Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn  (Read 136077 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Clan Blood Spirit: Get Off Our Lawn
« Reply #210 on: 28 October 2019, 22:53:51 »
Here's two alt-universe ideas for everyone to discuss:

1. Following the Annihilation of the Not Named Clan, Clan Blood Spirit expects to be next since the Khans spoke up for the Not Named Clan. Preparations are immediately begun to pack up the entire Clan and depart Clan Space.

Such an action probably triggers their Annihilation. Considering how intertwined the Clans were in the early years, hiding such an action would probably be impossible (especially considering the Clans would be on the lookout for it after the Wolverines tried to pull it off).

2. Karianna Schmitt is killed in 3059.

This is an interesting one. Things do seem to get better for the Blood Spirits during the Wars of Reaving when someone else is in charge. You might get a little restraint and some craftiness rather than the blunt force that is their Khan.

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #211 on: 29 October 2019, 08:35:13 »
Here's two alt-universe ideas for everyone to discuss:

1. Following the Annihilation of the Not Named Clan, Clan Blood Spirit expects to be next since the Khans spoke up for the Not Named Clan. Preparations are immediately begun to pack up the entire Clan and depart Clan Space.

2. Karianna Schmitt is killed in 3059.

1. Depends on what resources the Clan has at this point, but the Wolverines had (not nearly enough) at least time to prepare/a plan in motion for when things turned against them per BoI. So it'd either go better or much, much worse, for the Spirits depending. Yeah, the other Clans (and Nicky K) would be more on alert for dissension, but also, who would expect a second Clan to go rogue after the Annihilation? Of course, wait a couple years for Nicky to die during the Widowmaker Trial and maybe your escape would be easier...

2. So much this. Much as I love Khan Schmitt as a character, CBS may have been better off had she bought it earlier in the storyline. Of course, the Spirits were never meant to succeed as a Clan long term (barring heavy Deus Ex writing, they were destined to be a footnote in Clan history since FM: CC, though I'll always appreciate that WoR let them survive for that long) but Troy Boques and Constans Cluff did their best to keep the ship afloat.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #212 on: 29 October 2019, 18:00:32 »
Honestly the smartest thing the Spirits did was send out survey teams to find new colony's. The only problem was they stopped with the Colleen System. A good AU storyline would be the Spirits sending out and finding other scattered worlds and using those as. Base of operations to rebuild. Rather than being one or two systems to find and crack thereceould be several outposts in the deep periphery to settle and build up.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #213 on: 01 November 2019, 09:40:59 »
Well, they were hampered by limited resources. Plus, get spread out too much and the likelihood of getting discovered goes up and then everyone's looking for you.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #214 on: 01 November 2019, 16:37:18 »
1. Depends on what resources the Clan has at this point, but the Wolverines had (not nearly enough) at least time to prepare/a plan in motion for when things turned against them per BoI. So it'd either go better or much, much worse, for the Spirits depending. Yeah, the other Clans (and Nicky K) would be more on alert for dissension, but also, who would expect a second Clan to go rogue after the Annihilation? Of course, wait a couple years for Nicky to die during the Widowmaker Trial and maybe your escape would be easier...

2. So much this. Much as I love Khan Schmitt as a character, CBS may have been better off had she bought it earlier in the storyline. Of course, the Spirits were never meant to succeed as a Clan long term (barring heavy Deus Ex writing, they were destined to be a footnote in Clan history since FM: CC, though I'll always appreciate that WoR let them survive for that long) but Troy Boques and Constans Cluff did their best to keep the ship afloat.

While khan Schmidt was super problematic she was the product of hundreds of years of her clans xenophobic propaganda.

It was the lore master of the clan which convinced her to interfere against the burrocks

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #215 on: 02 November 2019, 16:11:51 »
Well, they were hampered by limited resources. Plus, get spread out too much and the likelihood of getting discovered goes up and then everyone's looking for you.

One of the reasons I like the idea of the Spirits pushing outwards is that the Clans wouldnt be looking to far from the Homeworlds. Colleen was too close in the grand scheme of things.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #216 on: 02 November 2019, 18:44:26 »
One of the reasons I like the idea of the Spirits pushing outwards is that the Clans wouldnt be looking to far from the Homeworlds. Colleen was too close in the grand scheme of things.

... and for many decades they have been working with a missing Wolverine group.  Strained relations at first, but the need for survival and secrecy buried the hatchet for many issues.  Perhaps, included is also Widowmaker remains.  As the Invasion and eventually the Wars of Reaving began to spark, other clan enclaves and groups may have secreted away.

There could be representatives from almost every clan.  There would have to be some sort of serious integration process, that is a lot of history and hate to put together.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #217 on: 04 November 2019, 20:57:13 »
... and for many decades they have been working with a missing Wolverine group.  Strained relations at first, but the need for survival and secrecy buried the hatchet for many issues.  Perhaps, included is also Widowmaker remains.  As the Invasion and eventually the Wars of Reaving began to spark, other clan enclaves and groups may have secreted away.

There could be representatives from almost every clan.  There would have to be some sort of serious integration process, that is a lot of history and hate to put together.

Well that's one AU. I guess. Then again you can easily say all those destroyed Clans do exist in the form of the Bandit Caste.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #218 on: 04 November 2019, 22:05:46 »
Well that's one AU. I guess. Then again you can easily say all those destroyed Clans do exist in the form of the Bandit Caste.

I was just going off willy nilly  :P

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #219 on: 06 November 2019, 18:36:42 »
I was just going off willy nilly  :P

Hey its all good!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #220 on: 16 November 2019, 11:09:27 »
I now lookforward to a Blood Spirit Challenge Coin for the collection.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #221 on: 16 November 2019, 12:55:15 »
I now lookforward to a Blood Spirit Challenge Coin for the collection.

