Author Topic: TC Mech Production circa 3025  (Read 14576 times)

MarauderD

• Major
TC Mech Production circa 3025
« on: 02 August 2018, 15:13:50 »
Research Project!

We have some good material in TRO 3039 and TRO 3050 (not the update) that gives us a solid idea of the mech factories in the Concordat. Does anyone know, with some research to back it up, what was produced in the factories in 3020-3028 in the Taurian Concordat?

I believe the outputs would be fairly small, and here is my guess:

Stinger
Wasp
Locust
Griffin

Thunderbolt
Warhammer
Marauder

Anyone have any solid guesses or additions?

Regards,

Mad

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: TC Mech Production circa 3025
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2018, 16:07:02 »

Commando, Archer would be the only thing I would add to that list. Objective Raids had TC building them in 3054, and I've got no reason to think that they were new lines.

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2018, 16:09:58 »
The Commando would be interesting, because the only other line is Lyran.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2018, 16:46:45 »
The Commando would be interesting, because the only other line is Lyran.

I have to dig a little, but i remember something about lyrans doing deals with the Taurian around the 4SW. Either in TRO:3039 or 3050U i think.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2018, 17:01:24 »
Commando, Archer would be the only thing I would add to that list. Objective Raids had TC building them in 3054, and I've got no reason to think that they were new lines.

Objectives: Periphery (ca 3079) has Commandos in production on Illiushin for the TC. My copy of objective raids is in storage, but I assume it's the same line run by Vandenberg Mechanized Industries

edit: misread 3025 as 3125 for some reason... but it seems the TC has a history of producing commandos.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2018, 18:17:38 »
The Taurians produce 78 'Mechs per year (math here).

The 1980's periphery book gives us locations, but not numbers; my preference is to omit or replace the Commando line, not just the Hatchetman and Rommel:

Taurus Territorial Industries
   Taurus:
Thunderbolt, Warhammer, Marauder, Hatchetman, Locust, Wasp; Lightning, Thunderbird; Leopard; small arms and their ammo.
   Sterope: Seydlitz; Hunter; Union; mines and static gun emplacements.

Vandenberg Mechanized Industries
   New Vandenberg:
Archer, Stinger, Marauder; Hunter; Chippewa.
   Pinard: Thunderbolt, Warhammer; Vedette; Artillery ordnance and munitions.
   Illiushin: Stinger, Commando, Griffin; Union.

Pinard Protectorates Limited
   Pinard:
Marauder; personal energy weapons and munitions.
   MacLeod's Land: Stinger, Locust.
   Organo: Sabre.
   Perdition: Rommel, Vedette, J Edgar; Wasp; Thunderbird.

Griffins are built by the second-largest of the three manufacturers, at the smallest of that manufacturer's three sites, so Griffin production will be middling at best. Judging from TR:3050, Marauders would be the Taurians' most-produced heavy, and the Archer their least.
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2018, 18:50:05 »
TR3050 actually gives some numbers/description of many mechs the TC produces.

Stinger production is said to have increased in recent years - leading the TC to be the 2nd largest manufacturer of the Stinger behind the FWL.

The Tbolt is described as "Extensive production" with enough being produced to sell to merc units.
The Archer is said to be in limited production with a a small number of the design produced each year.
The Warhammer entry talks about "extensive continuing production" and the design being sold to mercs and black marketeers
The Marauder is said to be produced "at a prodigious rate"

For what it's worth the TR3050 Warhammer entry talks about Ronin Inc in the FWL building a "mere 5 Warhammers each year" - So extensive continuing production could mean the TC builds maybe 15-25 Warhammers per year between the 2 lines.

I'd agree that Griffin production was probably fairly limited.  In Periphery 1e the TDF mech regiments are largely medium weight- which is what you would end up with as an average if your units are composed mainly of light mechs and heavy mechs. 

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2018, 21:26:26 »
Bearing in mind that the authors have backed away from hard numbers for some time now, while FASA-era figures are seen as being... dubious.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2018, 10:19:56 »
This is all great stuff. Thanks gents!

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2018, 11:43:32 »
You're welcome!  8)

Bearing in mind that the authors have backed away from hard numbers for some time now, while FASA-era figures are seen as being... dubious.

Turns out the '80s-era figures follow a shockingly consistent framework. I haven't looked yet to see if or how much the late-90s products deviate from it.
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Phalanx

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2018, 14:14:24 »
The Taurians produce 78 'Mechs per year (math here).

