Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: AKU-* Akuma  (Read 25635 times)

Wildonion

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm just a few onions short of a patch.
Re: 'Mech of the Week: AKU-* Akuma
« Reply #60 on: 04 March 2016, 18:48:27 »
Holy necromancy, Batman! Thought this article looked familiar.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #61 on: 04 March 2016, 19:25:33 »
However, why is the AKU-2XC labeled "Experimental"? It uses nothing too extreme, having AECM and C3BSS - other units having them are labeled as Advanced. May need a revision. I may have missed that in my evaluation of C3 Alpha Strike units because of the Experimental tag.

As explained by nckestrel on another board, units are labelled "Standard", "Advanced", or "Experimental" based on what their level was when they were introduced.  The MUL is not (currently?) able to display different rules levels based on eras.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #62 on: 05 March 2016, 13:32:07 »
Holy necromancy, Batman! Thought this article looked familiar.

I was wondering why something I wrote popped up suddenly since I haven't written a 'Mech of the Week article in, uh, forever?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 17 September 2020, 18:05:44 »
RotS gets an Akuma? Sweet, I finally have an excuse to actually keep my mini! Don't normally play Kurita, but these things are gorgeous! [drool]

By the way, you forgot the Coolant Pod mounted on the -2XC. :) It won't need it under most circumstances, but the ability to let rip even once with a full alpha stike and stay frosty should not be underestimated. Could also be handy for fighting your way out of an ambush that uses lots of plasma or infernos.

I building up a smoke jaguar huntress garrison force and now I have an excuse to get this model!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 07 October 2020, 19:17:44 »
I love the mech! There are tons of Mods I have done to it. I wish there was a C3 Master model. Great Article as always!

Do you have Picts you can show? I want to add an Akuma to my huntress solahma garrison force so I need mod ideas

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #65 on: 12 October 2020, 07:59:05 »
Do you have Picts you can show? I want to add an Akuma to my huntress solahma garrison force so I need mod ideas

Would Gaels work instead?
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #66 on: 12 October 2020, 12:05:59 »
Would there been an Akuma on Huntress in service of the Clan?  The Mech premiered in 3058, so the thing have been out for 2 years prior to Huntress. It does leave slimmer of chance being on Huntress, but i doubts are sky high on how something that's suppose to be elite mech some how end up being trucked for year on the Exodus Road to Hunteress in time for Task Force Serpent to appear.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #67 on: 12 October 2020, 12:30:53 »
It's theoretically possible.  Highly unlikely, but Battletech is full of mechs showing up in highly unlikely places.

And a brand new model featuring a new weapon system (MRMs) would be something that would get flagged as a priority for research.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: 12 October 2020, 14:08:02 »
It's theoretically possible.  Highly unlikely, but Battletech is full of mechs showing up in highly unlikely places.

And a brand new model featuring a new weapon system (MRMs) would be something that would get flagged as a priority for research.

Which is how the garrison commander wrote up his “delivery “ of said mechs

Register