Author Topic: (Answered) Distracting quirk and Clan warriors  (Read 2657 times)

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
(Answered) Distracting quirk and Clan warriors
« on: 15 November 2018, 06:44:28 »
A quick and simple question:

Are Clan warriors immune to the Distracting quirk?

Cheers, Gabe
« Last Edit: 15 November 2018, 13:36:28 by Xotl »
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Distracting quirk and Clan warriors
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2018, 13:36:21 »
No.  It's a silly quirk, but the suffering gets spread around equally.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
Re: (Answered) Distracting quirk and Clan warriors
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2018, 07:27:55 »
I had thought that their training, combined with their more limited cultural window, would make them more focused on the battlefield and less likely to pause and go "Hey, that 'Mech looks like a...!" but if you say otherwise...

Cheers, Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Answered) Distracting quirk and Clan warriors
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2018, 01:28:20 »
The quirk doesn't make sense for any hardened warrior, Clan or not (or even one that isn't hardened: who cares what the Arbiter looks like?).  But we're stuck with the rules we have in this regard.  I would delete it altogether if I could.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register