The 1980's periphery book gives us locations, but not numbers; my preference is to omit or replace the Commando line, not just the Hatchetman and Rommel:

Taurus Territorial Industries
   Taurus:
Thunderbolt, Warhammer, Marauder, Hatchetman, Locust, Wasp; Lightning, Thunderbird; Leopard; small arms and their ammo.
   Sterope: Seydlitz; Hunter; Union; mines and static gun emplacements.

Vandenberg Mechanized Industries
   New Vandenberg:
Archer, Stinger, Marauder; Hunter; Chippewa.
   Pinard: Thunderbolt, Warhammer; Vedette; Artillery ordnance and munitions.
   Illiushin: Stinger, Commando, Griffin; Union.

Pinard Protectorates Limited
   Pinard:
Marauder; personal energy weapons and munitions.
   MacLeod's Land: Stinger, Locust.
   Organo: Sabre.
   Perdition: Rommel, Vedette, J Edgar; Wasp; Thunderbird.

Griffins are built by the second-largest of the three manufacturers, at the smallest of that manufacturer's three sites, so Griffin production will be middling at best. Judging from TR:3050, Marauders would be the Taurians' most-produced heavy, and the Archer their least.

My suspicion is that the Hatchetman was a typo, otherwise it makes no sense.

Statesman:  Our Warlord.

Warlord:  Your Statesman.

-Liaofan

MarikMilitaMan

• Sergeant
  • The Kendall Hammers
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2018, 14:31:45 »

They fudged it in TRO3050 by adding it (and the Commando) in the 3050's.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #12 on: 16 August 2018, 14:36:54 »

Yeap, it was a typo. In TRO:3050U TPTB explain that the Taurian Hatchetman began production in 3054 until 3066 when the line is demolished by the Fighting Urukhai attack.

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2018, 10:40:58 »

Sort of. The Taurian companies look like they were modeled on the ones in the Lyran book. The writer might've left the Hatchetman, Commando, Rommel and the Hunter in from carelessness, or they might have been intended as stand-ins for unstatted periphery designs.

The fighters and J. Edgar are fine, though.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2018, 11:01:34 »
Yeah--I'm not really buying into the Commando, Hachetman, or Rommel being in production in the TC.  I wouldn't put them in any forces I created for them.  It just seems like a simple writer or editor error that was never corrected.

So in a light mech force, I'd expect a mess of Locusts and Stingers with a smattering of other designs.

Medium mechs would be a big hodge podge with some of the home grown Griffin-1N thrown in.

Heavies seem like Thunderbolts and Warhammers with a few Marauders and Archers in small numbers.

Assaults--well, this is the periphery.  I wouldn't expect to see any assault lances, but the occasional Stalker mech makes sense here and there.  Maybe a Banshee too, since they are such old mechs.

Thanks all, really great thread on the TC.  I'm becoming fond of them, even as a Federated Suns fan.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2018, 13:55:55 »
Yeah--I'm not really buying into the Commando, Hachetman, or Rommel being in production in the TC.  I wouldn't put them in any forces I created for them.  It just seems like a simple writer or editor error that was never corrected.

So in a light mech force, I'd expect a mess of Locusts and Stingers with a smattering of other designs.

Medium mechs would be a big hodge podge with some of the home grown Griffin-1N thrown in.

Heavies seem like Thunderbolts and Warhammers with a few Marauders and Archers in small numbers.

Assaults--well, this is the periphery.  I wouldn't expect to see any assault lances, but the occasional Stalker mech makes sense here and there.  Maybe a Banshee too, since they are such old mechs.

Thanks all, really great thread on the TC.  I'm becoming fond of them, even as a Federated Suns fan.

Wait until you see their 3085 and onwards repertoire. Funny things like 6/9/6 Griffins, 6/9 and Royal Thuds, and dont forget the incredible 7 jumping Warhammer. Looks like they are trying to out-cavalry the cavalry mech concept.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 19 August 2018, 04:13:56 »
Speed is life, and I suppose a heavy-cav stampede is just what the Taurians would go for.  Especially after seeing the Feds put fast cavalry forces out, they might as well one-up New Avalon.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 26 August 2018, 04:57:39 »
You know their production of the Chippewa raises an interesting question: Where advanced tech factories in the Periphery destroyed or did the owners simply forget how to operate them?

