Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)  (Read 325977 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL)
« Reply #1440 on: 03 March 2016, 16:24:54 »
The Caliburn-class Battle-cruiser originally designed by Arvanna and redesigned with custom tech from the AU

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=51459.new#new

Galatea Station

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=45005.msg1036435#msg1036435
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1441 on: 03 March 2016, 16:53:20 »
Nice nod to B5 there DC, guess the Mailed Fist might be frequenting the place when their current contract runs out.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1442 on: 03 March 2016, 21:36:39 »
Interesting twist in your story, Dragon Cat!  O0
Hope your Galatea station don't need get be replaced 5 times and lead interstellar revolution.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1443 on: 03 March 2016, 22:25:25 »
So is that Galatea station 1??

O0 [applause] [cheers] [rockon] [watch]
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #1444 on: 03 March 2016, 23:42:48 »
Love Galatea Station and respect to the actors from the series...

Question:  How is 'Kosh" going to be introduced?

Can't wait for Peter and Andreaus to be introduced  >:D
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 00:36:43 by Taron Storm »

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1445 on: 04 March 2016, 01:22:53 »
Kosh would be a Nova Cat Mystic if I were writing him into this milieu.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1446 on: 06 March 2016, 19:32:24 »
I'm glad you all liked the Galatea Station. 

Rainbow 6 all mercenaries are welcome at the station. 
Wrangler the amount it cost it won't be replaced if I ever decide to blow it up. 
Taron Storm we'll return by this place in the future and we'll see more of the place as time passes I've no intention on abandoning it. 
Sharpnel not a bad idea.

For the Federated Suns fans maybe skip this update as things are not going well...

Volcanic Eruption
Kirklin, Kestrel Combat Region
Crucis March, Federated Suns
4th September 3102

On Kirklin a minor volcanic eruption from the active super-volcano occurs near the capital city of Kooperville the eruption throws thousands of tons of ash into the air darkening parts of the sky and making flight through the atmosphere impossible.  During the eruption two DropShips which had been trying to evacuate members of the civilian population are caught in the erupting ash cloud.  One of the DropShips is forced to make an emergency landing as ash is drawn into its engine intakes causing its upward thrust to be cut below that would allow it to reach a stable orbit.  The other DropShip, an aerodyne type vessel, is thrown into an unrecoverable flat spin the DropShip spun uncontrollably into the Great Peaks of Kirklin a mountain range to the south of the capital city.  In total the two accidents cause six hundred-and-thirty-four deaths.

Military Parade
Robinson City, Robinson
Draconis March, Federated Suns
18th September 3102

Christopher Grant did not know how here was here, opportunity had struck it appeared, as he moved the Warlord BattleMech alone with the other Mechs of the Third Robinson Rangers LCT.  With the First Robinson Rangers off planet the monthly parade through Robinson City had fallen to the the Third Robinson at the last minute a member of that unit had fallen ill and Christopher had been picked to fill the slot.  It was too much of a coincidence Christopher knew what had happened who had arranged for this.  Until now Christopher had done nothing directly to harm the Federated Suns he could still pass everything off as a loyal member of the AFFS but he knew that he wasn’t that man any more.

As the unit filtered past the Sandoval Royal Residence there was a massive explosion up ahead on his sensors Christopher saw the Bounty Hunter’s Marauder and several other Mechs stepping in front of the LCT firing on the Third Robinson.  Due to the tight confines of the city Christopher knew that the Third Robinson would struggle to bring fire on the Bounty Hunter’s Mech but he also knew this attack would spur an evacuation of the Sandoval Residence.  “For those I have wronged forgive me” Christopher said activating his weapons systems immediately he targeted the BattleMaster in front of him with his Mech’s six medium lasers.  At this range it was impossible to miss the six lasers cored through the armour on the back of the Mech melting its gyroscope and engine.  Using the confusion of a Mech attacking them from within to his advantage Christopher leveled his Mech’s two Heavy Particle Cannons on the Sandoval Residence and fired both cannons tore through the front façade of the Residence causing massive damage not pausing Christopher fired again this time a Warden BattleMech stepped in the path of one shot blocking the blow but the second slammed into the building.

Before Christopher could survey the damage he had done several laser blasts slammed into the side of his Mech bringing him back to reality.  The Bounty Hunter’s team were already fading away into the city and Christopher knew that if he was going to make his rendezvous with the Bounty Hunter he’d have to make some decisions.  Twisting his Mech to the right he fired both of his particle cannons into a nearby office building and charged forward into its smashed front.
His eighty ton Warlord smashed into the building even as the other Robinson Mechs began to turn and began firing at him Christopher smashed forward through the building using its smashed remains to provide him with additional protection.  Even for something as large and powerful as an eighty ton BattleMech smashing through a building of any size was not an easy proposition it slowed and did damage to the massive Warlord.  Christopher saw a warning light as one of his medium lasers was damaged by the building but nothing else flashed up as he smashed through the other side into the Robinson City civilian traffic.  Even as he pushed forward into the street crushing civilian vehicles under his Mech’s massive feet Christopher twisted the Warlord’s turret styled torso section and raised the left arm firing another particle cannon blast back into the ruined office building causing further damage and structural collapse.
Pushing forward at his Mech’s maximum speed Christopher fired the occasional shot at the pursuing Robinson Rangers unit but mostly concentrated on his escape.  He knew the Rangers would be deploying across the city to pursue him and pursue the Bounty Hunter’s team but he also knew they’d be looking for the Warlord so Christopher had already made a plan escaping from the Rangers line of sight was the first part so he cut down opposite streets changing direction often intent on losing his opponents each direction change he made was intentional working his way towards the industrial section of the city finally he saw his target.  Slamming through the entry gates Christopher ran the Warlord over towards two massive construction cranes halting beside one of them he hoped that the metal in the crane would hide the Warlord’s signature from the sensors of the pursing Rangers.  Rapidly shutting down the Mech Christopher activated the rear hatch and quickly made his way out of the Warlord grabbing his bag on the way and descending down a chain-link ladder to the ground.  Running across the yard he quickly disappeared into one of the warehouses reaching into his bag he quickly pulled out a set of coveralls and a hard helmet and quickly changed he then calmly walked across the yard completely ignoring the Warlord climbing into a civilian van, hot-wiring it and then driving calmly out of the yard.

Nearly three hours later Christopher arrived at the Bounty Hunter’s Mule-class DropShip hidden in the Robinson Forest an expansive nature reserve to the north of Robinson City.  A single Shadow Hawk BattleMech stood guard waiting and allowed Christopher’s Pit Bull Medium Truck to enter the DropShip’s bay.  He was shown to a waiting area where he parked the truck and and two guards led him through the ship to a set of quarters.  Soon after the DropShip took off from the planet’s surface burning at more than 2G away from Robinson.

