Author Topic: House Arano Sourcebook and Canonicity  (Read 1417 times)

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
House Arano Sourcebook and Canonicity
« on: 12 January 2019, 02:47:44 »
First....apologies. I suspect this question has been asked and likely answered, but I cannot actually locate it if that is the case.

So....the question.
The House Arano Sourcebook is due out in March. I think.

However.....

The existence of House Arano is that it currently doesn't exist. The existing fiction and storyline and relationships in the area of space where it is supposedly based has been built ùp with the presumption that there isn't an interstellar power with significant industrial, commercial and military assets around. The House Arano storyline presented in the kickstarter is also interesting, but also contradictory, both internally and with the existing storyline. Placing the AC in the core game and treating it as it exists in the PC game would seem to require a number of retcons, especially if the plan is to have the AC still exist in the game post 3025.

Now, I'm looking forward to the SB, bit I'd like to clarify.

1. Is it to be retconned in? Allowing for the usual PC-BT adjustments, the PC version is what we get.
2. Is it to be added, but changed so that existing canon is retained? As in, it exists and the game is broadly accurate but chamges have been made to retain the existing canon and lore, such as moving the AC further away from the Inner Sphere so the two continuities don't overlap.
3. While the SB is being written and published, its connection with the canon universe is tenuous at best. That, like the 1st Somerset Strikers SB, the info it presents may represent an in universe TV show or childrens story rather than an existing part of the canon universe
4. Its canonicity has not yet been decided or announced

"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Register