Author Topic: Clan Question  (Read 2061 times)

2ndAcr

• Captain
Clan Question
« on: 03 January 2020, 19:14:01 »
 In my AU in the fan fic section, Clan Wolf has had Tamar plastered sort of like Canon.

Clan Coyote moved to the Clan Wolf zone in the Inner Sphere, 2 Galaxy's still on way from Home Worlds and only have roughly 20 Clusters in theater.

Now question, would Clan Wolf, hurting, would they go all out and try to absorb the Coyotes? They have been allies forever, but Khan Ward is not quite right in the head. He needs weapons and warriors badly, Clan Wolf is surrounded by threats.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: Clan Question
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2020, 01:06:29 »

Why are the Yotes in the Wolf OZ?  Did the Wolves invite the Yotes to help garrison the Wolf OZ?  Or are the Yotes invading?

Vlad and his Wolves are Crusaders.  Despite their long history with the Wolves, the Warden Yotes wouldn’t necessarily look favorably on helping Vlad.  Could make an argument either way.

A Trial of Absorption requires a unanimous vote by the Grand Council.  What pretext is Vlad using to get that vote?  Is this after the Yotes’ deep involvement in the Society cabal has come to light?  Or something else?  The Yotes have to do something pretty bad to get that vote.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2020, 01:16:09 »
 Year 3069. There has been a migration of Clans to the Inner Sphere. Clan Coyote made the move for greener pastures, the Wolves offered them holdings in hopes of staving off a devastating attack by the FedCom who punted the Falcons and Vipers from their OZ.

Khan Koga died, 2 Galaxies trying to leave the Home Worlds. Tamar just got orbital bombarded. Most of Clan Coyote manufacturing is operational on New Oslo. Wolves are hurting for material and troops.

In this AU, there has been some serious changes all around. After Burrock Absorption, their is no Society uprising. Only a few Clans still in Home Worlds and answering to Grand Council, most have left and could care less.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2020, 02:28:11 »
The Coyotes? No, I do not see the Wolves absorbing them unless the alternative was someone else absorbing them or worse. Working together? I can absolutely see that, sharing some of their (relatively worthless) OZ territory to see thatthey have a home, but at the same time, offloading some of the defense duties to a trusted ally.

Split possession of worlds is a thing that the clans forgot how to do when they left the homeworlds, but I think they could have revived the tradition in a situation like this.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Slapshot

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 04 January 2020, 14:49:22 »
That sounds like a way more believable situation compared to the home clan nonsense that actually happened.

In the warden clan sourcebook I think I remember seeing the Coyotes still have such a historical connection to the Wolves that they want to maintain their alliance but it's the wolves themselves putting them at a distance. I forget though, maybe I'm wrong.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2020, 16:15:09 »
There was some distance following the schism within the Wolves, but in the end, it was really the relationship with the Goliath Scorpions that truly faltered, not the Coyote bond. If you look at what happened in the Wars of Reaving, the Coyotes were pretty instrumental in the Wolves exit from the stage of the homeworlds, the trade of wolf holdings and assets for the Coyote Omicron Galaxy (atleast I think it was Omicron) giving them the assets needed to get the Kerensky Legacies out and make their stand at the Blood Chapel.

On a more unspoken note, When Vlad rebuilt his Wolves, he almost seemed to be following a more Coyote doctrine as pertains to weights and mechs. Clan Wolf in Exile retained the Fast Cavalry Doctrine, but if you look at the speeds of mechs during the rebuilding and into the Jihad they go a lot slower and heavier like the 'yotes are known for doing.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2020, 01:22:11 »
Year 3069. There has been a migration of Clans to the Inner Sphere. Clan Coyote made the move for greener pastures, the Wolves offered them holdings in hopes of staving off a devastating attack by the FedCom who punted the Falcons and Vipers from their OZ.

Khan Koga died, 2 Galaxies trying to leave the Home Worlds. Tamar just got orbital bombarded. Most of Clan Coyote manufacturing is operational on New Oslo. Wolves are hurting for material and troops.

AU, gotcha.

The bigger issue than whether the Wolves would target the Yotes for absorption is “how”.

To declare a Trial of Absorption, a _unanimous_ vote of the Grand Council is required.  That’s a very high bar.  It basically requires a finding by all the other Clans that the Yote’s warrior caste is no longer fit to run their Clan.  And that requires a pretty serious pretext, i.e., the Yotes must have done something really bad — or the Wolves must be able to convincingly accuse the Yotes of having done something really bad.

There’s nothing here indicating that the Yotes have done or could accused of doing anything wrong.  All you have are Wolf wants and needs.  The Wolves running a bad industrial base and logistics game is not justification for the Grand Council to hold a vote on a Trial of Absorption against the Yotes, not by a long shot.  Maybe some serious Trials of Possession, but that’s about it.