In the small quarters Christopher paced backwards and forwards wondering if he’d made the right choice.  After all this time the cloak and dagger meetings did he really know his new employer was she going to pay him as she had promised?  Walking back and forth he continued to wonder when the door opened revealing the Bounty Hunter, Aoife O’Kyan, standing waiting for him.  “About time” he said frustrated waiting for so long “did we get away from Robinson?”

“We are en route towards our JumpShip and we will soon be clear of this system.”

“And where to from there?”  Christopher asked “I am going to be wanted throughout the Federated Suns.  The payment for this job will allow me to start a new life you said I take a shot at Sandoval and I’m done.”

“Is that all you want?”  She asked looking at him Christopher looked confused “there is a shelf-life to being what I am.”  She explained “you can only fight these fights for so long and complete these jobs for a time.  They take a toll on you which is something you should understand.”

“Why should I need to understand this?”

“Because after we make the next series of jumps I wish to turn the position of Bounty Hunter over to you.  When I do my team will disappear as well it is the way of things.”  She explained “I believe that Kafka and her team will remain on board, she has alternative motives for being on board, as may Gunther Dudsen since he’s wanted outside of this DropShip but for all intents and purposes the ship, crew and all the equipment on board will be yours as will my job.”

“And you’ll just disappear?”  He said weighing up the prospect the money from the job on Robinson would have paid for a new life anywhere in the Inner Sphere but this; this job could be a new life all on its own.

“And I’ll just disappear” she said smiling to herself she had long ago set up several alternate identities and had banked money in each state of the Inner Sphere ready for this day.  There were even a few BattleMechs stored for her use should she need the use of one.

“Then I guess I should begin preparing for my new job” Christopher answered the Bounty Hunter accepting the position.  Before they left the system they learned that Tancred Sandoval had been killed in the attack and that his twenty-two year old daughter Elaine Sandoval had been sworn in as the new leader of Robinson and of the Draconis March.

Abandoned NAIS Research Vault
Creos, Ryde
Isle of Skye, Lyran Commonwealth
22nd September 3102

It had taken them three months to dig through the snow and ice that had built up and covered the facility now standing in the main hanger bay Colonel Jarro of the Isle of Skye Military smiled at the sight around him.  Arranged around the room were a dozen Mechs and vehicles equipped with advanced weapons and equipment and twelve pallets of light autocannons, Silver Bullet Gauss Rifles and ammunition for them.  The NAIS had used the hostile environment on Ryde to test their equipment to breaking point.

For nearly fifty years the equipment had laid buried under the snow after the NAIS had abandoned the facility during the break-up of the Federated Commonwealth.  Unknown to the Isle of Skye Military the opening of this vault triggers an automated black box transmitter buried deep inside the facility which sends a message to the NAIS informing of the vault’s opening.

Clan Enclave
Terra Firma, Star League Protectorate
29th September 3102

On the world of Terra Firma inside the walled Clan colony occupied by the Clans Hell’s Horses, Sea Fox and Wolf build a small factory capable of building the Emerald Harrier an Ultra-light BattleMech.  This factory provides nearly seventy jobs to the Clansmen based at the Terra Firma enclave and is being built as a training and patrol Mech as it was used originally when built by Clan Jade Falcon.  The SLDF monitor the situation carefully however as the Mech is not being produced in great numbers they do not stop the Clansmen building the Ultra-light design.  The Sea Fox merchants based in the shadow of the crashed Pillar of Autumn offer the Emerald Harrier produced at the enclave in trade to the SLDF and to mercenary units based in the Star League Protectorate.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
  • Bayonets foreward Boys...CHARGE!!!!!!
« Reply #1447 on: 08 March 2016, 21:09:18 »
You know by now I would think Victor would be tired of his nobles getting knocked off by the Bounty Hunter, or that it likely is Kurita offering the contracts on them since his soldiers don't appear to be able to get things done on the battlefield. Honestly this last mission was a mistake as it wouldn't be hard to figure out who was the inside man and now on the BH's crew, so whether they know he's wearing the suit now or not they're topping the most wanted list in the Suns.

Minor nobles and such is one thing but a loyal March Lord, not something I could see Vic letting slide and it's not like there isn't a fairly easy way to deal with the BH, set up a 3rd party to hire him for a hit and wait for his crew to stick their head into the trap you have already set up.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1448 on: 12 March 2016, 03:27:04 »
Have to agree, there's no way that Victor can just shrug and go "Well put someone else in his/her place." at the loss of some random noble, this is a March Lord not some minor noble so could we see the Fed Suns going after the Bounty Hunter and co.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1449 on: 12 March 2016, 11:51:36 »
Well unless Victor put out the hit himself >:D
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1450 on: 12 March 2016, 15:56:43 »
Well unless Victor put out the hit himself >:D

In which case it'll be a briefing to the heads of MIIO and DMI to put someone on it but its not a priority.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1451 on: 13 March 2016, 09:08:41 »
There's a story behind Christopher Grant, the Bounty Hunter and the AFFS it'll play out over the next while - I've had this planned for quite sometime.

Clan Raid
Tabayama, Tabayama Prefecture
Military District of Midway, Draconis Combine
3rd October 3102

Clan Nova Cat’s Alpha Galaxy raid Tabayama in the Draconis Combine following a vision by unit Mystic Star Colonel Alexi.  During the attack the Mystic Alexi and Galaxy Commander Katherine Nostra are both killed along with almost a full cluster of Nova Cats.  Overall the raid is a failure with the Clan handed a stinging defeat by the Second Genyosha and Second Midway Regulars Regiments.  The only positive from the raid is that Clan Nova Cat is able to debut their newest WarShip a modified Marathon-class Battle-cruiser the Spirit of Destiny which destroys the Inazuma II-class Corvette DCS Sakura.

On their return to Clan Nova Cat territory there is anger within the Clan that a sub-par warrior was able to gain influence in a Nova Cat Galaxy without earning a Bloodname due to the “Mystic experiment.”  Throughout the Nova Cats questions regarding the usefulness of the Mystic Caste are asked which distracts the Nova Cat warriors from other issues currently facing the Clan. 
Khan Canin Rosse allows the warriors of the Clan Council to debate the Mystic Caste issue keeping the most senior of his warriors busy while pushing the Scientific Caste to answer questions about the problems facing their population on New Barcella as civilian casualties continue to rise from an unknown virus.  The Nova Cat scientists admit that they are struggling to answer the Khan’s challenge alone.  Khan Canin Rosse allows the Nova Cat scientists to approach the Scientific Research Station on Tukayyid for assistance while authorizing the Nova Cat warriors trapped on New Barcella behind the quarantine, enforced by the Nova Cat navy, to use their weapons against the population should trouble get out of hand.

