Author Topic: Question on BV updates  (Read 1080 times)

DevianID

• Captain
Question on BV updates
« on: 05 January 2024, 23:04:10 »
Howdy.  As someone who loves battle value and playing battletech, there are numerous bits about battle value that have been identified as not matching the formulas used elsewhere, holding back game balance.

How can I get involved in solutions?  I'd love to be involved in some BV errata, as im confident just some tweaks to the numbers will fix most things, but I'm not sure where to go.  I've asked in a few places, but usually BV related changes dont track well on the boards, especially when I start info dumping formulas.

As battletech is growing so well and expanding to the often untouched advanced rules that come standard for the new ilclan units, id love to be solutions oriented getting their battle value in balance.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Question on BV updates
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2024, 22:56:50 »
BV issues are well identified and solutions (at least, perceived solutions) have been worked out.  However, there's issues of timing and infrastructure debt that make implementing changes no easy thing.  Essentially, it's not an issue that requires just another person or two but has to be considered carefully alongside issues of record sheet compendiums, existing websites, and current rulebooks.

Be sure that it's on our mind, but that's about all I can tell you at this time.

In the meantime, if you'd care to link to some threads/posts here in a single reply, that might help down the road.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register