Author Topic: Robotech license renewed  (Read 4087 times)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Robotech license renewed
« Reply #30 on: 08 July 2019, 02:14:39 »
well for one it means they'll be able to continue making that game. if HG had lost the license they'd lose the RPG sub-license.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 08 July 2019, 08:48:50 »
I wonder if there is some animosity between Tatsunoko and Big West / Studio Nue still?  I had seen mention of it, but couldn't track it down.  My feeling is if Sony wants a movie they can market in Japan, the Macross era designs had better change, and that should have been priority once the original Big West / Studio Nue settlement occurred banning HG from future use at the time. 

HG seems determined to bury it if they can't buy it and it looks like a better organized bully tactic, this time only with possible Sony backing.  All the current games being developed using Macross as the base, especially the new minis game should have been using original redesigns as well, to me.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #32 on: 08 July 2019, 10:34:43 »
I wonder if there is some animosity between Tatsunoko and Big West / Studio Nue still?  I had seen mention of it, but couldn't track it down.  My feeling is if Sony wants a movie they can market in Japan, the Macross era designs had better change, and that should have been priority once the original Big West / Studio Nue settlement occurred banning HG from future use at the time. 

HG seems determined to bury it if they can't buy it and it looks like a better organized bully tactic, this time only with possible Sony backing.  All the current games being developed using Macross as the base, especially the new minis game should have been using original redesigns as well, to me.

It's been described as BW hoping that Tatsunoko dies a violent death... in those exact terms. That's why the VF-0 in battroid mode is taller than the production VF-1, the creation of the New UN Spacy (as well as the redesigned kite for Frontier)... even the redesigns from Macross: The First. those were not only artistic updates, they were legal moves as well.
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 08 July 2019, 10:38:45 »
Aha, that explains alot.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #34 on: 08 July 2019, 17:23:14 »
This is one of those cases where nobody is the "good guy" and everybody is to blame in some way. The bad blood between Big West/Studio Nue and Tatsunko goes deep, and Tatsunko renewing Harmony Gold's licence is just a part of that feud.

The lack of western Macross releases is as much on Studio Nue and Tatsunko as it is Harmony Gold. Everybody is at fault here.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #35 on: 08 July 2019, 17:28:38 »
Yes, but most of the community here has a grudge against Harmony Gold, therefore we're allowed to blame them for everything.

That's how grudges work, right?  :D

One of my reimagined Wasp miniatures fell off a shelf and broke an arm a few days ago, and I had to spend, like, five minutes repairing it and checking to see if it lost any paint. Those Harmony Gold bastards.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #36 on: 08 July 2019, 17:36:48 »

I hope that they are successful in restyling all their assets away from BT & Macross.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #37 on: 08 July 2019, 17:40:15 »
+1 Liam... +1...  ;D

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #38 on: 08 July 2019, 22:29:07 »
Yes, but most of the community here has a grudge against Harmony Gold, therefore we're allowed to blame them for everything.

That's how grudges work, right?  :D

One of my reimagined Wasp miniatures fell off a shelf and broke an arm a few days ago, and I had to spend, like, five minutes repairing it and checking to see if it lost any paint. Those Harmony Gold bastards.

alright, i've fallen behind the times, how do i like a post?  ;D
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.