 September 2023, 06:43:31 »
Which is kind of crazy to me, given that the Falcons were brutally repressive to their conquered populace well before Malvina Hazen came to power and the Falcons in particular had suffered quite a bit from the Society (and answered it with the Annihilation of their entire scientist caste).

Despite the whole work credits thing there is a thriving black market in the Clan OZ a bottle of Scotch here, a pretty little thing there and suddenly they control you.  Not to mention if the Falcons were brutal enough the people won’t trust them and thus the black market steps in “offering better protection”.

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #722 on: 23 September 2023, 08:27:39 »
Considering the Malthus Confederation is probably stronger than the Malthus family during the succession wars I would state that there are more shenanigans not less.

Jade Falcon political system is exactly the type of environment where organized crime would thrive once forced out of isolation of the Homeworlds

It's been that way throughout history, the more repressive the system is the more organized crime has to become in order to survive and generate profit and historic axiom is that there will always be crime

Malthus Syndicate is not an anomaly, it's logical outcome

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #723 on: 24 September 2023, 08:31:44 »
So we got a new story in Shrapnel 14… I mean sorta…. It’s certainly an interesting one.

Indeed it is, quite a fun read

I hope that Mongol Falcon survived the ilClan trial and will be riding the Great Work in the years to come, Osiris-chan is just the right tool to tech him some humility and give him fresh perspective on life  :grin:

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #724 on: 28 September 2023, 10:15:23 »
Certainly been asked before but it's hard to search: did Zeta Galaxy have a defined colorscheme? Nothing in Warden Clans or via CamoSpecs that I see.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #725 on: 28 September 2023, 11:40:17 »
I don’t think they lasted long enough. Plus being all BA makes it kind of a weird unit to paint, so no camospecs options, or even a description.

Of any unit, they would make the most sense to just be camo. Maybe take on, either in part or in whole, the cluster’s they combined with paint scheme when they made the nova clusters.

Or maybe they go full into their nickname, Claws of the Ghost, and are a greenish white.

TL;DR: I don’t think so.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #726 on: 28 September 2023, 13:15:45 »
I’d want to look at Test of Vengeance again and read thru it to see. IIRC it’s the only fiction with a Claw unit in it. And of course Warden Clans but you said you checked.

How in the name of hell has no one painted Zeta on CamoSpecs… I’m disappointed in my fellow Bears lol

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #727 on: 28 September 2023, 13:53:30 »
Should erect The Walking Dead unit...

Paint them on Zeta's colors, when found, and do a death style morbid scheme.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #728 on: 28 September 2023, 16:10:32 »
Was considering painting a star of Zeta to go with a Rasalhague trinary I'm assembling, but

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #729 on: 28 September 2023, 21:09:21 »
I'd say the closest there is to an actual answer to this question is the newer cover of Test of Vengeance. Maybe the original cover, too, for comparison's sake?

EDIT: There's a Zeta Galaxy Elemental Point from the First Claw in the Miniature Rules book, page 28.

IIRC it’s the only fiction with a Claw unit in it.

There's also "The Walking Dead" from the 25 Years book.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2023, 21:21:26 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #730 on: 29 September 2023, 08:20:24 »
Interesting, thanks. That’s a hell of a pauldron.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #731 on: 29 September 2023, 14:16:34 »
Well, one wouldn't know they were dying from Rad poison from the mini, but a possible solution might be to give a radioactive sign on their suits or hex side.

