Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week - Cygnus  (Read 11076 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
'Mech of the Week - Cygnus
« on: 25 November 2016, 12:08:53 »
The Cygnus.

With a name that it shares with a constellation-with said constellation in turn being named after a Swan-one might imagine the Cygnus to be a graceful unit, like its namesake.

It's not.

Developed near the closing of the Jihad, the Cygnus is a 95-ton Clan Assault Battlemech. And it does not take the term "Assault" lightly. Produced by the unlikely bedfellows of Clan Wolf-In-Exile and Clan Hell's Horses, this machine was developed to fill holes in both Clan's Toumans, due to significant losses in material for both sides. Interestingly, this battlemech shares a development history with the Hellstar; Due to being operationally similar in terms of movement profile, tonnage, and even internals, the two machines work well together. More on that later.

The standard variation on the Cygnus, produced circa 3075, is built upon an Endo-Steel structure and powered to the speed of 64 kmph by a 380 XLFE; These traits remain the same for all Cygnus variations, with the only variations on all models being armament, heat sinks, and armor.

The baseline model mounts a decent 280 pounts of armor, with durable front and rear armoring, capable of taking two Clanspec ER Medium Lasers to the rear in all torsos and still have untouched internal structure. The front, as usual, suffers slightly from this, but not to an intolerable degree-it's still a 95-ton battlemech, after all. 15 DHS cool the close-combat focused loadout, consisting of four Medium Pulse Lasers-two per side torso-, and twin arm-mounted Ultra AC/10s, with six total tons of ammo feeding them. This setup is backed up by a targeting computer, reinforcing the already accurate Pulse Laser fire and making the Ultras that much more accurate, except for when one double taps.

The Cygnus 2 proudly channels the power of the Dire Wolf D, mounting twin Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles in the 40 class, fed by eight tons of ammo each. Four ER Medium lasers replace the Medium Pulses of the original. However, to mount the massive primary weapons, this battlemech loses four DHS and the targeting computer of the original-but happily retains the armor. A simple and satisfying-if highly expensive BV-wise-configuration.

The third and final 3075 configuration, the Cygnus 3, is a seriously confusing machine. Built for the true HAGR-20 enthusiast, the Cygnus 3 mounts four(!) HAGR-20s, one in each arm, and one in each side torso. To do this, it goes to the base ten heat sinks, and loses sixteen points of armor, meaning it is unable to take the same punishment as the standard. That said, it's a dakka-fied machine. Four chances for massive amounts of 5-point sandblasts? If you pull off a full alpha, chances are whatever you shot at will be feeling it, and likely confused and angry at the gale-forced wind of HAGR fire. The visual image is... Entertaining, to say the least.

Jumping ahead 15 years, the Cygnus 4 hits the scene like a ton of really, really angry bricks. Gone is any semblance of range or tact; It is replaced with a staggering loadout of two LB-20X Autocannons, one per arm, supported by eight tons of ammo, meaning you'd be crazy not to give this thing cluster munitions. For backup weaponry, a battery of four Heavy Medium Lasers reside in a 2x2 setup in the side torsos, alongside the token twin ER Medium Lasers. For what seems to be an afterthought, twin ER Small Lasers were added to the CT. What's more, the Cygnus 4 mounts the maximum armor possible on a 95-ton frame, with the majority on the front. Fifteen total DHS, a throwback to the original, poorly attempt to keep this machine cool. What's more, the Cygnus 4 costs literally one point more on the BV2 scale compaired to the Cygnus 3, meaning in a 3090+ game, the choices between these two models always boils down to "What do I need more?".

What do you do when you have a Cygnus? You push. A lot. The Cygnus is a nasty unit in any semi-mobile 3070+ assault lance or star, having just enough speed to keep up with the favored heavies of the era and a lot of the other hard-hitting 4/6 assaults at the same time. While mobility is certainly not all the Cygnus has going for it, the Standard and 4 are both hampered by a (Relatively) close-range armament, with obvious ramifications, but that just means you have to single some poor sod out and mug him in a dark alley. The 2 and 3 can get away with firing at range, but near-or-complete ammo dependence hampers the effectiveness of both units. While the Cygnus is certainly a terror in the short-term trials loved by Clans, possessing a highly alarming rate of damage, it does work exceedingly well with its sister design, the Hellstar.