Border Battles
Stone Spirit Territory
Periphery
13th October 3102

The Obsidian Lancers Mercenary Command assault the Stone Spirit system of Elba capturing it from the Stone Spirits for the Lyran Commonwealth in a lightning dawn assault spearheaded by their clan-tech equipped units.  The Obsidian Lancers use their superior numbers of armour and infantry forces to push back the Stone Spirits in a series of confrontations.  In line with the Obsidan Lancers assault Clan Mountain Wolf’s newest Clusters the Twenty-first Wolf BattleMech and the Twenty-seventh Wolf Champions are given their combat debut on Main Street as they to push against the Stone Spirits.

These assaults come in response to a series of Stone Spirit raids against the Lyran Commonwealth.  Lyran High Command hopes that by assaulting two of the renegade clansmen’s holdings they will forestall any further attacks.  Clan Mountain Wolf has its own reasons for supporting the Lyrans against the Stone Spirits blooding their newly raised commands.  Khan Evan Kell suggests to the Lyrans that further assaults would send a clearer message to the Stone Spirits, while also allowing them to blood further commands, but the Lyrans are hesitant to bring further strikes from the Stone Spirits.

Trial of Position, Cyclone (Sea Fox ArcShip)
Twycross, Sea Fox Territory
Inner Sphere
28th October 3102

The kick caught Khan Hanna Coston across the side of the face knocking her to the left the paired follow up punches caught the Khan of guard knocking her to the ground.  Evangeline Clarke was more numble than the older Khan and instantly moved for the kill dropping to her knees knocking the air from her lungs she leaned in and grabbed the dazed Khan by the neck twisting rapidly she snapped the Khan’s neck.  Leaning forward she looked the dead woman in the face seeing her dead eyes raising up to her feet Evangeline looked around the stunned crowd surprised at what had taken place.  “I am now Khan of the Sea Fox Clan” she declared looking around at the crowd.

“You will be Khan once the Council determines it” Galaxy Commander Stephen Faulk, leader of the Starstrike Khanate, declared stepping out of the crowd.

“Then assemble the Council” Evangeline demanded

“They are waiting in chambers until you have cleaned up.”  Faulk said his words calming the crowd.

“Why wait let’s go” Evangeline said angrily stepping up from the broken body of Khan Hanna Coston following Faulk through the crowd.  They traveled through the Cyclone without speaking a word making their way onto another gravity deck she stepped into a room and saw the five most senior warriors in Clan Sea Fox other than the Khan and Galaxy Commander Stephen Faulk.  Faulk took his place around the table with the others while Evangeline remained standing.  “What is going on?  I defeated the Khan in a fair battle.  I am a Khanate leader and I have served this Clan all my life there should be no obstacle to my rise to being Khan.”

“Galaxy Commander, you took your issues directly to Hanna Coston ignoring the position of saKhan” Blake Hawker, the saKhan, said “why?”

“I had an issue with the Khan not with you.  I did what any Clan warrior should do if they are unhappy with their leadership.”  Evangeline said bluntly “now will any of you contest my position as Khan?”  She asked challenging them all with a single sentence she expected Stephen Faulk or Blake Hawker to be the ones to speak but none of them spoke.  “Good” she said brushing some sweat clear from her brow she needed a shower and sometime to think but knew that these people would want some answers first.  “It is time we began acting like a Clan.  Our worlds are too spread out too isolated we will rectify this problem over the next few weeks.  We will also see if any of your forces are able to complete the tasks set them.”

“You question the abilities of your fellow Clansmen?”  ovKhan Carlos Vewas, the leader of Predator Khanate, protested angrily raising to his feet.

“I do not know your forces” Evangeline Clarke admitted raising her hand to quell his protest.  “I know that each of your Khanates is capable of trading and fighting for small amounts of equipment but proper organized Clan wide trials I do not know about.”

“What is your plan?”  Brad Hammond asked remaining in his chair.

“Over the next few weeks you will strike at the Hell’s Horses systems of Malibu, Butler, Waldorff, Apolakki and Evciler.”

“The Hell’s Horses may not appreciate that” Loremaster Semi Kalasa said “the Jade Falcons agreed never to come back to this system.  The Hell’s Horses have made no such agreement.”

“Exactly” Evangeline said triumphantly “if there is a threat over this system our people might actually begin to consider their martial training to be as important as the power of their tongue.”  She said briefing the other Khanate leaders “I will be announcing our attentions to Khan Cooper tomorrow morning and will assign your targets then as well.”  She said “Loremaster Kalasa your Khanate, lacking the ground forces for a trial, will travel to Alpheratz and trial for one of the Snow Raven’s Splendid-class Cruisers.”

“We could trade for the craft” Semi Kalasa noted

“Correct but that will not test your forces nor will it send a message to the other Clans that we are a force to be reckoned with.”

“It could bring the Eyre of the other Clans on us ending us” Blake Hawker noted.

“Neg they still need us to produce Harjel our scientists are the best at that and our Clan is the only one that all the Clans know will trade the substance.  If Clan Wolf or Clan Hell’s Horses claimed this system the others would not be amused.”  Evangeline Clarke replied

“It still would help our people who had been killed” Semi Kalasa replied

“That is the Clan way, the Founder’s way; it is time our Clan honoured that.”