You need something like the Widowmakers’ nuclear false flag against the Ravens/Wolverines or the Burrocks consorting with the Bandit Caste to earn absorption.  Ironically, the Yotes’ harboring and allying with the Society would do the trick.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2020, 01:25:20 by Natasha Kerensky »
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."

Warship

• Sergeant
  • Once more into the fire
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2020, 12:49:19 »
But, wait a minute.  In this AU, the Grand Council is basically ignored by all but a few remaining Homeworlds Clans.  I would guess they are so weak, they cannot make the journey to the IS.  Regardless, a vote by the Grand Council would not be needed.  If Vlad thought he could pull it off, he would go for the Absorption.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2020, 14:54:47 »
The Jade Falcons claimed they absorbed the Wolves without an actual vote in canon.  Clans are capable of doing what ever they want in the Inner Sphere without much fear of the Grand Council's oversight.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 05 January 2020, 22:22:14 »
you guys forgotten some thing

The Grand Council have no importantace for the I. S. Clans also Clan Wolf only need the 'Yes' of the Council of Six

i don't see why they would move to the Wolves, they stuck in the homeworld and they need the Stone Lions to be a power in the HW!
I would love tho see them near the Wolves as Ally but i don't think so

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 05 January 2020, 22:45:33 »
 In this AU, only Falcon, Viper, Horse, Scorpion, Spirit, Mandrill remain in the Home Worlds. The very last Ravens are departing now.

There is no IlKhan, only Nova Cats have been tossed out officially by Grand Council. After Falcons, Vipers got tossed out on their ear by the FC, then Jags got smashed by Star League it set off major feeding frenzy in Home Worlds. Cats actually jumped around 3059 after a vision, now hold Tortuga Dominions and member Star League. After the Cats made member of Star League, many other Clans bailed on the Home Worlds.

No council of six. Inner Sphere Clan's are pretty much every man for themselves. GB have observer status in the League right now.

Katherine is sane and First Lord. Wolf just lost Omega Galaxy to Clan WiE when they lost a Trial of Possession.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2020, 00:24:29 »
The Jade Falcons claimed they absorbed the Wolves without an actual vote in canon.  Clans are capable of doing what ever they want in the Inner Sphere without much fear of the Grand Council's oversight.

The Falcons “absorbed” the Wolves because both Clans were so severely weakened by the Refusal War that they feared predation by the other Clans on the Grand Council.  There was no trial — just an agreement by the surviving Crusader Wolf warriors to join the Falcons.  Had the Wolves disagreed, it wouldn’t have happened.  And it was quickly reversed when the one surviving Crusader Wolf who disagreed — Vlad — woke up.

The situation in the AU, as far as I can tell, is different.  The Wolves are in a position of weakness seeking to absorb a stronger Clan, the Yotes.  The Yotes wouldn’t agree — they would fight, both in the Grand Council if AU Vlad made his move politically and on the ground if AU Vlad made his move militarily.  Either way, it doesn’t look good for the Wolves.  Vlad is temperamental, but not stupid.  I don’t think he’d make this move.

The Grand Council have no importantace for the I. S. Clans

That’s not true.  When Tyra Miraborg killed ilKhan Showers, the trueborn among the Spheroid Clans returned to the Homeworlds to elect a new ilKhan.  Operation Revival stalled for a year.  That all happened precisely because of the Grand Council’s importance, not in spite of it.

also Clan Wolf only need the 'Yes' of the Council of Six

Sure, after the insane Wars fo Reaving but still highly unlikely.  Getting six Clans to unanimously agree to let Clan Wolf become more powerful is impossible without some driving threat — like nukes or consorting with bandits — which the AU doesn’t appear to have in the case of the Yotes.

Doy

• Sergeant
  • Clan Snow Wolf
    • Clan Snow Wolf - Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2020, 14:39:47 »
Sure Clan Wolf wouln't absorb Clan Cojote because they are Ally and political they can Strength the each other.
From the point of view from the wolves if they absorb the Cojotes they lose a Khan who can agree them and vote for them this make no sens.

I think a good point with the blood name and a new illKhan, i think the illKhan ship is the major point who have not losed the meaning!

That the Inner Sphere Clans build the Council of Six ist a reaction to the 4 weaker Clans in the Homeworlds, as they have abjured them. With this abjuration they have no foothold in the Grand Council.
But the anjuration dont count because the 6 other Clan Votes are missed. all 6 would vote no and turn the Result!

Speculation:
An attack from the Home Wolrd Clans in future would united the I.S. Clan to absorb or annihilate the H.W. Clans. Maybe than the Cojotes and maybe too the Stone Lions join the I.S. Clans and the Snakes on there own. ( i am not sure of the choice from the Lions / would be interesting ) Clan Ghost Bear have the Streght to beat the Addes and get sure support from the Revans and Sharks. Jade Falcon and Wolf would be a dangerus Alliance Force. By this Way the Scorpion would sure Join them to take Revenge!
But this is all speculation and mind play nothing more

Register