Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
BattleMechs / Re: Thug IIC (KISS principle at work)
« Last post by Hellraiser on Today at 12:28:44 »
Ouch, that had to hurt.

But is a LAMS able to fire multiple times?

Like I said, I thought that was just a rule in AT.
I like that too.

Leans back to the old "Battletechnology ScreamingHawk" IIRC w/ its Modular SRM4/LRM5 slot.

Also a nice Anti-Infantry pack of 5-LMG & 100 Shots

Possibly one w/ MML-3 & ERSL & 1 Ton Ammo (Variable) for a faster swap out than the full LRM5/SRM4 slots.

Additional Electronics Packs of Angel+C3S & Watchdog+TAG

PS.  What is an MM-1?   I feel like I'm totally missing something here.
I am less of a fan of 2 types of basic missiles, for the same tonnage you can squeeze in 3 lrm5s, would need another ton of ammo though

With those two tons I'd go for the other two jump jets and armor, but that's me... :)

Agreed on both, much more "Optimal" options.
Sometimes though you want to keep that "CrapowHawk" feel of 2 mixed launchers & 5-8-3 as ugly as that is.

Jumping ahead to the Jihad I think there is a Hawk w/ MML7 instead of the 2 launchers & it keeps WYSIWYG & I love that, even though you do have the inefficiency of the MML7 tonnage in there.  But I like the feel of it at least.

No idea what the rest of the stats are but a pair of Beamers (ERPPC/ERML?) w/ MML7 isn't a bad option really at all.
We're missing a few that are vitally important for the future of the Draconis Combine, the Rasalhauge Dominion, the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone, the Taurian Concordat, the Magistracy of Canopus and the Marian Hegemony.

Sarah Bekker Khan of Clan Ghost Bear
Hjalmer Miraborg Prince of the Rasalhauge Dominion
Jiyi Chistu Khan of Jade Falcon
Sarah Regis Governor General of the Tamar Pact
Marena Syndic of the Alyina Merchant Leauge
Vedet Brewer Leader of the Vesper Marches and the former Duke of Hesperus II
Isolde Centrella, Colonel in the MAF and potential heir to the Magistracy of Canopus
Caesar Ignatius O'Reilly, leader of the Marian Hegemony
Duke Ari Humphreys, Duke of Andurien
Ilse Centrella, Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus
Kaff Doru, the Protector of the Taurian Concordat
Sam Calderon the Protector of the Calderon Protectorate

Out of these I'm most nterested in Sara Regis, as I love the idea of a realm using Lyran trappings but without the idiocy of Lyran social general ship. The Hinterlands is the new Chaos March and it's awesome.

Kaff Doru as it's finally awesome to see Davion get humbled by the Concordat and put the band back together.  The Taurians had a giant crap sandwich handed to them since the Jihad and they need the Calderon Protectorate to finally get back lost territory and more production

Isolde Centrella. The brew between the Magistracy, Liao, the Marians, the Duchy of Andurien, and Marik is awesome. Will the alliance survive? Will the Hegemony defeat the quarter of the Magistracy's armed might sent on its way to conquer Alphard? Will the Duchy of Andurien  and Canopus merge into a new Great Sixth House?

MegaMek Games / Re: Is there an updated AtB document
« Last post by yukamichi on Today at 12:05:42 »
MekHQ already has random abilities built-in to its personnel generation, with an adjustable chance based on the personnel's experience rating.

What I typically do is build a unit by hand, and add them to the roster by using MekHQ's randomised personnel generator until I hit one that has the same experience rating (which will also automatically include randomised qualities like name, age, planet of origin, bonus skills, and special abilities).
A few weeks ago, a series of images were posted showing mechs that are taking part in the events that will be detailed in IlKhan's Eyes Only.  Did anyone take the time to determine which ones have been seen?
Off the top of my head:
Clan Wolf Beta Galaxy
Clan Wolf Gamma Galaxy
Clan Wolf Golden Keshik
Clan Snow Raven Beta Galaxy
Clan Snow Raven Alpha Galaxy (Dropship)
CC: Dynasty Guards
CC: 1st Liao Guards
CC: 4th Capellan Chargers
CC: House Dai Da Chi
MoC: 3rd Canopian Light Horse
Off Topic / Re: Anyone else remember Hypernauts?
« Last post by ANS Kamas P81 on Today at 11:44:34 »
I've seen the show you're talking about; I remember those moments.  I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Akamia on Today at 11:35:08 »
Fig
Found online
Off Topic / Re: Anyone else remember Hypernauts?
« Last post by idea weenie on Today at 10:48:49 »
"We have a Batman at home."

... and this to was aimed at adults, not children.

I remember one superhero movie, where the main character had a fiber-optic disguise costume.  One time during the movie the hero wears the costume to a costume ball (and he doesn't stick out), and shows off its ability to change colors to the female protagonist.  A butler nearby tries to identify him and has to keep rephrasing as the color changes.  "The guy in the red outfit.  No, the green outfit."  "Will you make up your mind."  The hero-car could also change colors, had internal semi-AI systems that could evaluate threats, and some weapons.  This color-changing is used to temporarily lose the pursuers by changing color inside a tunnel (so the pursuing helicopter never sees).

Thought it was Nightman based on the camouflage cape, but I was wrong.

Wish I could remember its name.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10