Over the coming weeks new Khan Evangeline Clarke announced the Sea Fox’s intention to move against Hell’s Horses targets.  The Sea Foxes were successful in wresting control over  Waldorff and Apolakki failing to capture Malibu, Butler and Evciler.  Semi Kalasa’s forces also failed to capture the Splendid-class Cruiser from the Snow Ravens with Loremaster Semi Kalasa killed in the fighting against the Ravens.  Following another series of trials ovKhan Damien Kalasa becomes Loremaster of the Sea Foxes.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2016, 21:42:07 by Dragon Cat »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1452 on: 13 March 2016, 12:01:58 »
Nice and action packed!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1453 on: 13 March 2016, 12:56:02 »
nice update!  The Clan's showing their Martial Prowess!  As usual the LC being to cautious (inept) to show strength!  More updates please!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1454 on: 13 March 2016, 13:58:42 »
Glad you liked here's the Nova Cat variant of the Marathon-class Battle-cruiser - as noted on the design it's subject to change since Marathon 2 just doesn't look right.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=46134.new#top

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1455 on: 21 March 2016, 09:59:05 »
The Marathon 2 has a new name Vision Seeker my thanks to Abele for suggesting it

My thanks to James Tanaga for the Rim Collection scene

Jade Falcon assaults
Lyran Commonwealth
8th November 3102

Clan Jade Falcon crosses the Lyran Commonwealth border assaulting Atocongo, Timkovichi and Santana.  On Atocongo Clan Mountain Wolf put up a spirited defence losing two full Clusters of warriors fighting the Jade Falcons before the Tenth Mountain Guards Cluster defended against the final assaults of Clan Jade Falcon which allowed dozens of civilians and traders to escape.  The Tenth Mountain lost nearly half its strength in the defence but it was able to destroy the command elements of the Second Falcon Velites and the First Falcon Strike Clusters in the battle which disorganized the remaining Jade Falcons turning the battle into a general melee.  After the Tenth’s escape from Atocongo both Jade Falcon clusters were struck from the Jade Falcon’s rolls by an angry Khan Ruel Chistu.  The battles on Timkovichi and Santana were far more one-sided with both falling to the Jade Falcons within hours of the Clan’s landing on the planet.

At the same time as the Jade Falcon assaults on the Lyran Commonwealth Clan Hell’s Horses struck at the rear areas of Clan Jade Falcon seizing Benfeld and Ballymore.  With the Jade Falcons increasing their territory and the Hell’s Horses increasing the size of their border with the Lyran Commonwealth Khan Evan Kell, of Clan Mountain Wolf, begins to worry about the security of his Clan on Arc Royal and begins to consider an alternate to remaining on the planet.

Federated Suns Embassy
Gilfillan’s Gold, Rim Collection
Periphery
11th November 3102

Matthew Davion sat in the bench as he relaxed in the small park that sat just inside the Federated Suns embassy, watching his daughter Victoria playing with other children in the small playground. He smiled congenially as she stopped and waved at him before returning to playing with the other children. While work may have brought him to the embassy for the day, it allowed him to spend much of the day with his little girl, something that meant more to him then he had thought possible when he first started the relationship with Karen.

“Your daughter seems at home here,” answered the man sitting to his left.

“You sound a bit surprised, sir. After all, she’s half a Davion,” he rebutted with pride as he continued to watch his daughter play.

“And the other half an Able,” Damien Redburn warned, causing Matt to turn and face the Federated Suns ambassador, his nominal superior.

“Still think Karen decided to jump in bed with the SLDF, I take it,” he asked humorously a moment later.

Damien Redburn sighed. “Your ‘Princely Cousin’ as you like to call him would have rather kept the Caliburn-class to only the Rim Collection and the Federated Suns, Matt. Turning her back on her allies like she did forced his hand.”

Matt turned away from his superior. “She received the news earlier, sir,” he commented idly as his eyes caught his daughter’s Rim Watch bodyguards being shadowed by FedSuns personnel, though at a distance. “I had guessed it was her pregnancy hormones talking until the right hook she gave me.”

Redburn shook his head humorously. “The sacrifices we make for the realm, Commodore.”
“But some sacrifices are so much worth it, don’t you think sir?” was Matt’s grin full rebuttal, causing the ambassador to laugh.

“Joking aside,” Matt continued a moment later. “The President was just as shocked as the First Prince was when the SLDF showcased their Caliburns. She thought we had given the SLDF the designs not the other way around.”

“That doesn’t make sense, Matt. How could the SLDF have grabbed your designs without help from the Rim Collection?”

“Hopefully this will be the answer,” Matt informed him as he handed a thick folder to Ambassador Redburn.

Opening the folder up, Redburn glanced through the contents. “SLIC? Is this a joke Matt,” he asked, not believing what he was seeing. Flicking through the pages, the colored photos of two men and a woman stood out.

“No sir. The Rim Collection Security Services arrested them three a week ago. Inside their lodgings, they found evidence of the Caliburn leak. The three will be released to the Star League with a warning in two days,” Matt concluded.

“Any idea how they found out about the Caliburns?” Damien asked, studying the pictures a bit more.

“Rim Collection Intelligence has no idea, but their file on the woman is a bit thicker than the two men. Apparently, she works for the Rim Collection’s Department of Communications. They believe she found out via a stray message from our embassy to the Rim Collection Touman since her position didn’t allow her to study Rim Collection encryption and the three had an old copy of our code book, sir,” Matt speculated.

Redburn flipped through the pages, than settled on one to study further. “This file is pretty deep, judging from the fact they included said code book into it, Commodore,” Damien commented.

“The advantages of being the President’s lover, Mr. Ambassador,” Matt replied humorously. “That and the Collection’s intelligence and investigation services have become downright scary over the past few years.”

Redburn nodded at that. “They returned our own DMI intelligence agents as well. Every six months, they round them up and return them to the embassy, like clockwork.  They don’t ever get them all but the question always hangs over – did they leave the rest for the next round up?”  The Ambassador mused overall the DMI operations in the Rim Collection were very limited and focused on the Mandrills and on gathering intelligence on the Stone Spirits but the Rim Collection’s own Watch was showing itself very effective.

“It’s almost like the Rim Collection Intelligence is using our agents as training. That or a game, sir” Matt said showing his own thoughts mirrored those of Redburn.  “And whenever I broach the topic to Karen, she just smiled and shrugs,” Matt added.

Redburn nodded. “At least they return them to us. Less said about the Lyran agents the better,” he let that matter go, sighing, as he closed the thick folder and put it down beside him.

A few moments passed as they continued to watch Victoria play in front of them. “Any news on if my cousin will be allowing Able Arms to submit a bid to buy Avalon Arms Company?” Matt asked. “Karen is stressed her company has yet to receive permission.”

Redburn nodded thoughtfully. Avalon Arms produced Kruger reconnaissance vehicles for the AFFS and was a highly successful company for its size. A week before the SLDF’s unveiling of its two brand new Caliburn battle-cruisers, the private company had publicly began looking to merge itself with other military contractors roughly its own size or smaller.

“I doubt the First Prince will allow that, Matt.  The Caliburn leak although an SLIC operation still happened on Rim Collection soil and hasn’t gone down too well on New Avalon.” Damien commented back to put it ‘hasn’t gone down too well’ was putting it mildly from what Damien had heard officials on New Avalon were raging at the SLIC actions.  Unfortunately they were too embarrassed and wished to save face to mention it publicly in some ways Damien wondered if a war between the intelligence agencies was inevitable without a real war to distract them.   Both turned to watch Victoria run with to the swings with another girl and her close protection minder, a female Watch bodyguard.

