Author Topic: MekHQ Repairing Aerospace assets  (Read 1216 times)

Komurov

• Recruit
MekHQ Repairing Aerospace assets
« on: 11 May 2018, 04:07:20 »
I'm not able to repair ASF units that are damaged during an ATB campaign. Could anyone explain why this might be? I'm confused about it.

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Re: MekHQ Repairing Aerospace assets
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2018, 04:19:49 »
You do have AeroTechs in your tech pool, don't you?

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2018, 09:55:28 »
It definitely works; I repair my damaged ASFs regularly.  Be aware that it takes close to forever to repair internal systems such as Sensors, Targeting, Landing Gear, and Life Support, as in around 10+ full days at the base repair rate, and a lot longer if using extra time.  Even armor repairs take something like 3x or 4x the amount of time as it would for a 'Mech or vehicle.

....and it does require an AeroTech, not a MechTech or Mechanic.  Note that dropships, jumpships, and warships require CREW who can be assigned to repair their own ship.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2018, 15:16:47 »
Also make sure you have enough astechs as well. Did you try to repair before but can't now? Failed repair rolls will lead to the inability to do further repairs unless by a higher level tech. There is also an option to damage/destroy parts when a rolls fails as well so if the part is destroyed your only option is to replace it.