Author Topic: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)  (Read 164940 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Re: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)
« Reply #660 on: 26 October 2019, 11:07:19 »
I mean, it's not your Jumpship.

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #661 on: 26 October 2019, 12:14:10 »
lol I know that but it be funny you end up transporting the units your attacking along to the mission.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #662 on: 26 October 2019, 13:23:46 »
More likely they're merchant ships, not the same forces you're about to or just faced.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #663 on: 26 October 2019, 13:35:08 »
Hey boss, didn't that guy we chatted with in dropship galley mention he piloted a beat up Catapult?  I could swear that's him there in the trees!

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #664 on: 26 October 2019, 20:05:08 »
Since  I yet to finish the game  due to having some pc issues.  I want to ask does anyone else keep getting hitchhikers on the jumpship when you jump lol.  I seen many leopards and a few union ships among my many jumps lol

You don't own the jumpship, you are renting them, just like the other random ships that are getting rides.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #665 on: 28 October 2019, 10:51:46 »
I've been bad i've not been playing the game as much as i should be.

Question:  has people had issues trying to get into another person game?  I tried getting into the game with my brother, but his game was purchased through steam and mine was through humble bundle, but we both same version of the game but it's not linking or i get kicked out.   
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #666 on: 29 October 2019, 16:17:10 »
I have never played or even attempted multiplayer so I can't say for certain.  Maybe post some additional details if any are available or search out details on the official game's forum?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #667 on: 31 October 2019, 06:03:12 »
Was the Humble Bundle key for steam or another service? It shouldn't make a difference for the network though.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #668 on: 31 October 2019, 14:57:09 »
Was the Humble Bundle key for steam or another service? It shouldn't make a difference for the network though.
It was a steam key i received.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #669 on: 02 November 2019, 08:43:23 »
Grrr...  They're not going to give older mechs special quirks/equipment. That's going to be the modders' job.   >:(
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #670 on: 02 November 2019, 09:26:25 »
Grrr...  They're not going to give older mechs special quirks/equipment. That's going to be the modders' job.   >:(
I still think that's... Really, really stupid.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #671 on: 02 November 2019, 09:59:40 »
The excuse is dealing with save compatibility.  Didn't stop them with pilot abilities.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #672 on: 02 November 2019, 10:41:45 »
The excuse is dealing with save compatibility.  Didn't stop them with pilot abilities.

For pilots, they just had to look for the old abilities and refund XP. It's not as easy with the 'Mechs, since all of the quirks are added via 'fixed' equipment that can't be moved/removed.

Should they strip all equipment from custom designs to make sure there's room? Assigning pilot XP is instant, refits aren't.

I wish they had added quirks for all the designs but I kind of understand why they didn't. It would be really nice if they added some additional potential quirks that can be modded in so we're not just limited to ~10 quirks.

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #673 on: 04 November 2019, 07:09:14 »
The funny thing is that they had chassis quirks upon release. Go hover over a Shadowhawk and you'll see it gets a melee damage quirk, part of the reason it is actually a reasonably strong mech to have in your lineup (the others being the AC/5 having more damage and heat being a bit higher overall). Special equipment, I'll grant, but I'm less than entirely thrilled to see that show up rather than simply using built-in chassis quirks. Of course, it will hurt build diversity to some extent but since I don't have the product in hand, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that HBS won't screw it up too bad and create a One True (and probably not stock) Build situation in the mech lab.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #674 on: 04 November 2019, 10:49:04 »
They may still add quirks to the original mechs later on.  Maybe they want to see how things go with the new models and their quirks before doing the work to expand it to all units.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #675 on: 04 November 2019, 11:12:09 »
Its also possible they could be putting it into place in updates but do not have it all ready for roll out with the expansion.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #676 on: 04 November 2019, 12:00:39 »
They explicitly said they aren't going to do it with the old mechs because it would invalidate people's saves and ruing their builds.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #677 on: 04 November 2019, 12:24:46 »
Which is a headscratcher since I have some saves that do not work after the last release- and I do not use any mods.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Insaniac99

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #678 on: 04 November 2019, 12:58:15 »
Yeah, it makes me want them to make a Version 2 for the next game, like they did with Dragonfall Director's Cut.