“A long while,” Matt informed the other man nonchalantly. Both men knew the effects of the First Prince not allowing Able Arms a shot at Avalon Arms, though Matt didn’t say anything. Able Arms had only an outside shot of being taken seriously in the bidding anyways they were on the other side of the Inner Sphere and though well funded would not be able to directly control the company instead offering only financial investments. Rim Motors had a better chance until the Caliburn situation had unfolded, yet had decided not to be included in the bidding.

As the female bodyguard began pushing the girls’ swings, Ambassador Redburn continued. “Tell me. I know Rim Motors recently acquired Millennium Industries on Terra. Is the company financially solvent enough to truly acquire Avalon Arms?”  The Rim Collection’s interest in companies beyond its own borders was troubling, Redburn know that they worried about the Stone Spirits and relations with the Lyrans were still not brilliant but the Rim Collection’s ambition was startling.

The question caused Matt to snap his head to face Redburn in record time. “That would mean-,” he was cut off.

“He is open to allowing Rim Motors into the upcoming bidding war. I wouldn’t read too much into it,” Redburn chided the younger man, still watching Victoria and the other girl play on the swings.

It took Matt a moment to process what it meant. “Despite the loss of the Caliburn design, the First Prince would like the Rim Collection to remain as a possible counterweight to the Lyrans and it gives us a platform to watch the Stone Spirit threat which he takes seriously. Publicly welcoming Rim Motors an opportunity to acquire Avalon Arms after dismissing Able Arms, he sends a strong message the alliance with the Collection remains intact,” Matt concluded as he turned his gaze back to the girls.

“Don’t know if the opportunity is only for public consumption myself, but it’s something for Rim Motors to look into,” Redburn advised. “If it’s the real thing….”

Matt nodded. He understood all too well what it meant. “Seems the First Prince is no longer gambling on my children becoming the future rulers of the Rim Collection,” he commented nonchalantly a moment later.

“Blame Karen Able, not him,” Redburn commented back just as nonchalantly.

“Not blaming, just commenting,” Matt answered in kind. “And I don’t judge him. The factions within the Collection are acting like children, save for the Mandrills. Hiberius and Able are in a state of cold war with one another over who should lead, with smaller factions jockeying around and attempting power plays with one another. Stewart and the Trinity worlds are the new kids on the block and still learning the ropes while trying not to step on any one’s shoes. Finmark-Caldarium the troublesome brother attempting to rile the other factions into rescuing Lost from the Lyrans,” he summarized, sighing.

“Intel suggests the First Prince’s refusal to allow Able Arms into the bidding and switching his support to Rim Motors will cause Karen Able to support the Finmark-Caldarium faction into attacking Lost,” the ambassador inquired.

“Not directly, but it will force Karen Able into fully supporting plans which already been set into motion,” Matt answered as he rested his head in his right hand thinking as he watched his daughter run from the swings to the slides. “The militia and resistance forces on Lost are expected to take the planetary HPG any day now. When it happens, Karen will send the Rim Rangers and Forth Rim Lancers CCT’s to Lost as peacekeepers.”

Damien nodded. “And with them in place, hold the planet until a referendum to join the Collection passes. Democracy at its finest,” he bit out.

“Democracy is overrated and outdated,” Matthew rebutted despite the recent announcement in the Free Worlds League about a reformed parliament the Inner Sphere had long regarded the concept as a dead one. “But the illusion of democracy is not. And by supporting the Finmark-Caldarium faction into getting the Lyrans to withdraw from Lost, it will force a détente between the Able and Hiberius factions, for at least a little while.”

“Or a civil war. Your lover supporting the Finmark-Caldarium faction in this way will weaken her position militarily within the Collection,” Redburn reminded him.

“And that is why I said the Mandrills are behaving like adults. Their Khans privately informed both Karen and Hall they don’t care who starts a civil war, but they WILL end it,” Matt countered as he leaned back into the bench the Clan faction did not get involved politically in the Rim Collection they remained within their enclaves and continued to grow in strength.  The recent announcement by the Mandrills that they would intervene in any active conflict had given both sides a pause to consider. “Being forced into backing the Finmark-Caldarium faction actually strengthens her position politically since Karen will be publicly showing she is putting the good of the Collection before the good of her own faction.”

“And why I hope the First Prince allows Rim Motors a real opportunity in the upcoming bidding war. Rim Motors has become a reliably politically neutral and independent party within the Collection. Strengthening its position within the Suns means the company can better act in our nation’s best interests,” the ambassador supplied.

Matthew Davion nodded. His family particularly had an interest in Avalon Arms Company, he well knew and wisely did not disclose to the ambassador. Matt hoped to inherit the said interest to better safeguard his growing position and the future of his children within the Collection he knew that the majority of the production would still go into the AFFS but any technical breakthroughs and at least some production would make its way to the Collection.

“I better leave you with your daughter Commodore,” Ambassador Redburn finally replied, standing up, picking up the thick folder by his side as he did so. “Have a good day with your daughter and make sure to give Intel a report on the Collection’s planned operation on Lost by thirteen hundred hours tomorrow.”

“Yes sir,” Matt replied as he stood and saluted the aging general, who returned in kind before leaving him to watch his daughter finish playing in the playground.

The very next day, the Federated Suns Ministry of Commerce and Trade publicly unveils a list of companies given permission to be included in the upcoming bidding war for Avalon Arms Company. The short list of fifteen companies for the most part is restrained to companies already operating within the Federated Suns, though does include three Lyran and two Star League companies, as well as the surprising entrant of Rim Motors, not the expected Able Arms, of the Rim Collection. When queried about why, the minister only replies that Rim Motors is now the more trusted of the two Rim Collection companies.

Planetary Assault
Royal, Matsuida Prefecture
Midway District of Midway, Draconis Combine
16th November 3102

Driven by anger at the assassination of Duke Tarncred Sandoval, and that they were not there, the First Robinson Rangers RCT launch an unprovoked assault on the system of Royal.  The Ryuken-Ni Brigade of the DCMS who were defending the system out manuver the AFFS troops with the assistance of the Getting There Faster Mercenary Armour Battalion and Coulier’s Cossacks Mech Battalion.  Within hours of their landing on Royal the First Robinson Rangers find themselves surrounded inside the City of Banchory.  On the fourth day of the siege Tai-sa Pierrette Van Rumpade, the commander of the Ryuken-Ni, calls for a cease fire with the Robinson Rangers to allow the civilian population to leave the city.

