Author Topic: House Arano: The Aurigan Coalition  (Read 2096 times)

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
    • Sarna Unified Cartography Kit
House Arano: The Aurigan Coalition
« on: 22 June 2019, 03:04:39 »
Only El Giza is errata. The rest stands.
Chandan’s name either changed through the years or was incorrectly represented by the map makers. This was intentional, as a nod to inconsistencies in HBS’ internal docs. Regis Roost, in our continuity, had not yet been discovered.

wow thanks for the quick response!

Please clarify, Touring the Stars: Regis Roost [35SN220] p4 states that it was originally settled in 2977. "Discovered by IE" in 3030 (granted, this publication predated House Arano, but given new publication trumps old ones, we can ignore the 3030 date). In p11 of House Arano, Aea, Katinka, Qalzi and Regis Roost are listed among systems opened for annexation negotiations. The three systems (Aea, Qalzi and Katinka) appear in the 3022 map, indicating that negotiations were completed by this time. Either (A) Regis Roost was also annexed during this time, indicating that it should appear on the map, or that (B) it did not, indicating that it should be an independent system within Aurigan space (similar to Tukayyid in 3130 or Wolcott in 3050-3058)

alternatively, the inclusion of Regis Roost in the list could be the errata, but that would conflict the content in-game which could just make Regis Roost's appearance there apocryphal.

Can we get an official ruling on the Chadan/Chaadan/Chandan names whether they are in-universe typos or official name changes? (BTW i hope you don't mind, i added your name in the credits for contributing this clarification to the Sarna Unified Cartography Kit, thanks again!)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: House Arano: The Aurigan Coalition
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2019, 10:57:06 »
Regis Roost should not be mentioned in the book whatsoever. Any mention of it is errata. It was unknown outside of the Taurian Concordat until 3030. What occurs in the HBS game is not relevant. The publication of House Arano does not make the HBS game canon. It canonizes many elements of the HBS game. It does not and can not canonize everything. Regis Roost was not part of the Aurigan Coalition.

At this time, I can’t tell you why Chandan’s name changed. But they are not errata. They are either actual changes to the name or in-universe mistakes, as you already said. We’ll see. 
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

VoltAmpere

• Master Sergeant
    • Sarna Unified Cartography Kit
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2019, 11:19:24 »
Thank you, shall I post in the errata section regarding the removal of Regis Roost from the paragraph in question?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2019, 01:00:42 »
Thank you, shall I post in the errata section regarding the removal of Regis Roost from the paragraph in question?

Yes, please.  Thanks!
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0