Author Topic: Radium Support Cannon  (Read 338 times)

Jeyar123

• Corporal
Radium Support Cannon
« on: 09 March 2024, 18:12:10 »
So I didn't see a place for this type of post, just looking for feedback, hope here is okay. Based on the Radium Sniper Rifle. These are the stats for when you are building platoons.

Radium Support Cannon
Tech: IS (E)
Damage type: E
Introduced: just before Ilkhan era starts
Damage: 1.08
Range Scale: 7
300 kg
3 shots per 3 kg clip (or 1 kg per shot)
Crew: 5 (I know its high, but I view the ammo as a complex, so the whole thing is more distributed in its tech - and more expensive - so more people to carry it).
Cost: 95,000 cbill, ammo 1000 cbill/clip

Let me know if there is anything missing or any feedback (or where it should go).

Thank you. 😁
« Last Edit: 10 March 2024, 12:39:05 by Jeyar123 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Radium Support Cannon
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2024, 15:51:43 »
AP/BD values?

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2024, 17:19:51 »
Well, the weapon is based on the radium sniper, so I doubt there is a bonus to Armor Penetration (not sure how to evaluate - suggestions would be appreciated, or if you actually mean armor penetration or something else, just guessing), but with the poison levels the sniper puts out, Once it gets throu the armor probably anything with organics (or low entropy frankly) would likely be poisoned (or thermodynamic equivalence) when hit by the RSC.
So for BD, guessing it is base damage (again a guess, but I am hopeful it is right), I had estimates of 1.08 for one Rules system (for when I construct infantry troops). I know that different systems exits, and I'm guessing that value makes no sense in the form you want (or my estimate is itself nonsense/bad). I don't know how to proceed, but if you point me towards which/what to use I will strive to comply...😎
Thank you for your request! Sorry not sure how to respond.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2024, 17:34:45 »
Well, if you're shooting for 1.08 at TW scale with a single shot weapon, the closest you can get is either 1.05 (for 5/12 or 6/10) or 1.10 (for 7/9).  The reverses of those combinations of course also work, at least for BD 10 or less).  If you're thinking it has a burst value, that could drop things considerably...

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2024, 19:05:28 »
So I'm not sure what any of that works out from. I'm guessing total warfare scale - which at least is a different book as I am starting from the techmanual. Not sure if there is a difference otherwise, but as I had no idea what the rest really ment until burst value. This is a support weapon for standard infantry units, likely with the main gun being radium sniper rifles (might as well get them all trained up together for the tech). I don't think that this then would qualify for the burst bonus then? I guess I need to read total warfare infantry section.😄 
Thank you again for being willing to look this over however.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2024, 19:29:08 »
It comes from the AToW Companion page 170 conversion formula.  I built a spreadsheet to show what that can mean (linked in my sig block)... :)

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2024, 17:40:34 »
So... 3.5 * 1.08 = 3.78 as no burst or splash damage? Round to 4?

And the range would be odd, with a +6 to hit for the last few heads, max 21 hexes?

I hope this in the right general direction...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2024, 18:48:08 »
Uh... no?  1.08 would be the output of the equation, not the input...

Jeyar123

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2024, 21:15:50 »
I've downloaded something, but it won't input what I'm typing.
My intent is: no incendiary, no burst and no splash intended (not sure why it needs a value from 1 to 10000 for the last.) has 12 shots per trooper so 60 shots? Can be shot every turn? Should do some damage to all armor?
This is supposed to be the big heavy support weapon version of the radium sniper rifle that takes five people to lug around (only 1 to fire). The other people then get to fire their weapons while the operator of this weapon death-phasors (instead of dakkas) the enemy.
I do plan to get to the book sometime as even now I don't yet know what some of what you are typing means, sort I both know already and haven't done so yet.
Still, thanks for looking it over.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 14 March 2024, 03:16:38 »
If you have any other questions, just let me know!  I posted a spreadsheet to do the damage conversions (linked in my sig block).

Lycanphoenix

• Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2024, 09:49:33 »
"The Radium support cannon, thankfully, contained no radium..."

Register