Civil Disturbance
Lost, Inarcs Theatre
Coventry Province, Lyran Commonwealth
17th November 3102

In an intense firefight, Lost militia and resistance members hidden in a crowd of civilian protestors storm the planetary HPG and call for the freedom of Lost and aid from the Rim Collection.  The Lyran authorities, backed by the Obsidian Lancers mercenary regiment, violently retake the facility six hours later, killing forty-three and wounding over a hundred and fifty protestors and resistance members while during the recapture.  News of this bloody disturbance quickly spreads around the world’s small population leading to further disturbances.

Deep strike
Sarna, Sian Commonality
Capellan Confederation
22nd November 3102

Following a DMI Intelligence report that St Ives had been copied into Duchess Jaylen Davion leads two combined-arms Battalions with aerospace fighter support in a raid on the system of Sarna believing that her husband Duke Tristan Allard-Liao was being held in a military prison on the planet.  For three hours the St Ives Lancers fought and defeated a small contingent of the First Capellan Defence Force securing the prison.  Jaylen’s forces remained on Sarna for a further two days searching the prison facility and its attached annexes unfortunately not finding Tristan the Lancers evacuated Sarna before further Capellan units arrived in the area their mission an unfortunate failure.  On their return from Sarna Jaylen Davion received a reprimand from her father First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion on her behaviour.  While publicly Jaylen acknowledged her father’s message and agreed to refrain from further actions privately Jaylen had already begun to plan her next mission in search of Tristan.  As news of Jaylen’s plans leaked out her dedication to this cause had won the hearts and minds of St Ives and the population was fully behind her.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 14:08:18 by Dragon Cat »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #1456 on: 21 March 2016, 20:42:57 »
Loving where you are going with this.

I love the work you are doing and continue to be a fan.  Looking forward to using some of your ideas to add some character to my AU. I'll let you know in a PM when I've figured out what I want to use and ask for permission.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1457 on: 22 March 2016, 09:01:39 »
Feel free to use anything you wish

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1458 on: 22 March 2016, 18:58:18 »
Thank you very much.

Also if there is anything in the Project LEGION that you like just let me know.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1459 on: 24 March 2016, 16:40:39 »
Time to end 3102

Peacekeeping Mission
Lost, Inarcs Theatre
Coventry Province, Lyran Commonwealth
1st December 3102

With continued problems on the world of Lost the Rim Collection military act as Matthew Davion had predicted the Rim Rangers and Fourth Rim Lancers CCT’s jump into the system and surprises the defenders, quickly forcing themselves onto the planet’s surface they link up with resistance and militia forces. Using heavy support from aerospace, armor, and power armor assets and fighting unlike other Clan forces, using stealth and concentrated fire the Rim Collection forces maul smaller Obsidian Lancers Mercenary detachments and force the larger ones back into their fire-base. Uncharacteristically, the Rim Collection forces do not push the attack and instead they allow the mercenaries to remain active as long as they avoid the Rim Collection units.

Meanwhile, Karen Able publicly acknowledges the attack on Lost, stating the objective is merely peacekeeping in nature to stop further over reactions from the Lyran hired mercenaries and the Lyran Commonwealth loyal militia unit she invites the Lyran Archon and the SLDF to assist in peacekeeping efforts on Lost while calling for a referendum to take place in a year’s time.  Although angry at the presence of the Rim Collection troops on Lost Archon Jessica Steiner does not wish to see another open conflict between the Commonwealth and the Rim Collection and grudgingly accepts the agreement she selects the still rebuilding Fifth Alliance Guards and the Fourteenth Lyran Regulars RCT’s to deploy to Lost in the following weeks to work with the Rim Collection forces. Both sides wisely choose to keep their warships at home to keep the tense situation from developing further.  As the house troops deploy on the planet the Lyran Commonwealth recall the Obsidian Lancers from Lost in an attempt to lower the tension which also allows the Lancers to heal some of their wounds.

Supervolcanic Eruption
Kirklin, Kestrel Combat Region
9th December 3102

A supervolcanic eruption occurs on Kirklin after months of minor eruptions.  The initial blast almost completely destroys the capital city of Kooperville killing nearly a quarter million people, including the planetary Duke, and destroys the primary spaceport.  Atmospheric ash causes thrown out by the eruption causes three DropShips to crash on take off.  Within hours of the initial eruption all communication with the planet completely fails as the atmosphere thickens with the ash.  With more than three quarters of a million people still on the planet the AFFS continue to attempt to land on the planet for more than a month with mixed success, of four rescue missions only one is successful evacuating nearly six hundred civilians, despite these failures the AFFS continue to attempt to land on the planet but after three months, with ash levels continuing to rise and surface temperatures always below zero, High Command calls off further attempts abandoning hope of rescuing more people from the planet.  The AFFS place four Class 14 Watcher Sats in orbit around the planet to listen for any transmissions from the planet from survivors who had survived the eruption and freezing temperatures underground.

Tour
Gallery, Halfway Province
Lyran Commonwealth
19th December 3102

It felt wrong walking across the windswept plains of Gallery while their borders were under attack with Clan Hell’s Horses landing on the world of Pandora but here was where Khan Evan Kell, of the Mountain Wolves, and Archon Jessica Steiner, of the Lyran Commonwealth, needed to be for the future of Clan Mountain Wolf and very possibly the Lyran Commonwealth.  “It is desolate” Evan Kell said looking at Jessica Steiner.

“Yes it is, continuous high winds and storms, but in all the centuries of the Lyran Commonwealth Gallery has been attacked once and even then it was a complete failure.”  The Archon replied looking the young Khan he was a very attractive man and if Jessica had not met her husband she could have imagined chasing the Mountain Wolf leader’s affection.  “This planet’s atmosphere, the storms and a network of underground tunnels make attacking this planet very difficult due to the poor weather not many wish to make their homes here so there is plenty of space for what you want.”

“My Mountain Wolf engineers will build the facility in secret I will give you three locations where we may be so any local construction remains clear of us.”  He said bargaining with her it was very possible this construction would safe his Clan in the future should Arc Royal fall.

“That shouldn’t be a problem Gallery is a personal holding of my family I will ensure that no-one strays near your Repository and the Commonwealth’s payment?”  She said she wished to help save the Mountain Wolves but her Commonwealth needed something of substance from them.

“I will have our engineers begin construction of the Pouncer OmniMech line for your use we will help you build it wherever you wish with all production primarily going to the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces.” Evan promised it was a tough loss an entire production line, the Mountain Wolves could have used, but having a repository further from the front-lines would safeguard his Clan’s future.  “Meanwhile my Clusters are stepping up their efforts to retake Cumbres and Summit system and strengthening our defences around Arc Royal.”

