Author Topic: I/O Discrepencies  (Read 1508 times)

Maelwys

• Major
I/O Discrepencies
« on: 08 July 2019, 19:25:04 »
Hi! Got a quick question, not sure on the answer, so figured I'd start here and see if it was intentional, and then get the results over to the errata thread if needed..

Page 54 of IO in the Universal Technology Advancement Table has an entry for "Blade (Dao/Katana/No-Dachi/Sword/Wakizashi." It lists their technology rating as A, and its Availability Rating as C for all eras.

Space saving is good and all, but... ATOW pg 261 has the

Dao at A Tech, and C for all Eras
Katana at A for tech, and C-C-D for the three eras
No-Dachis is A Tech and C for all Eras
Sword is A Tech, and A for all Eras
Wakizashi is A tech, C for all Eras.

So the question is, are these the new values for the Katana  and Sword, and ATOW needs to be errata'd to incorporate these values? Or should it be split up and IO needs the errata?

Also there's a Scimitar in ATOW, that is A tech, and C for all eras, so would fit in with the grouping in IO, but seems left out, so that probably needs to be included..

Pole Arms/Staff are the same. A/B-B-B/A for the Pole Arm in ATOW, A/A-A-A/A for the Staff, but IO has them grouped together at A/A-A-A-B (no idea why it goes up). So which is right? ATOW or IO?

The Shuriken and Throwing Knives are different in ATOW, but combined in IO as well.

So who gets the errata? :)