Author Topic: Hey, Scenario Makers  (Read 614 times)

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
Hey, Scenario Makers
« on: 01 October 2018, 10:09:07 »
Hello reader

I'm running a BattleTech role-play and wanted to crowd source ideas for how to handle a scenario.

As a little background, the players will be in a bar in a seedy area of a planet that has a thriving black-market and salvaging trade, being there to meet with a contact.

The scenario is going to have a vigilante with a low-tech Thunderbolt calling the players out of the bar with the intention to take one of them as a prisoner... Or so he says. I know that the players will try to get away.

I was thinking of having some militia that happens to be nearby engaging the Thunderbolt to give the players a chance to get away, because they need to, but I wanted the encounter to be a bit more than just than them getting to a truck three hexes away and calling it a day.

Do any of you individuals have ideas on what kind of hazards might be between them and their vehicle? Also, do you have ideas on how I could handle a militia vehicle or two engaging the T-Bolt and make it engaging for the players? Thank you all in advance.

Gigastrike

• Master Sergeant
Re: Hey, Scenario Makers
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2018, 10:30:21 »
Could you have the militia think that your players are with the mechwarrior, and turn it into a 3-way fight?  I feel like that solves both your problems.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Hey, Scenario Makers
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2018, 11:19:14 »
Militia wants to arrest everyone- mech(warrior) and PCs, alles verboten society, for general suspicion
PCs are not getting away in truck, instead they have to dodge down the road to get to a tram/subway station- and deal with the guards who see them running up
City PCs are in is a Venice rip off- PCs must cross bridges, hop across anchored boats, and TBolt gets slowed down b/c of being in water
Bar is a dive in a burned out part of the city from the latest raid- 1SW era wrecked factories- not much traffic and what is present is not able to be hired/taken, time to hide
Bar is a biker gang hang out- gang decides whatever mechwarrior wants with group might be profitable for them, militia gets involved & bikers try to kidnap PCs
Bar is on Solaris VII and the SCPD show up to detain mech- all cars flee at sight of two mechs squared off, take cover!
Bar is on Manassas before Manassas Run (see Touring the Stars PDF), TBolt pilot makes generic announcement to detain and then everyone else's weapons come out
     On Manassas, this Runner dive has high security vehicles- no jacking- and PCs must convince a Runner to drive them away while militia/NAIS enforcers respond to TBolt
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register