Hall of the Clans, Great Hall
Andrey, Tukayyid
Clan Space, Inner Sphere
28th December 3102

Following the death of Loremaster of the Clans Zane Carns on Tukayyid during a Mech test, in what could only be described as a freak accident where one leg of the Mech buckled under the weight smashing the cockpit killing the MechWarrior a new Loremaster had been selected.  With none of the Clan Loremasters interested in the position a traditional Grand Melee was called by the Grand Council now following that augmented battle only one warrior remained Star Colonel Miguel Icaza of Clan Jade Falcon.  The hulking Elemental had proven to be too strong and too agile for the best of all the other Clans including warriors from the Hell’s Horses and Ghost Bears who prided themselves on having the best Elemental Corps.  Now as the Loremaster of the Clans Icaza promised the assembled Warriors of the Ebon Guard Galaxy, Tukayyid’s primary defenders, that they would participate more in Clan affairs in the future and would not purely be restricted to defending Tukayyid and its factories from Clan Trials.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2016, 18:19:39 by Dragon Cat »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1461 on: 24 March 2016, 18:06:56 »
Having a production line for Pouncers for the Lyrans, that is a good rebuilding strategy.
Nicely negotiated.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1462 on: 26 March 2016, 20:44:14 »
Into 3103

Royal meeting, O’Brian family residence
York, Alarion Province
Lyran Commonwealth
5th January 3103

Sitting at his pinewood table Duke Eobard O’Brian the leader of York looked at the leaders of Loxley and Lancaster.  “Our worlds have been linked for centuries” he said glancing at the two leaders “all of our peoples though separated by light-years of space were founded by the same people and have always maintained a good relationship.”  He began “however recently we’ve all suffered losses to raiders and the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus” he continued Duke Ross McEwen nodded his agreement Loxley had suffered a defection of a lance of Mechs from their militia force.  The resulting firefight had cost nearly one hundred lives and millions of C-Bills of damage.  Lancaster had lost nearly a company of their militia force to a pirate force.  “The LCAF have done everything they can to help defend our planets but they are overstretched with border conflicts.”

“We cannot afford enough mercenary cover for all of our planets and even if we could once their contracts are up we’d back back in the same position again.”  Duchess Sara MacLean of Lancaster said she was the youngest of the three having inherited leadership from her father only a couple of years ago.

“Then we don’t rely on mercenaries.”  O’Brian said handing them each a ring binder folder.  Both Duke and Duchess began to read Ross McEwen was the first to stop.

“What is this?”  He asked not accusing but obviously concerned.

“Between our three systems we control two JumpShips, one in my family and one in the service of the MacEwen family; between the Lyran militia forces on each of our planets we have approximately six combined arms regments.  Over the next three years I propose that we each add a regiment each to these units, infantry, armour, aerospace or Mech we buy what we can get and add them, then we cross train them, say a battalion at a time rotated through each of our worlds training against each other and learning each world’s terrain.”

“Units which are owned and financed by the Lyran State” Sara MacLean pointed out “we cannot just take command of these units.”

“In terms of crisis rulers of each planetary system within the Lyran Commonwealth may take all efforts to protect their home system.”  O’Brian said quoting the Lyran Commonwealth leader’s playbook “House Steiner trusts us to watch over these systems.  We are making every effort to defend our planets.”

“To defend their home system” Ross McEwen quoted “we are talking about seizing LCAF assets and augmenting them with our own the Archon could consider this to be our own personal army.”

“What benefit would it be for us to mix our commands?”  Sara MacLean asked

“After the first three years we will have approximately nine combined arms regiments.  I propose we break them into LCT sized units that will be easier to be transported on our JumpShips and.  Between nine regiments we should have four or five separate commands which we can deploy.  One each will be deployed on each of our worlds while the fourth, and fifth if we’re able, will rotate between those three worlds is we say every six months?”  Eobard asked

“Moving between York and Lancaster would be easy enough but it would Loxley exposed.  A single LCT may not be enough to hold up an enemy force.”  Ross McEwen argued York and Lancaster were within a jump of each other while Loxley was far further away in the Coventry Province meaning his world may be exposed.

“Which is why I would like to propose a second phase to this operation” Eobard said it was written in the folders he had given them but saying it out loud would probably have the greatest effect “between us and over the next ten years we purchase an additional three JumpShips to be shared between our worlds.  Civilian and military could use them it would increase our tourism and increase our trading power in the heart of the Commonwealth.”  He saw their shocked looks JumpShips were a lot more popular now than they were in the past but still they were massively expensive to operate and crew.  “We could then have one of the JumpShips waiting on standby between our systems and Loxley at all times without affecting our trade basically our own command circuit.”

“If the Archon knew we were doing this she’d have our heads” Sara MacLean said

“All we’re doing is talking, for the benefit of the Commonwealth and its citizens” Eobard O’Brian countered “if we agree to this I will send our idea to the Archon informing her of our plans if High Command has any objections then I’m sure we’ll hear of it.  Because the personnel and equipment will technically belong to the LCAF I don’t think we will have many problems.  The JumpShips should we proceed with our second phase would increase Commonwealth internal transport between systems increasing trade I can’t see a drawback.”  Eobard O’Brian noted.

“What if command tries to relocate them?  We will have given them a line unit that is the equivalent to a full RCT it will be very tempting for them to use the command.”  Ross pointed out what they were doing had been done before with militia and garrison units clubbed together to form new commands.  Something similar was happening in the Federated Suns as they tried to rebuild many of their battered commands after many conflicts taking companies and battalions from militia units and expanding them into full regiments to support larger combat formations.

“The High Command won’t like our units because they are based on a Federated Suns concept.  If we really wanted to distastes them we could deploy our units as Combat Commands from the Ceti Hussars instead which would really get up their nose.”  Eobard said smiling at the thought of it even if High Command did want their units all of the equipment would still be of militia grade it would be pointless putting them in a proper combat situation.  Pirate hunting was one thing fighting a war was another.  “I will also propose to the Archon that someone from one of our worlds oversees these units and ensures they remain linked to our homes.”

“You then” Ross McEwen said it wasn’t a question instead a matter of fact.

“I retired from being a warrior a long time ago” Eobard said not mentioning he did still have his Zeus in his personal hanger three levels below them and that he was still certified on the Mech.  “I will suggest that us three oversee them initially and then eventually an officer from these commands talks operational control.  Obviously if they needed to fight then a proper LCAF commander would need to be in command but we can support them and keep them in shape.”

