Author Topic: IWM at Gen Con 2017  (Read 30435 times)

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
Re: IWM at Gen Con 2017
« Reply #90 on: 17 August 2017, 05:43:54 »
I just contacted my gamestory and they said that they have no prices for the Wolverine. Anything on that?

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
« Reply #91 on: 17 August 2017, 06:20:48 »
I just contacted my gamestory and they said that they have no prices for the Wolverine. Anything on that?

It was fan financed, which means it is a web only release, which will be for sale after gencon.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #92 on: 17 August 2017, 23:02:48 »

It is $13.50 at the IWM booth at GC!   O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #93 on: 17 August 2017, 23:41:46 »
Yup, my friend picked up two . . . now its time to make a Wolverine 7M for my 4th Regulan Hussars.  The pictures of the minis in the case he provided were nice looks.  I want to see the Marauder my friend picks up to judge how it looks next to the -9S.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: 19 August 2017, 00:47:13 »
In case it gets lost in the thread in the general forum, I did get some pics of the display case at IWMs booth. Not the best quality camera work, but I think you can at least see all the new stuff assembled. The album has some other BT stuff in there as well, but the IWM stuff is pretty obvious. Here is a link to the pics:

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ApDHaN8p702HggEGRapqSdSGz30Y

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #95 on: 20 August 2017, 20:36:06 »
I can't thank you enough for these pics.

Thanks!
"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #96 on: 21 August 2017, 16:48:23 »
In case it gets lost in the thread in the general forum, I did get some pics of the display case at IWMs booth. Not the best quality camera work, but I think you can at least see all the new stuff assembled. The album has some other BT stuff in there as well, but the IWM stuff is pretty obvious. Here is a link to the pics:

Hui! With name tags. Neat.
EDIT: OMG! Is this what I think it is?! Are these the mechs for the new starter box?! Battlemaster? Thunderbolt? YES?! Please say yes!
« Last Edit: 21 August 2017, 16:53:27 by Domi1981 »

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #97 on: 21 August 2017, 16:50:12 »

Thanks for the pics sadlerbw!
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #98 on: 21 August 2017, 20:43:10 »
Really looking forward to the box set, I want it for the catapult alone!! Hopefully It will show up in a lance set for Alpha Strike.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #99 on: 21 August 2017, 22:09:01 »
I don't remember hearing about any new lance packs in the video that was posted... did anyone ask about it at GenCon?

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #100 on: 22 August 2017, 15:36:58 »
Yes, those are some of the mechs for the new starterbox and 'game of armored combat' box. There was no mention of new lance packs (or star packs) from anyone I talked to. They are not the absolute final versions, but pretty darn close.

Glad I could get some pictures out there for the folks who aren't able to get to GenCon.

I did NOT get a picture of the marik-painted plasic Thunderbolt mini though. I think they got Dave Fanjoy to paint it at the con, and put it in the case on Saturday. I did see it though, and it was pretty. I still really like IWM's primitive Thud sculpt, but this new plastic one is also a great sculpt.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #101 on: 22 August 2017, 16:11:34 »
Yeah.. need to get around to ordering some. Can't wait to see those 6 classics in metal as well as plastic. If we are lucky maybe we can see the other 12 by then as well. At least we can hope everything is settled by then.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #102 on: 22 August 2017, 20:54:46 »
So I just got my pair of Wolverines delivered into my hands . . . and I am having flashbacks to TROPP stuff.  Lots of small bits and some places where the metal is REALLY thin.  I thought we were over the little tiny flaps of metal for metal's sake.  Hopefully its just that one, but I am also going to have to examine the picture as I put it together. 
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #103 on: 23 August 2017, 06:01:42 »
So I just got my pair of Wolverines delivered into my hands . . . and I am having flashbacks to TROPP stuff.  Lots of small bits and some places where the metal is REALLY thin.  I thought we were over the little tiny flaps of metal for metal's sake.  Hopefully its just that one, but I am also going to have to examine the picture as I put it together.

Maybe I should finally start selling German glue in America ::) ;)

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: 23 August 2017, 06:24:58 »

You are referring to the primitive wolverine?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #105 on: 23 August 2017, 08:06:26 »
Yes
Colt Ward

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #106 on: 23 August 2017, 11:18:38 »
Lots of small bits and some places where the metal is REALLY thin.  I thought we were over the little tiny flaps of metal for metal's sake.

