Author Topic: Assembling the Atlas III, how do you do it?  (Read 141 times)

CanvasBack

• Recruit
Assembling the Atlas III, how do you do it?
« on: 26 March 2024, 22:49:27 »
Hey there I've been searching for a guide on how to assemble the Atlas III that's produced by IWM.
Anybody out there have any guidance? I promise I've searched YouTube but I don't come up with anything.  :sad:
When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him.”
— R. A. Lafferty

MarauderD

• Major
Re: Assembling the Atlas III, how do you do it?
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2024, 09:54:54 »
This right here, is why my cowardly hide just paints up the new plastic and proxies.  I've used the Atlas III a couple times in AS and love the unit, but man, some of those IWM models look too confusing to build to me. 

I'm positive there are people on this forum that can help with pinning instructions and how to get it done, I'm just not one of them. 

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2024, 12:05:08 »
I put one together last year. While I didn't keep a photo or video record I can try to answer questions.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2024, 13:30:20 »
I use some greenstuff behind the big plates to give them some extra support. Were there specific points giving you trouble?

CanvasBack

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2024, 19:33:45 »
This right here, is why my cowardly hide just paints up the new plastic and proxies.  I've used the Atlas III a couple times in AS and love the unit, but man, some of those IWM models look too confusing to build to me. 

I'm basically there as having something in several pieces without clear instructions is a pain and my vision has been going down hill for awhile now.

But, the availability of certain models has me purchasing from IWM from time to time still.

When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him.”
— R. A. Lafferty

CanvasBack

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2024, 19:38:09 »
I'm basically there as having something in several pieces without clear instructions is a pain and my vision has been going down hill for awhile now.

But, the availability of certain models has me purchasing from IWM from time to time still.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how the Left arm goes together. I think I've finally figured out how the shoulder is supposed to go. Initially I thought the right arm's ball joint was supposed to go directly into the shoulder socket, but I figured out today taking a fresh look at it that this just can't be and there are other pieces that go together to form a shoulder piece and I think I've figured out how the left fist and the lasers fit together, but I'm still trying to put together the arm from there. At least I've trimmed the flash from the pieces at this point.

— R. A. Lafferty

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2024, 21:39:13 »
I used the Atlas III as my sample model when painting my company of 1st Augustine Arquebusiers. There are a couple of different angles, and a turntable video near the end: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tYpiZQrjhmLFtLV68
Maybe you'll be able to see what you're looking for there.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2024, 21:48:22 »
Also for some examples:

https://camospecs.com/?s=atlas+III

Sometimes visuals help more than words, and I answered the PM before checking here.