Author Topic: Turning Points: Foster  (Read 2770 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Turning Points: Foster
« on: 08 July 2022, 11:22:12 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with Turning Points: Foster.

Product Link: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/collections/battletech/products/battletech-turning-points-foster

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Turning Points: Foster
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2022, 14:34:55 »
PDF Release

Record Sheets: Night Chanter A

Problem: tech level is advanced
Fix: change tech level to standard

the A-Pod common date on the IO tables is for the IS. they were solidly standard by 2872 for the clans

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

VincentDegrassa

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2022, 07:54:02 »
 * VERSION: PDF Release
    * THE ERROR: The center torso armor (Front and rear) are different for both versions.
    * THE CORRECTION: If this is a true Omnimech (based on the MUL), then the armor should be the same on both versions
Jim Topa
Don Degrassa, The Godfather of Battletech
"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day accept this Mech as gift on my daughter's first tournament"

Proud Member of the Vortex of Suck Merc unit
--Keeper of those in debt and head of J'mes Jokers

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2022, 08:15:29 »
* VERSION: PDF Release
    * THE ERROR: The center torso armor (Front and rear) are different for both versions.
    * THE CORRECTION: If this is a true Omnimech (based on the MUL), then the armor should be the same on both versions

Correct distribution for the Night Chanter is 5 rear torso armor, 22 front torso armor.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2023, 12:02:52 »
PDF Release, page 10 or page 19

PROBLEM: Kindraa Smythe-Jewel won OmniMech technology in 2864 vs. 2865

Kindraa Smythe-Jewel's Trial of Possession of OmniMech technology from Clan Coyote in part by surprising the Coyotes with the size of their bid. "The Coyotes faced the first organizational change in 2864." (page 10)
vs.
"Night Chanters were first used against Smythe-Jewel forces during their trial for Omni technology." (page 19)
The Night Chanter, being the first and most common of the Pueblo Initiative OmniMechs, debuted two years after (page 19) Clan Jade Falcon won the technology in 2863 (FM:CC, p. 91, FM:WC, p. 41), meaning the Night Chanter must have been introduced in 2865.
MUL introduction for the Night Chanter is 2865.

SOLUTION: The easiest solution is to change the date for the alluded OmniMech Trial on page 10 to early 2865.

ALTERNATIVE: (Disclaimer: this alternative solution does not make sense.) There is no issue because the passage on page 10 is referring to a different Trial, not the Trial that won Kindraa Smythe-Jewel OmniMech technology from Clan Coyote. However, multiple references said the Coyotes lost to the Smythe-Jewels in part because they were surprised (and angered) by the Smythe-Jewel's deceptive bid (FM:CC, p. 39, FM:WC, pp. 41-42). It seems unlikely and very unreasonable the Smythe-Jewels would have surprised the Coyotes twice by under-reporting the size of their Trinaries.
« Last Edit: 14 February 2023, 14:41:53 by S.gage »
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

BoyOfSummer

• Master Sergeant
  • I'll either find a way or make one.
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2023, 11:24:40 »
I would also call a period from - for example - January 2864 to December 2865 two years.

And then the years are correct.

If money could talk, it would say goodbye.

S.gage

• Lieutenant
  • The Nova Cat is a subtle hunter.
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2023, 22:33:26 »
I would also call a period from - for example - January 2864 to December 2865 two years.

And then the years are correct.

You could make assumption for the first conflict, and simply add "almost" or "nearly" to page 19. However, this does not reconcile the second conflict, and you would have to change the MUL. The Night Chanter is introduced in 2865, not 2864.
That is why page 10 is the easier fix.
"WHO PUT 6 ARMOR ON THE RIFLEMAN'S HEAD?!?" - Peter S., while marking damage from a PPC, 1994.
"Ich bin Jadefalke!!!! Ich bin MechKrieger!!!!" - German students on their field trip to Leipzig, 1998.
Until the next Clan Invasion or Jihad, Clan Schrödinger's Cat is and is not Annihilated. :)
Early Clan Refit BattleMechs, Novel Clan Golden Century BattleMechs, Early Clan Refit Combat Vehicles, 1st & 2nd Generation Clan OmniMechs.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2023, 22:34:41 »
please no discussion in errata threads.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register