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: 26 August 2018, 08:07:50 »
You know their production of the Chippewa raises an interesting question: Where advanced tech factories in the Periphery destroyed or did the owners simply forget how to operate them?

From the Chippewa entry in TRO:3039, i assume that the Taurian Chippewa line is from prior to the Clan invasion, but not in 3025. The "deployment" paragraph says that the TC recently licenced the model from Bowie (they were going to build it anyways) and that Bowie could use the money to upgrade the model (refering to the basic -W5). Then in the "upgrades" paragraph it says that prior to the Clan invasion Bowie upgraded the line to the -W7 (and prior to the WoB invasion of Alarion (3069) they created the -W8 model).

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 26 August 2018, 10:27:30 »

Its hard to say really. its possible that during the uprising the upgraded factories were damaged, and only the intro tech ones were put back into production with the parts they had.

Or the advanced equipment was beholden to supplies from the Inner Sphere and Star League in order to keep functioning. The Star League did that with water filters and other equipment, so I could easily see them doing it with military equipment as well.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 26 August 2018, 15:18:10 »
I could see the LC ever the Merchant House selling/leasing the Commando design specs to the TC, after all they are on the otherside of the sphere.  Unfortantly, that doesn't apply to to Hatchetman or the Rommel (now an Axel tank from FRR that was doable or something similar that was a homegrown tank) both because they were fluffed as "New" designs. 
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #21 on: 26 August 2018, 19:26:12 »
I remember reading...something, somewhere, that the Commando production was brought into the TC post-Reunification War, during that attempt to stamp out Taurian Mech Identity ("Why, those rebellious periphery states don't need their own Mechs!  They'll use the Mechs our member states allow them for!")  After the Fall of the Star League, the TC kinda just stuck with it.

That Hatchetman I remember seeing being a thing the writers have gone back and forth on.  In older sources, they somehow ended up with Hatchetman production, but in later sources, it was parts of a formerly Lyran Merc Unit coming to the TC that was the source of those.  I'm not entirely sure what the current canonicity of the Taurian Hatchetman production is, since I think I remember a newer thing mentioning that they make them, but I'm not positive.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 27 August 2018, 00:07:14 »
Its hard to say really. its possible that during the uprising the upgraded factories were damaged, and only the intro tech ones were put back into production with the parts they had.
Pretty sure that the SLDF was getting it's supplies from the Periphery, which would suggest that advanced tech was put into production there.

Or the advanced equipment was beholden to supplies from the Inner Sphere and Star League in order to keep functioning. The Star League did that with water filters and other equipment, so I could easily see them doing it with military equipment as well.
Possible, but me previous point, if correct, makes this unlikely at anything beyond the most basic level or for capital parts (Which means replace that one missing part and it should be working again). Tying into this, there must have been a good supply of critical parts for water purification equipment when Amaris took control, otherwise plants for such parts would have been built before Terra was liberated.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 27 August 2018, 00:52:32 »
Pretty sure that the SLDF was getting it's supplies from the Periphery, which would suggest that advanced tech was put into production there.

Sure, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the factories are producing all the advanced tech. They could be importing the advanced tech and assembling the design on site.

Trying to figure out economics and what not, especially since its changed over the years is a bad idea. You should just sort of accept that "This happened" rather than "Well, this makes sense, so why didn't it happen?"

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #24 on: 27 August 2018, 15:30:17 »
From the Chippewa entry in TRO:3039, i assume that the Taurian Chippewa line is from prior to the Clan invasion, but not in 3025.

I read that entry as saying that the Lyrans licensed the -W7 model to the Taurians at some point from 3067-3073. I don't think it indicates anything one way or the other about Taurian production in 3025.

The majority of the SLDF used regular tech. When Kerensky heard of Amaris' Coup, he withdrew the SLDF from most periphery states and went to occupy the Rim Worlds Republic. If the SLDF upgraded factories to produce tech higher than what they could get from Inner Sphere manufacturers, those upgraded factories would have been in the Rim Worlds Republic, not the Taurian Concordat.

Trying to figure out economics and what not, especially since its changed over the years is a bad idea.

It makes for an interesting and useful discussion, which is the purpose of being on a discussion forum.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: 27 August 2018, 16:45:00 »
I read that entry as saying that the Lyrans licensed the -W7 model to the Taurians at some point from 3067-3073. I don't think it indicates anything one way or the other about Taurian production in 3025.

