Author Topic: (Answered) Vehicle ammo explosions and one-shot weapons  (Read 1825 times)

A. Lurker

• Major
By TW p. 194, an "Ammunition" critical hit on a combat vehicle causes all ammunition carried to explode and/or be lost. Is that intended to also apply to the ammunition of one-shot weapons such as rocket launchers (which is normally treated as part of the -- generally still non-explosive -- weapon rather than a separate item by the rules otherwise)? A literal reading would suggest so...
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 00:00:36 by Xotl »

Chunga

• Patron Saint of Team Davion
  • Freelance Writer
  • Captain
  • <3
Re: Vehicle ammo explosions and one-shot weapons
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2012, 11:07:36 »
No. We've ruled before that OS weapons technically don't have ammunition. On a BattleMech, OS weapons cannot explode from Heat, and if they're critted they do not explode either. It would be the same on vehicles.
"Don't think 'cos I understand, I care." - Sneakerpimps
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I wasn't there.  If I was there, I was sleeping.  If I wasn't sleeping, I didn't hear or see anything.
Money has never been a problem for Davion. "Why waste money on social services when you can spend it on weapons instead?" - aldous

A. Lurker

• Major
Re: Vehicle ammo explosions and one-shot weapons
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2012, 11:49:47 »
Good to know. MegaMek does as of this writing include rocket launcher ammunition and the like in its handling of vehicle ammo explosions, and before I turned in a bug report or maybe even tried my own hand at fixing that behavior I wanted to be sure I wasn't simply misunderstanding the rules myself.

Thanks!