“I like it” Sara MacLean finally said “it will bring our three worlds closer together than ever.  It will honour our founders and it will give our people something to focus on.”

“I too agree in principle however should it become financially enviable or we are defended no better than before then I will reserve the right to withdraw Loxley from this enterprise.”

“Of course, but you won’t because it will work” Duke Eobard O’Brian said smiling confident that they were taking steps in the right direction.

As confidence boomed on York confidence too was high in the Korbin’s Kommandos camp as the mercenaries under contract with the Lyran Intelligence Command engaged and destroyed almost two full battalions worth of Brotherhood of Cincinntus followers on Inarcs.  Working on intelligence gained by the LIC the Kommandos had set up two days before the Brotherhood even arrived.  As their Mechs moved on the Inarcs militia troops Korbin’s Kommandos Infantry Strike Company had hit the Brotherhood units from behind aiming specifically at several command and support vehicles.  At least one Mobile HQ vehicle had been destroyed in the fighting along with the Brotherhood’s operational commander.  With the LIC already feeding the Kommandos with a new set of target locations the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus’ rebellion against the LCAF was faltering rapidly.

Break-out
Royal, Matsuida Prefecture
Midway District of Midway, Draconis Combine
12th January 3103

In response to the First Robinson Rangers RCT being surrounded on Royal the Draconis March commanders deploy the unit’s sister regiment the Second Robinson Rangers RCT along with the WarShip FSS Pegasus to the system.  The FSS Pegasus ranges ahead of the Second Robinson Rangers destroying the Ryuken-ni’s aerospace forces and four Pocket WarShips with concentrated fire of naval particle cannon fire, naval lasers and capital missiles.  When the Second Robinson Rangers arrived in orbit and began their landings on the planet the AFFS dominated the skies over the ground battle this allowed the Robinson Rangers unit to land unmolested.

With support in the skies the Second Robinson Rangers moved quickly against the DCMS forces smashing into their right flank with enough firepower to immediately crush an entire Battalion of the Ryuken-ni and create a safe zone which the surviving First Robinson Rangers are able to use to evacuate.  The commander of the Second Robinson Rangers Major-General Coran Matteo does not push the attack against the DCMS unit instead he orders his troops to maintain positions rebuffing the Ryuken-ni’s attacks.  With full aerospace support the Second are able to hold position for nearly four hours as the First evacuates their wounded and then fall back to their DropShips.  After sustaining hours of air strikes the Ryuken-ni allow the Robinson Rangers to evacuate the planet with little further combat.

Nova Cat Evacuation
Avalon City, New Avalon
20th January 3103

An orbital camera turned slowly from New Avalon onto what looked like an armada of ships most obvious was the Hanse Davion II, a First Prince Block II-class Battleship, the large red and black hull flew alongside another two large vessels which were painted in a dark blue with lighter highlights.  Below them the Congress Block II-class Frigate FSS Nathan Duvall shadowed the formation while all around there were at least a dozen DropShips some painted in the red of House Davion while others were painted in dark blue.  “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Austyn Warren of Federated Suns News, what you are seeing is not an invasion force against New Avalon instead this is a Nova Cat transport force here to remove all traces of the Clan from New Avalon.  The agreement made by First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion which placed Nova Cat military forces on this planet and an Embassy in the city of Glasgow that agreement has finally been rescinded by the First Prince and now the AFFS is escorting the Nova Cat transport ships to begin the evacuation.  The Clan forces have agreed to leave without any further problems accepting the First Prince’s offer for what the Nova Cat Ambassador described as ‘Hegira’, which is the Clan word for an honourable retreat, he went onto say that Clan Nova Cats continued to hold not hostile intent against the Federated Suns.”  He said pausing for a moment as the ships passed by the camera “reports from the Periphery border and from sources within the Filtvelt Coalition appear to refute this with one report suggesting that the Clan recently seized Lackland within the Filtvelt Coalition.  The battle which reports suggest resulted in the destruction of two full regiments of Filtvelt’s defenders.”  He said on the screen the Nova Cat WarShips were assuming a high orbit over New Avalon while DropShips were nearing the atmosphere.

The camera suddenly cut to the studio showing Austyn Warren, he was in his early thirties, and looked like he should be in a military unit instead of on the national news, standing in a commercial studio beside his beautiful blonde co-host. “In other news” she said as the screen to their left changed showing a picture of Fredrick Davion dressed in his AFFS dress uniform. “The First Prince’s second born son Fredrick Davion has become a father with the birth of his daughter Elizabeth on Argyle.  Fredrick’s wife Duchess Nikki Davion is reported as doing well while Fredrick is reportedly taking a few days away from his command to spend with his new daughter.”
« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 20:49:23 by Dragon Cat »

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1463 on: 26 March 2016, 20:54:57 »
Hmm.... the start to a new year!  Interesting so far!

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1464 on: 26 March 2016, 22:20:24 »
I like it.

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1465 on: 26 March 2016, 22:54:53 »
Yuu have to love the nerve of the Nova Kitties saying they mean o ill will as they keep poking at the Suns with a stick, I'm just waiting for Victor to decide they need to be smacked on the snout with the proverbial news paper.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1466 on: 27 March 2016, 06:05:11 »
An excellent start to the new year, great stuff as always DC :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1467 on: 27 March 2016, 21:34:25 »
Nova Cats used to be big movers and shakers in the story.  Seems little quiet so far.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1468 on: 27 March 2016, 22:07:49 »
Hmm, mildly surprised by the FedSuns response to the Nova Cats, the Filtvelt Coalition seceded from the Suns - them proceeding to be taken over by the Cats really doesn't have much to do with the FedSuns anymore.  Also border raids by any clan have to be expected, regardless of a seeming friendship between the clan and anyone else - besides, the Cats don't have all that much to test their warriors against - the Taurians and Ravens are the nearest others, and they are still quite a ways away from the Cat's Den.

Arvanna

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1469 on: 28 March 2016, 07:30:42 »
Hmm, mildly surprised by the FedSuns response to the Nova Cats, the Filtvelt Coalition seceded from the Suns - them proceeding to be taken over by the Cats really doesn't have much to do with the FedSuns anymore.  Also border raids by any clan have to be expected, regardless of a seeming friendship between the clan and anyone else - besides, the Cats don't have all that much to test their warriors against - the Taurians and Ravens are the nearest others, and they are still quite a ways away from the Cat's Den.

I do believe they've hit a few Sun's worlds, one of them a live fire test of their newest warship.