As both 'mechs evidently share a large number of components as well as an operational history, the Hellstar and Cygnus were produced by the same methods; Cooperation between two Clans in a very sour spot, the Exiled Wolves and the Hell's Horses. With the Hellstar backing up the Cygnus with accurate long-range fire while the Cygnus advances on the hopefully pinned down prey, the two assaults can compliment one another's roles quite well. While said cooperation does not happen in the lore to my knowledge, it is still an option, albiet a dezgra one; But with the Falcons using melee weapons, and Hellstars whacking Blakists with arm-guns, who cares that much about dishonorable combat against... Anything, anymore?

What do you do when you see a Cygnus? I'd recommend using speedy units on the 2 and 3, which have limited close-range options-you won't outrange a HAGR with much. However, for the standard and 4, long range is the unit's bane. A 4 is nearly completely useless in an open field, aside from being a "No-fly" zone for anything without ferro-lamellor. Not to mention, the firepower of the 4 and Standard will atomize any light foolish enough to stand in front of them. For these, simple, overwhelming firepower will be needed, preferably in the form of ranged fire or Artillery.

You'll likely only see a Cygnus in the hands of Clan Hell's Horses or Clan Wolf-In-Exile, but stores of them are likely present in limited numbers for other factions. (I actually lack any books that would tell me what RATs this battlemech is on, so if anyone can fill me in on that, I would appreciate it).

The final one is the squishy green non-Battletech version of a Cygnus 3. Just so everyone knows.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2016, 14:12:28 by Caedis_Animus »

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
Re: 'Mech of the Week - Cygnus
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2016, 12:36:29 »
Heh, the last image is oddly fitting.
Informative article!
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2016, 14:04:22 »
Excellent stuff :) A great write up, infomative, amusing and well written :) Thank you :) I didn't know there was quite so many variants of the Cygnus.  And that quad HAG-20 sounds terrifying.  How much Dakka you ask? ALL OF IT!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2016, 16:22:27 »
One of the Clan second-line (if defined as "standard BattleMech") i like.

Its MechWarrior Dark Age origins are pretty clear. Very simple armament (since MWDA 'Mechs usually sported two different attack types at most). External ammo feeds and massive rotary-cannons are typical MWDA aesthetics. Can't really say no to those looks.

A good machine really, though there is some overlap with Hellstar in function. On the other hand, they complement each other well. Now we just need a Clan missile armed 95-ton XLFE with 4/6 speed brawler to deal cluster hits...

The 2 is OK, could use more ammo but it is adequate with careful target selection and/or good gunner. Doesn't quite fit the original's looks due use of Gauss weapons but whatever.

The 3 is stupid. It has worse overall firepower than the 2, it has worse ammo endurance and has something explosive in just about every hit location. And worse armor. The only good thing is its low-ish BV compared to the 2 but i'd rather pick something else.

The 4... I don't get what it adds to the line-up. It loses range, it loses accuracy, has heat problems, has too much ammo (due to difficulties of getting into range) Sure, it makes a great urban combat machine but... I'm not impressed.

The 'Mech would be a good carrier for Clan RAC/5s. A shame that hasn't been done... Eh, i'll make a workshop thread soonish.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2016, 16:23:43 »
To be honest, I thought that the Cygnus 3 was pretty pointless compared to the Cygnus 2- you get the same ranged firepower, plus you get more armor and secondary weapons.

One thing that I notice about the Cygnus is that it's something of a return to the chunky brick-mech asthetic that 3050 used for the Daishi and Masakari which hasn't been followed too closely with most other Clan assault mechs.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2016, 16:47:22 »
Funny enough, its TRO entry does mention the aesthetics of both the Warhawk and Dire Wolf, but cites the Annihilator as being the true inspiration. Among them, I can't really think of any as being the inspiration. It actually looks kinda like a chunkier Talos (From the MW4 Mechpacks).