Paint them in Zeta and then the symbol to represent them should do nicely.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #732 on: 03 October 2023, 18:27:55 »
I've actually been rereading Test of Vengeance (first time since ~2001!) and while I haven't noticed a standard paintscheme mention, Zeta does use a white and blue camo on Alshain.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #733 on: 03 October 2023, 20:28:52 »
Again (just in case it was missed), Zeta Galaxy does have a canon paint scheme (with a photograph of a Point of Elementals) in the Miniatures Rules book, page 28.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #734 on: 04 October 2023, 07:13:05 »
Oh, I know. I just thought it interesting to bring up, since the book’s contents were suggested earlier.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #735 on: 16 November 2023, 21:09:03 »
Certainly wouldn't be the first time that Stackpole's ignored canon and continuity. I can't imagine it's because he was unaware; I know less than jack **** about the FWL and even I was aware of Resolution 288; it's one of the FWL's defining traits.
Actually, it was channeling a realworld political science paradigm, what is explicitly written into a law or constitution may not actually represent the reality. This is true of even highly stable and effective governments. To parse it another way, the Parliament has full control of the courts, who may ask the Parliament for advice when making a ruling--that advice is to be taken as though it were the law. As it is advice to what a law means rather than lawmaking, it is vetoproof. The Free Worlds League also seems to have a system of implied rights as seen in the right for systems to have self-determination from provinces.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2023, 21:10:50 by Minemech »

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #736 on: 16 November 2023, 22:45:04 »
Certainly wouldn't be the first time that Stackpole's ignored canon and continuity. I can't imagine it's because he was unaware; I know less than jack **** about the FWL and even I was aware of Resolution 288; it's one of the FWL's defining traits.

Except that Thomas wasn't really worried about it, he was NEGOTIATING.
"ohh gee Hanse I'd like to help but but you know parliment hamstrings me, you need to sweeten the pot for them"
Noticethat Hanse offered Thomas something that benifited HIM, and not nesscarily the FWL in the end and suddenly had an agreement? Hnase clearly KNEW Thomas was bullshitting.
The Suns will shine again

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #737 on: 17 November 2023, 20:54:07 »
I'd say the closest there is to an actual answer to this question is the newer cover of Test of Vengeance.

Nice art work, thanks for the share  :cool:

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #738 on: 19 November 2023, 22:03:08 »
Interesting, thanks. That’s a hell of a pauldron.

Almost reminds me of a 40k terminator pauldron, with the GB symbol replacing the cruix

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #739 on: 20 November 2023, 15:27:13 »
Agh my shoulder articulation!

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #740 on: 29 November 2023, 07:46:14 »
That moment reading FM Warden Clans when you realise Delta Galaxy (The Blitzkrieg) are mobility focused with independent junior officers with a lot of freedom, excellent senior officers, relying on air support to cut through where their lack of mass cannot. It is Fall Gelb.

I should stop watching tanker YouTube.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #741 on: 29 November 2023, 08:11:23 »
 The Bears had character. The only problem was that the Field Manual revealed how small Clan forces truly were, an Inner Sphere battle armor regiment would not be worth mentioning outside of the context of the regiment it might be attached to, the Bears bragged about a galaxy (Zeta). Omicron was becoming an aerospace centered unit for some Raven tint.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #742 on: 18 December 2023, 20:09:31 »
Field Manual Warden Clans is an old book now. There are a lot more layers to things now. Eg Royal SLDF Mechs, the Unseen are back, etc.
There was always a problem with the PGCs as they lacked the OmniMechs to shift their battle armor. At least without devoting every OmniMech to the task. At the same time Sigma Galaxy fluff talks about tank crews requesting transfer to Sigma from other Galaxies when historically tanks barely exist in other Galaxies.
So what are our thoughts on light transport Stars attached to PGC BA Binaries in the pre 3060 era?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #743 on: 18 December 2023, 22:19:55 »
Absolutely yes. I think once we do a full merger in the post jihad era every unit should have them attached.

Maybe 2-5 older omnis per trinary of Battlemechs. They need it

Even full on IFVs I don’t mind.

‘if it’s not on two or four legs or flying it’s not real and can be ignored for force building.’
      -A clanner (probably)

The Saladin Clan Cargo variant calls out its use as infantry transport. We built the Tyr shortly after our migration, and the similar Eldingar after the Jihad (probably to deal with our Omni-shortage). The Bandit and Badger were invented well after clan doctrine was established so there has to be a reason someone did it. Even the heavy APC types are on the MUL for clans at all times. I imagine just like solhama and non-integrated aero assets, they are unlisted.

