Author Topic: Crow's Galactic Graphics  (Read 3917 times)

Obsidian Crow

• Recruit
  • Defiler of things
Crow's Galactic Graphics
« on: 27 October 2016, 19:45:05 »
Hey guys,

Figured I'd start uploading the graphics / artwork I've been working on recently for my Battletech story(ies)/scenarios and factions. Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

WIP for a Parliamentary Republic that formed after a planetary system revolted against the system's ruling nobility (which has since then conducted a limited insurgency against the new government).

High Resolution

Flieger

• Warrant Officer
    • DoktorWhisky.de
Re: Crow's Galactic Graphics
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2016, 11:26:20 »
Looking very nice, superb execution! I can spot a British influence in the design of the rank insignia. It works well for the most part although I personally don't like the British system for the rank insignia when it comes to the higher ranks. But that is just my personal preference (and the fact that I served in an army with a different, simpler system).
Nonetheless I can clearly see what you aim for, which is more important than my preference, and that is done very well.

Obsidian Crow

• Recruit
  • Defiler of things
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2016, 12:10:53 »
Thank you, the chevrons were actually driving me nuts because I was just using a solid chevron laid atop the back for the dress uniform and it just felt off. As for the WO's in the enlisted grade, yeah definitely went with an offshoot of the Canadian Forces scheme.

As far as simple goes hopefully you don't mean a sergeant heavy system?  :D

Obsidian Crow

• Recruit
  • Defiler of things
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2016, 15:12:26 »
Reworked the Scotia Republic, didn't work well with the name of the system and the hawk-eagle went far better with house Godfrey than the griffin and dragon I had originally sketched up. Aside from that, the Liberation Forces of house Godfrey will have a fairly imperial (for dah emporah?) rating system for its officers with the enlisted rates being not much different from the Scotians.

High Resolution