Author Topic: "Enforcer" Small VTOL SRCS Battle Armor Support System  (Read 3980 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
"Enforcer" Small VTOL SRCS Battle Armor Support System
« on: 21 September 2016, 20:05:04 »
I mentioned this in another thread and got a PM asking for it's stats, so here they are. It is made for a group I made up, that I haven't shared the fiction of, so I am leaving out it's fluff, because it really wouldn't make a lot of sense without it. I'll eventually edit it, down the road, when I get around to sharing the fluff for the whole faction.

Type: "Enforcer" Drone
Chassis Type: VTOL (small)
Mass: 750 Kg
Equipment Rating: E/X-X-F/E

Equipment
Chassis/Control(Tech Level E): 154 kg (Armored, Omni)
Engine/Trans(Tech Level E): Electric (Fuel Cell) 17 kg
Cruise MP: 3
Flank MP: 5
Fuel: 2000 kilometers, 5 kg
Armor (BAR 10): 6 points Ferro Lamellor (498 kg)
     Rotor-2
     Everywhere Else-1
Advanced Fire Control 2 kg

Weapons and Ammo: 54 kg Pod Space, 4 slots
Nose-2 Mauser 1200 LSS (22 kg) w/ 12 clips (4 kg) TM pg 350 OR aToW pg 267
Nose-2 Grenade Launcher (10 kg), 4 Clips of ammo (40 grenades) (18kg) TM pg 351 OR aToW pg 273

Crew: 0
Cargo: 0

Notes: equipped with Smart Robotic Control System

Designed to to accompany battle armored troops into battle, the Enforcer drone is a tiny, slow moving VTOL, with an armored shell that renders it all but immune to small arms fire thanks to it's BAR 10 and the properties of Ferro-Lamellor armor.
It's low speed was chosen to match battle armor speeds, since it was intended to accompany those squads, I felt saving the weight would be more useful than a faster engine; and though speed could improve the design, I feel satisfied with it's low speed.

It's designed as an omni so it's weapons can be configured differently. The Mauser 1200 LSS was chosen because I was imagining this strafing infantry, and partly because I needed to use up weight. The Grenades Launchers, and the compact grenade launchers on the Mauser 1200 LSS, are there both as an AoE weapon and as a utility, for smoke munitions (or anything else you can load into them). If I had had more space I would have also put a Searchlight on it as well, but the ferro-lamellor armor used enough space that I couldn't... it is worth it though.

Designed with a combination of "battle armor sized drone" and "make a nasty fight for some A Time of War players" in mind, in my experience it functions wonderfully for it's purpose.

I have never gotten around to calculating it's c-bill cost, or it's battle value, but in a mech fight, I am not so sure it is worth much at all, so /shrug. Approximately 4 mech scale damage, at infantry ranges, and being destroyed by 3-4 or more damage, at slow speeds. Still, I am fairly certain if you matched weight with a swarm of these versus a mech, it would probably be painful for the mech, but most AoE will eat them alive.

The part of the design that amuses me the most: the Mauser 1200 has vibroblades, so this silly thing can even just stab you.

Col Toda

• Captain
Re: "Enforcer" Small VTOL SRCS Battle Armor Support System
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2016, 10:07:35 »
Nice but The Armor type even in the Dark Ages is Clan exclusive . And fighting side by side with robots just goes against everything the Clans stand for . However seeing them scratch built for the Solaris VII games or even some of them with enough connections with the Clans to aquire enough armor for a group of mercenaries to have a squad or 2 of them may be doable . Depending on ERA the source of the armor Clan Jade Falcon becomes anywhere between Scarce ; Rare ; or just not available at all . The fact that the unit uses so little of it makes me think I might actually see these at some point once or twice in a career .
« Last Edit: 22 September 2016, 10:09:43 by Col Toda »

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2016, 12:50:35 »
You would probably be safe just assuming anything I have designed doesn't actually care about canon much at all, unless specified that it is meant to fit in canon.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2016, 16:36:28 »
You would probably be safe just assuming anything I have designed doesn't actually care about canon much at all, unless specified that it is meant to fit in canon.
The Society might be a good fit for this unit.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2016, 17:00:26 »
The Society might be a good fit for this unit.

I will admit that The Society, The Word of Blake, and the Capellans are my three favorite canon factions.

My players tell me that is the real reason I am the GM and not a normal player lol.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2016, 17:33:18 »
It would be quite a nasty encounter these things and regular BA in some secret facility

When I first saw it I thought it was a remake of Redwing from Captain America Civil Ear
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2016, 17:50:43 »
It would be quite a nasty encounter these things and regular BA in some secret facility

When I first saw it I thought it was a remake of Redwing from Captain America Civil Ear
It was inspired partly by VTOL drones from terminator for what I imagine it looks like (scaled down smaller though), and partly by the gun drones used by the tau empire in warhammer 40k for much of it's functionality. Though the options for ordnance loads in battletech make it quite a bit more useful than the tau gun drones in my opinion, which were limited to flash grenades.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2016, 09:47:53 »
This little guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhlWmZwQQSE

As to favorite faction, you might want to add Draconis Combine.  A nice dictator type leader, and if someone screws up they are simply blamed as 'excessive effort by a subordinate, not the Dragon's policies'.

Register