As for the 4, it's very situational. It's important to remember that not all units will bring range to the table, and it more than makes up for it for serious "mess your day up in one salvo" firepower if you manage to close. 4/6 on a ninety-five tonner is still really good for the weight. And the 3 is... Questionably there. Probably great for AA, though. Maybe.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2016, 16:49:49 »
LB-20X sucks for AA. Range is too important though that is not to say damage doesn't matter. The HAG models are superb AA platforms though, between the range and flak-bonus, plus they deal good damage too.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2016, 16:53:19 »
Sorry, that second sentence got a little messed up. I wasn't saying the LBX was good or bad at AA, I was saying the 3 was good at it.

I'm not sure why I put it like that. My point is, the 4 plays (Or should be played) exclusively to its strengths. After all-the damn thing can chase a LOT of units that carry far less firepower but move at the same speed, and grind them to dust in short order. I'd still rather take a 4 than a 3 almost any day unless I'm going against a lot of airborne targets, or to an open field.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2016, 16:55:27 by Caedis_Animus »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 25 November 2016, 17:01:41 »
Sure, the 4 is better than the 3 but i'd really prefer the standard or something else for that BV. The 2's good but so expensive...

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2016, 19:54:22 »
One of my first DA minis enjoyable Mech and I'll echo the earlier comment I'm surprised there is not a Rotary AC, standard Gauss or ATM variant I say ATM because that speed and armour the HE munitions would be murder
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2016, 20:36:52 »
There are two more variants to note- neither of which is in a book, but come from the Dark Age game. One appears to be similar to the Cyg-2, with the HAGs replaced by Ultra AC-20s. If you're not sure how to use such a design, welcome to Battletech for what must be the first time. Obviously it's going to suffer at fighting at anything beyond point-blank ranges, but in a congested battlefield this is just wrong. (Note: Using this as a hidden unit in a city is grounds for being dragged out in the parking lot of the game store you're playing at. Tell them Hellbie sent you.) The info for this comes from the Northwind Highlanders' Cygnus.

The other is a little less clear. Jacob Bannson's personal ride never got a stat card (by the time it came out Wizkids had stopped putting those cards out), but we can make some solid guesses. The left arm appears similar to the Gauss rifles on other models, while twin big energy weapons are parked in the other arm (heavy large lasers would be fun). The main body and legs are unchanged (as standard for Wizkids, they only gave it new arms), so the four lasers in the torso are still on the sculpt. For those keeping score, that means that even if we assume the biggest energy weapons in the game on that right arm, there's some serious missing weight here, which can be made up for nicely by bumping the engine up a notch to 4/6. Hard to really say what the stats are on this beast, but based on the extrapolation it comes out fun, like an AS-7K without the missiles.

One more thing- the Cyg-3 sucks compared to the 2 in most scenarios, I don't think there's much way to disagree with that. However, with the HAG's bonuses against flying units, the 3's four attacks can end up being dead-sexy. Nothing tells a bomb-laden flyboy to stay the hell away like a waddling Shilka and all its chances to cause loss of control. Good times. The loss of armor still sucks, but as a way to keep an LZ or field base safe from aircraft it's hard to out-work a Cyg-3.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2016, 20:42:11 »
The engine's already 4/6. Swapping it to a SFE might be possible. Or maybe adding jump jets? EDIT Nah, XLFE it must be. Gonna post my creation to the Workshop...
« Last Edit: 25 November 2016, 20:44:51 by Empyrus »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2016, 20:45:22 »
It been nice to have a Ultra AC/20 version. I always thought there should have been a variant with one.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #13 on: 26 November 2016, 00:41:25 »
IMO the looks for the Cygnus came from being a larger version of the Legionnaire.  A lot of it looks quite similar.

Which Cygnus did the Dragoon have?