Review the fan funding thread for the Primitive Wolverine, there's a sort of assembly diagram there. There's also an explanation (and apology) for the higher than average part count. The thin spots were a learning experience (it's my first mini). Hope you'll still be pleased when it's finished. :)

The thread:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56565.30

Dak

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #107 on: 23 August 2017, 13:00:10 »
Review the fan funding thread for the Primitive Wolverine, there's a sort of assembly diagram there. There's also an explanation (and apology) for the higher than average part count. The thin spots were a learning experience (it's my first mini). Hope you'll still be pleased when it's finished. :)

The thread:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56565.30

Dak

Both new Wolverine minis are mechs I will buy both. Usually its that I want a mech but the primitive version just looks better so I use it as proxy. Not in this case, bot Wolvs look awesome. And please continue to offer us as many small parts as you like.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #108 on: 23 August 2017, 13:02:16 »
Yeah, you knocked the Primitive Wolverine outta the park, Dak!! Looking forward to scoring a few copies. 8)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #109 on: 23 August 2017, 13:22:43 »
Well, I am not sure if it was sculpt or production, because thin spots were leg connections and where the slot was for hip panels.  Not enthused for the notepads, but I will check against the other is I bought.

One detail I noticed was the legs were rather locked in against hip piece?
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #110 on: 24 August 2017, 23:49:09 »
To visually compare the Wolverines-
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58510.0

Dak, while I may have commented on the thinness of the metal- I have not opened the other- and part count, I can say that it looks real nice next to the old Unseen -6R.  The dimensions are almost spot on for each comparable portion, legs MIGHT be a bit thicker but that is better than the stick figure it was in TRO PP.

So as the 3D modeler . . . I am wanting to make my 2nd WVR a -7M . . . I have 4 extra arms from a MAD-4X that I made -9M2 and a -2R, so it has double laser barrels for the 2 ERLL.  I am thinking of just cutting off the shoulder to elbow portion for the weapon and a MWDA SRM6 pack to make it look a bit different visually.  What might you sub for the 2 ERLL on that right arm?
Colt Ward

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #111 on: 25 August 2017, 11:48:26 »
So is the Orion available for purchase?

The Archer as well?

Not seeing them listed on the site so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #112 on: 25 August 2017, 11:51:22 »
So is the Orion available for purchase?

The Archer as well?

Not seeing them listed on the site so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

They will be up soon. My weekend project.

Dak

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #113 on: 25 August 2017, 13:01:36 »
Thanks, Colt. And for all scaling kudos, direct those to Stinger. He's my scaling helper!

Dak

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #114 on: 28 August 2017, 18:46:12 »
I did NOT get a picture of the marik-painted plasic Thunderbolt mini though. I think they got Dave Fanjoy to paint it at the con, and put it in the case on Saturday. I did see it though, and it was pretty. I still really like IWM's primitive Thud sculpt, but this new plastic one is also a great sculpt.

Do you mean THIS beauty, that was indeed painted by Mr. Fanjoy.    8)

I tried to convince Brent on Sunday afternoon that they didn't need to bother taking the ugly thing home with them from the Con and that I'd be happy to take it off their hands, but he wouldn't listen to me.  The big meanie.   :'(

;D

And NO I don't really think it's "ugly", by ANY means.

To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #115 on: 28 August 2017, 18:51:09 »
I got these pics of the T-Bolt before he finished it.   8)

I've got a few close-ups, but without using the flash, so they're a bit darker.  Because of that, I figured these would be better to post.   :-\

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #116 on: 28 August 2017, 19:13:16 »
Can't wait to see that on the store and on the local store shelf ;D

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #117 on: 29 August 2017, 13:22:01 »
Can't wait to see that on the store and on the local store shelf ;D

Battletech at a FLGS??? Not anymore in Detroit.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #118 on: 29 August 2017, 13:24:22 »

Battletech at a FLGS??? Not anymore in Detroit.

Amen to that...

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #119 on: 30 August 2017, 08:29:57 »
Forgive that question but does that mean that we won´t see the Battlemaster and Thud till the end of the HG trials? I just wonder because all I know of is that the Marauder, Locust and Archer were in their legal claim. Haven´t seen anything about the Battlemaster and Thunderbolt.

Register