NCKestrel’s new favorite.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #744 on: 26 December 2023, 05:00:04 »
Field Manual Warden Clans is an old book now. There are a lot more layers to things now. Eg Royal SLDF Mechs, the Unseen are back, etc.
There was always a problem with the PGCs as they lacked the OmniMechs to shift their battle armor. At least without devoting every OmniMech to the task. At the same time Sigma Galaxy fluff talks about tank crews requesting transfer to Sigma from other Galaxies when historically tanks barely exist in other Galaxies.
So what are our thoughts on light transport Stars attached to PGC BA Binaries in the pre 3060 era?

For PCG's I wonder if a support vehicle would be more fitting? something to get the BA Stars to the field but not get involved, much like how some old IRL infantry used to ride horses to the field, then dismount and fight on foot, leaving the horses behind their lines. or just Indra's, Svantovit's and SLDF hand me down APC's.
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #745 on: 26 December 2023, 19:21:25 »
Trothkin, soon (tm) I will fight the Jade Falcons for a third time Star Versus Star and I hope to win once again to make three out of three victories.

Grand Summoner Prime
Mad Dog Mark VI B
Jade Phoenix Prime
Shrike
Gyrfalcon

(All 4/3 pilots)

Versus my

Warhammer IIC 10 (3/4)
Nova Cat E (3/4)
Executioner F (2/4)
Kodiak 5 (3/4)
Kontio (3/2)

We both rolled in the RAT’s (Tamar versus DD), and I didn’t stick with the exact variants but the same mechs (I rolled badly on a couple of the Front Line mechs so I re-rolled on the second line and good better machines). I put more points into gunnery (as usual for me) with the exception of the Kontio.
 Most afraid of the Jade Phoenix and Gyrfalcon: Jade because well it’s an optimized beast, and the Gyrfalcon only because I have to hope I can put dance it around with the Kontio.

Will update once the battle is fought!

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #746 on: 26 December 2023, 21:25:02 »
don't under estimate the grand summoner prime eaither, it's a good mech,

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #747 on: 27 December 2023, 09:26:37 »
don't under estimate the grand summoner prime eaither, it's a good mech,

I’ve faced the Prime, C, and D. The C is a monster imo but the Prime and D are standard heavies: treat with respect but not the worst.

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #748 on: 27 December 2023, 19:20:40 »
The Jade Phoenix is getting +3 defensive mods, but suffering +3 to-hits. With those 4 gunners it is at 7s to hit you from the start. It is a big scary Clan assault but you have them too. The Gyrfalcon is a tough target and set up for sniping. OTOH 4 gunner again so if it wants to sit at long range it starts at 11. It will have to be at 15 hexes if it wants to hit anything.

It looks manageable.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #749 on: 06 January 2024, 15:49:16 »
In a (relatively) short but decisive game Clan Ghost Bear has come out victorious!

The Kontio pilot (with big titanium … uh well you know) charged up the left flank, dropped prone for a turn, dodged the entire enemy Stars fire to savage the enemy Grand Summoner, Mad Dog, and Gyrfalcon. The Executioner sniped enemy mechs until it was able to charge in and seriously damage the enemy Grand Summoner with a kick. The Kodiak drew most of the enemy fire while evaporating enemy armor with its phalanx of medium lasers, while the Nova Cat and Warhammer rained fire upon the approaching Shrike and Jade Phoenix. The Phoenix fell for the trap and the Nova Cat unleashed 36 HE ATM rounds (with the majority hitting) and stripping a boatload of armor from the previously lightly damaged machine.

With the two enemy assault mechs savaged at close range and his two heavies moderately damaged the Falcon commander requested hegira. Most of my mechs had armor damage (Kodiak needed just about every armor plate on the front) and my Warhammer had an unlucky Torso issue. But we have claimed victory in the end

I took salvage, and as the trial was for a full Star of enemy machines, I have now captured a full Trinary of Falcon machines for my Galaxy.

Register