I have wanted to try one of these but so far there has been no chance to see them on my side or on the opposing side.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2016, 00:50:02 »
There are two more variants to note- neither of which is in a book, but come from the Dark Age game. One appears to be similar to the Cyg-2, with the HAGs replaced by Ultra AC-20s. If you're not sure how to use such a design, welcome to Battletech for what must be the first time. Obviously it's going to suffer at fighting at anything beyond point-blank ranges, but in a congested battlefield this is just wrong. (Note: Using this as a hidden unit in a city is grounds for being dragged out in the parking lot of the game store you're playing at. Tell them Hellbie sent you.) The info for this comes from the Northwind Highlanders' Cygnus.

The other is a little less clear. Jacob Bannson's personal ride never got a stat card (by the time it came out Wizkids had stopped putting those cards out), but we can make some solid guesses. The left arm appears similar to the Gauss rifles on other models, while twin big energy weapons are parked in the other arm (heavy large lasers would be fun). The main body and legs are unchanged (as standard for Wizkids, they only gave it new arms), so the four lasers in the torso are still on the sculpt. For those keeping score, that means that even if we assume the biggest energy weapons in the game on that right arm, there's some serious missing weight here, which can be made up for nicely by bumping the engine up a notch to 4/6. Hard to really say what the stats are on this beast, but based on the extrapolation it comes out fun, like an AS-7K without the missiles.
I can honestly say I was unaware of the other Dark Age variants.

Fragger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 26 November 2016, 02:49:13 »
I like to play with the standard variant but it does need to get to 12 hexes.

Still waiting for an official recor sheet for bannson's machine.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 26 November 2016, 03:28:12 »
I'd say that the 3's not that useless. She's a far better flak gun and sure whilst she does technically less damage, you get more shots. Miss with one HAG-40 and that's it for that gun, hit with two HAG-20's and you're still doing damage.  And i'd take one just because getting 4 HAG-20's firing at you would be intimidating, and the sheer amount of BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT!! makes it worth it.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 26 November 2016, 06:18:37 »
As far as naming goes, I believe the connection is with Jupiter (the Mech); Jupiter (the god) turned himself into a swan (cygnus in Latin) in order to escape the eyes of his wife and hook up with chicks.

Generally the variants are... okay. Fairly standard stuff, not flashy but... it gets the job done. The Jupe 3's firepower is inferior to the Jupe 2, but in protection it only loses what, 1 ton of armour overall? That's not a problem. I'd give this to a good pilot, actually, and assign him to split fire as a sweeper. It might be considered a response to small conventional vehicle swarm tactics.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 26 November 2016, 07:28:56 »
The Cygnus comes across as pretty nice, but its luster can be a bit tarnished. I mean, the original variant can just keep going and going and going...until those UACs jam, and then you're in trouble. 3 tons of ammo per gun sounds good "Hey, if you double tap, you've got 15 rounds of shooting, that's considered a good standard," but its possible you're going to jam well before that, and if you're really unlucky, you might jam both. Its going to beat up your enemies before that, but it can go wrong quickly.

The 2 is nice to show off the possibilities of the HAG40's, and it does that well, but it also shows the limitations, since you're packing 8 tons of ammo, and still only getting 12 shots per HAG40. The backup ERMLs are nice of course, but its possible that when your ammo is gone, you're still going have some fighting to do.

The 3 has the same issue as the 2. Yay, HAG20s, and lots of them, but 6 tons of ammo still only nets you 9 shots per gun. On the plus side, for those 9 rounds, you're probably going to hit with something,so watch those lawn dart rolls come in as you defend a landing site. Just don't stick around for long.

The 4 is pretty nice. Unfortunately it packed to the brim with items, so even if you wanted to save some weight by cutting down on the (potentially) excessive 8 tons of ammo, you're pretty SOL.

So yeah. Its a beat stick at times, just...a quirky one.

Actually, I can't help but wonder if the Hellstar's armament is directly related to Cygnus issues, ICly. I mean, 4 years of "my guns jammed, and I had all this space ammo," or "I ran out of ammo way too early," could easily influence the builders of the Hellstar to go "You know, lets just skip ammo completely this time around."