Same! ... although I went rest of Swag as Mongoose, something about the early dead clans always kept my attention.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #222 on: 16 November 2019, 14:16:03 »
Same! ... although I went rest of Swag as Mongoose, something about the early dead clans always kept my attention.

It was a close thing as I almost got the FedSuns coins and the Wolverine.

So I compromised and got a Wolverine Patch instead.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #223 on: 12 May 2020, 12:50:41 »
i have a question if clan blood spirit had a few forward thinking Khan's in there early history like boques or cliss may be church . I think the clan would not only survive but thrive with a larger military force and a merchant caste that was more liberal like clan sea fox .The possiblilities would be endless

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #224 on: 12 May 2020, 15:36:21 »
i have a question if clan blood spirit had a few forward thinking Khan's in there early history like boques or cliss may be church . I think the clan would not only survive but thrive with a larger military force and a merchant caste that was more liberal like clan sea fox .The possiblilities would be endless

Heck if they had stayed out of the absorption war they would have been primed to take advantage during the Harvest Wars

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #225 on: 12 May 2020, 18:06:49 »
And think of the larger Burrock headache the Adders would have inherited.

That could have impacted the Burrock rebirth and the Society's rise as well.

Now there's a divergent point in clan history to mull over.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #226 on: 12 May 2020, 18:15:54 »
I have a bit of a thread on that https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64879.0

Would love your input

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #227 on: 14 May 2020, 17:10:15 »
The best 'What if' to think on is if the Blood Spirits had after the Fall of Huntress and the Clan defeat by the reborn SLDF had chosen rather than to sulk but look towards a invading Clan to offer there service to as a garrison force in the Inner Sphere to free up another Clans forces. The Bears wouldnt need to but I could see the Wolves using the Spirits to garrison the Hade Falcon border or the Periphery holdings.

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #228 on: 14 May 2020, 18:49:08 »
Storm lion i think that is very good 1 that i didn't think seyla

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #229 on: 14 May 2020, 19:16:22 »
It would be a great way to rotate their forces around and get a lot of experience and self-initiative, something I believe we were sorely short on.

If the Invading clans actually held trials to invite home clans to occupy certain worlds ... man that'd put steam in the Vipers pots.  Wars of Reaving may be more of crazy civil war rather than some bat-shit crazy crusade against 'taint'.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #230 on: 24 May 2020, 13:43:13 »
Heck if they had stayed out of the absorption war they would have been primed to take advantage during the Harvest Wars

Post abjured nova cats would have been an ideal target for the zealous and ( above) full strength spirits. What would have been a good target for the spirits to take abs hold?

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #231 on: 28 May 2020, 07:31:40 »
I have to say, the Blood Spirits are in my opinion the first clue the writers really gave to the idea that clan philosophy was flawed from the get go. The way the other clans, in particular the Burrocks, treated a clan that was openly fostering unity among the clans was ridiculously. I don't know... "bully-like". It seems odd that at any point in time a strong, teamwork oriented clan, say the Star Adders, could have joined forces with the Blood Spirits to make the point the clans are stronger when working together. Even the Burrock absorbtion was a perfect opportunity to do this.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #232 on: 28 May 2020, 21:12:49 »
The best 'What if' to think on is if the Blood Spirits had after the Fall of Huntress and the Clan defeat by the reborn SLDF had chosen rather than to sulk but look towards a invading Clan to offer there service to as a garrison force in the Inner Sphere to free up another Clans forces. The Bears wouldnt need to but I could see the Wolves using the Spirits to garrison the Hade Falcon border or the Periphery holdings.

Also if the imperio was always going to happen I would have rather it be helmed by the spirits

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #233 on: 28 May 2020, 22:26:16 »
Would have liked to see an independent Colleen and Schmidt, but noooo Coyotes and Lions had to get all whiny.

And Adders were way to lazy (possibly did some simple math too).

ErikModi

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #234 on: 02 June 2020, 15:25:08 »

By the by, I'm totally blaming this on you.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #235 on: 02 June 2020, 16:20:13 »
Also if the imperio was always going to happen I would have rather it be helmed by the spirits

A Good 'What if' is if the Blood Spurits had remnants that retreated under the protection of the Imperio and essentially became a Client Merc Power under there protection. Gives the Imperio more forces while also allowing the Blood Spirits to survive. The other option is the Blood Spirits have joined the Green Ghosts which gas been hinted at already and the Green Ghosts are in fact faction of the Goliath Scorpions.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #236 on: 02 June 2020, 19:28:56 »
A Good 'What if' is if the Blood Spurits had remnants that retreated under the protection of the Imperio and essentially became a Client Merc Power under there protection. Gives the Imperio more forces while also allowing the Blood Spirits to survive. The other option is the Blood Spirits have joined the Green Ghosts which gas been hinted at already and the Green Ghosts are in fact faction of the Goliath Scorpions.

Or even have Fox-Sharks (or is it Shark-Foxes?) get a solid smuggling ring out of their new systems.  Have a full unit of ex-pat BS to take a head or two of the Adders.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #237 on: 02 June 2020, 23:25:56 »
Or even have Fox-Sharks (or is it Shark-Foxes?) get a solid smuggling ring out of their new systems.  Have a full unit of ex-pat BS to take a head or two of the Adders.

In cannon was the entirety of the spirit touman on colleen and haven?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #238 on: 03 June 2020, 08:06:28 »
I believe so

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #239 on: 03 June 2020, 11:14:07 »
If they needed to arm the civilian castes I would have to say yes.

Register