They've learned a lot, and are currently being held back by the game.  Once Heavy Metal releases, seeing them start working on v2 with a brand new story campaign would be great.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #679 on: 04 November 2019, 13:08:26 »
Yeah, I honestly want company sized drops- even if the company does not drop together; 8 from a mod Union over here, and 4 from a Leopard over there.  Or even better- an assault drop!  Troops scattered into the wind (did everyone even land in the AO?), group up before singletons get picked off and push on to the objective.

I really hope we get a V2 before they try to introduce the Clans.
Colt Ward

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #680 on: 04 November 2019, 16:20:06 »
Yeah, I honestly want company sized drops- even if the company does not drop together; 8 from a mod Union over here, and 4 from a Leopard over there.  Or even better- an assault drop!  Troops scattered into the wind (did everyone even land in the AO?), group up before singletons get picked off and push on to the objective.

I really hope we get a V2 before they try to introduce the Clans.
I feel like, with the people who failed to upgrade the computer to run the game (how?), it'll pop those poor things.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #681 on: 04 November 2019, 18:21:57 »
"How" is easy... insufficient funds.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #682 on: 04 November 2019, 19:43:40 »
Of course, it will hurt build diversity to some extent but since I don't have the product in hand, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that HBS won't screw it up too bad and create a One True (and probably not stock) Build situation in the mech lab.

Most of the fixed equipment seems to be in the CT or head. Not all but a lot.

Rifleman has further sensor(sight?) range and decreased recoil penalties due to a built-in head equipment. Which unfortunately limits using any of the cockpit mods. I think there's at least 1-2 others in the same situation.

Archer was one of the few that its equipment in a side torso; has improved LRM clusters and higher stability damage for SRMs and only takes up 1 critical.

I forget specific examples but a few others reportedly have their equipment in the CT, which unfortunately would remove the ability to add better gyros (I really like the + hit defense gyros).

None of the objects are big and none take up any additional weight. I would definitely prefer if they were just part of the chassis in a way that didn't take away other critical spaces or at least were like the Archer's and out of the way. Since a lot of equipment is already smaller than in TT, losing 1 crit isn't as big of a deal but I found the gyros and cockpit mods make a pretty big difference (like not having a pilot out for 2 weeks due to an unlucky missile hit).

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #683 on: 06 November 2019, 03:20:39 »
Improve your medbays, man, it's only one week at most for one hit most of the time.

FedRatCowboy

• Master Sergeant
  • Loyal Knight of House Davion.
« Reply #684 on: 07 November 2019, 02:44:16 »
8 days usually for single head hits, but that also depends on what your Medtech level is at too.
"War is Hell. Combat is a mother ******."  --General Tommy Franks, US Army

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #685 on: 21 November 2019, 14:09:38 »
So, who's continuing their games today, and who's starting fresh?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #686 on: 21 November 2019, 16:31:04 »

I finished my Current Campaign for the PINK MENACE pirate force last week in prep for today.

Today starts the new Campaign of the mercenary company FLUFFY BUNNIES
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #687 on: 21 November 2019, 17:44:17 »
The Golden Disc Irregulars will be continuing the crusade against anyone and everything that looks at them funny.

Also, if you want a taste of completely overpowered; Put a Damage++ AC/10 on a Marauder and pair it with a pilot with called shot mastery, and remember to aim for the head. Your enemy will not thank you.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #688 on: 21 November 2019, 19:10:16 »

I have three days left in my current campaign so I'm a gonna finish it.  I have one each 4, 4.5 and 5 skull campaigns left in the command center and plenty of mechs left to trash.  :D

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #689 on: 21 November 2019, 19:54:16 »
New game, and going to see what I want to start with.  Gotta love .json modding.

Register