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #19 on: 26 November 2016, 07:52:39 »
Which Cygnus did the Dragoon have?
The standard with the UAC10s

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: 26 November 2016, 11:06:00 »
I view the 4 as having enough ammo for a long, dirty, protracted city brawl. Given how most things it'd encounter will be dead in short order, I believe the concept would be to ambush targets, turn them to swiss, and then move on.

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 26 November 2016, 11:18:13 »
Given the relationship between the Cygnus and the Hellstar, what would you guys consider a "typical" Assault Star for each of the Clans involved in the development that had only those two designs?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #22 on: 26 November 2016, 14:09:05 »
I could have sworn there was Cygnus with Ultra AC/20s.  I guess they fell off the canon with CGL.  I'm not fan of the HAGs.  Not that I'm against it, but now their gone?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 26 November 2016, 14:33:02 »
I did not know the Cygnus existed.  The Standard is literally everything I have ever wanted or needed in an Assault 'Mech, so I will take a full Star please and thank you.  I have always thought the big headcapping weapons are gimmicky, and that I'd rather have some solid holepunchers and good damage dealers.  Taking care of things like Light 'Mechs and vehicles doesn't generally require 15 point hits until you get to the bigger ones, and the improved damage potentials will win out eventually barring lucky hits.

I generally hate relying on lucky hits (which seems a bit odd with my love of Ultras), so the ability of the Ultra to put out multiple big hits that add up quickly is all kinds of my shit.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 26 November 2016, 16:02:38 »
Given the relationship between the Cygnus and the Hellstar, what would you guys consider a "typical" Assault Star for each of the Clans involved in the development that had only those two designs?

Hmm if I had to choose to make a star of only Ciggies and Hellcheese..

3 Cygnus
2 Hellstar

WIE - 2 x Cygnus Prime 1 x HAG variant (your choice) 2 x Hellstar Prime
MLP - 2 x HAG, 1 x Prime Cygnus, 1 x Hellstar Prime, 1 x Hellstar 3

I think to use any more Hellcheese than 2 in a Star is perfectly good grounds for your opponent to throw a chair or your dog/cat at you.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2016, 16:09:34 by marauder648 »

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 26 November 2016, 16:20:09 »
I think to use any more Hellcheese than 2 in a Star is perfectly good grounds for your opponent to throw a chair or your dog/cat at you.

That's a weird way to spell "infantry".
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2016, 16:29:35 »
If a Hellstar plods into range of infantry then its pilot deserves what happens. 

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 26 November 2016, 16:54:42 »
The Hell's Horses have a perfect escort for the Hellstar in form of Buraq...
Or, well, perfect and perfect but good enough and fits the Dark Age style very well.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2016, 17:02:25 »
If a Hellstar plods into range of infantry then its pilot deserves what happens.

Infantry can have range up to 21 hexes with support weapons from the TechManual, up to 25 hexes with field guns from TacOps, and move up to 5 hexes per turn depending on the kind of infantry and before considering any approach from multiple directions.  And also ignoring fast, cheap transports that can jack up TMMs ridiculously high, or even just flood the field with dirt cheap units that a Hellstar can't reliably destroy before it is swarmed.

Suggesting that the Hellstar pilot can control all of those things anywhere other than a featureless salt flat is (and not even then) is... questionable.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #29 on: 26 November 2016, 19:19:03 »
It's like the Atlas and the swarm of lights

The Atlas will kill droves of them before it dies but eventually it will go down
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2016, 15:09:03 »
I could have sworn there was Cygnus with Ultra AC/20s.  I guess they fell off the canon with CGL.  I'm not fan of the HAGs.  Not that I'm against it, but now their gone?
There was. See JadeHellbringer's posting. But it doesnt look like it ever got an official record sheet, sadly.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #31 on: 28 November 2016, 15:18:44 »
There was. See JadeHellbringer's posting. But it doesnt look like it ever got an official record sheet, sadly.

Pretty simple change though. Drop MPLs to ERMLs, gain four tons of weight to play with, invest into autocannons to boost from 10s to 20s, laugh maniacally at fleeing enemy.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Register