Author Topic: Working on a new tech base(biomimetics/cybrid style inspired tech base)  (Read 330 times)

Izzy193

• Warrant Officer
At this moment of this original post I don't exactly have this is inspired loosely on equipment and technologies from another forgotten franchise that was largely abandoned. the weapons may look like normal Battle tech affair but it's the tech that's where a similarities between norm IS and Clan tech ends and the differences begin.

Energy weapons:
ER Heavy Lasers(+1 to hit mod)
Heavy X-Pulse Lasers(-1 to hit mod)
ER Plasma Rifle(normal +0 to hit mod)
Rotary Chemical Lasers(RAC x Chemical Laser)
Fluid Cannon
Enhanced heavy and Light PPCs(30% increase in damage)

Missile Weapons:
Enhanced Multi-Missile Launchers(50% reduction of LRM minimum Range and 50% increase of range for SRMs)
Improved MRMs(50% reduction in weight)
Enhanced Streak SRMs(50% increase in range)
Enhanced Extended LRMs(50% reduction in minimum range)

Ballistic Weapons:
Gauss Cannons(categories 5,10,15 and 20)
Gauss LB-X Cannons
Gauss Ultra Cannons
Enhanced Gauss Rifle(25/20/15 damage per a range bracket, 18 tons, 9 crits)
Rotary Gauss Cannon(four shot clusters categories 5 and 10 only)
Blast Cannons(Autocannons meet artillery cannons)

Other technology
Shield Generator(50% reduction(rounded down) of all incoming damage, must be installed in all locations apart from the head)
Improved XXL Engines(same apart from taking up the same space as IS XL Engines)
XL ICE and Fuel Cell Engines(advanced construction Rules
Compact Double Heatsinks
Artemis VI Fire Control System
Apollo II Fire Control System
CASE III(negates all internal damage and weighs 1.5 tons, installs into any location)
Biomimetic internal structure
Biomimetic Armor
Active camouflage suite
Hellhound active probe
Archangel ECM

and that's the list of tech I am going to be working on, I had to think of what tech the other two tech bases didn't have or make up my own that sounds unique to the faction the uses this tech base. so I decided to hybridize some technologies together(like with the Gauss Cannons or the Blast cannons). originally I was going to put triple heatsinks but decided against it, instead I went with compact double heatsink tech instead.

Izzy193

• Warrant Officer
Now I just need to work on the statblocks. while will take a while.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Hmm.  Tagged.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Izzy193

• Warrant Officer
thanks I was told that this stuff needs to be stated first before a proper opinions can be formed upon this tech base.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Hmm.  Well..  Kind of?  Generally, I start from a concept or explanation, a history of development.  For example, the development of the 'Ultra Gauss' came from a comparison of a standard AC/GR and an Ultra AC.

Then there's the rationalization route.  For example, Laser HS are solid, fixed components.  So, they could be mounted as fixed equipment on Mechs - why not vehicles?  So, I rationalized the frame could be used to house all 10 fixed LHS, at a cost in tonnage (everything that doesn't fit in the engine for free) and crits.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Lycanphoenix

• Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
Cybrids, you say?
I'll grab the TSEMP…