The "deployment" paragraph says that the TC recently licenced the model from Bowie (they were going to build it anyways) and that Bowie could use the money to upgrade the model (refering to the basic -W5).

I understand that Bowie sold the licence in the eve of the Clan invasion to upgrade the lines from -W5 to -W7, and then, previous to the Alarion invasion, the upgraded to -W8.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #26 on: 27 August 2018, 17:13:33 »
The commando has actually been available to the Taurian Concordat (and periphery in general) for a very long time. The MUL puts it on the periphery general list during the Late Succession War era (2901-3019). I don't think it's been canonically stated exactly when the Taurians started building it. But it's also available to mercenary groups, so it could be an example of periphery states snapping them up on the open market and the Taurians only later starting production.

The Rommel was never built in Taurian space, and the Hatchetman was canonically established as beginning production some time in the late 3050s/early 3060s (reverse engineered from mercenary examples). The earlier accounts were canonically attributed to sightings of former Lyran mercs in the Concordat.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #27 on: 27 August 2018, 17:41:12 »
Several Capellan regiments in 3025 are also known for heavy use of the Commando. I would assume defectors and mercenaries play a large role in that as well.

I understand that Bowie sold the licence in the eve of the Clan invasion to upgrade the lines from -W5 to -W7, and then, previous to the Alarion invasion, the upgraded to -W8.

The Deployment section says the Lyrans "recently" sold the license, and the Upgrades section says the Jihad-era Taurian variant is based on the -W7. The "recent" license can't be 3049 (because 3049 wouldn't count as "recent"), and the entry doesn't mention Taurian use of the -W8.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2018, 17:43:21 by skiltao »

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 27 August 2018, 18:23:05 »
Or the recent licensing was simply the Taurians producing the Chippewa already, and instead of going after them in court or something, the two groups arranged for a "license" deal.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #29 on: 27 August 2018, 19:06:07 »
Several Capellan regiments in 3025 are also known for heavy use of the Commando. I would assume defectors and mercenaries play a large role in that as well.

The Deployment section says the Lyrans "recently" sold the license, and the Upgrades section says the Jihad-era Taurian variant is based on the -W7. The "recent" license can't be 3049 (because 3049 wouldn't count as "recent"), and the entry doesn't mention Taurian use of the -W8.

I do not want to sound condescendant, and if my answer makes me appear that, i apologize.

Now, we go part by part, as Jack said:

TRO:3039 is an in-universe document created as a companion to the War of 3039 book, made by Caradoc Trevena. In page 4, Fotch attach it as a letter to Victor Steiner Davion set in3073.

Several years ago I passed to you an historical treatise covering the War of 3039 compiled by General Caradoc Trevena. At that time, General Trevena also sent me a rough draft of a manuscript to act as a companion volume to that work.

The letter in the War of 3039 book again from Fotch to VSD, tell Victor to take it to the SL conference in Tharkad, so i assume its set in 3061, the second Whitting Conference ( i can be mistaken here). He refers to Trevena as General, and i assume Trevena got that rank after the 2nd Star League Army reformed, by the time of Operation Bulldog if i am not mistaken, 3059.

So, we can assume that the "rough draft of a manuscript to act as a companion volume to that work" was made around 3059 or little earlier.

With that settled, now we advanced to the Chippewa question.

We know the introtech version is the -W5, and that the Star League had an advanced version with pulse lasers and DHS, the -7W. We also know, from the Chippewa entry in page 216, that the Dell factory was destroyed in 2805, and that "Before the Third Succession War, Bowie rebuilt the Chippewa line on Alarion.". By the tech level of the time, the -W7 is impossible, so we can assume that they are talking about the -W5.

Now, in Upgrades, we have this quote: "Prior to the Clan invasion, Bowie had changed to the version that the Star League had upgraded to, the W7."

Then, i think i found the center point of our discrepancy. In Deployment, it keeps the 3SW mention with this line: "Recently, the Taurian Concordat has been licensed to manufacture the Chippewa. Bowie officials figured that they were going to make the fighter anyway and they could use the money to start redesigning the Chippewa."

Because of this is that i assume that the Taurians buy the licence "Prior to the Clan invasion" and Bowie "use the money to start redesigning the Chippewa" to upgrade their -W5 line to the -W7 Star League standard.

A little later in the Upgrades paragraph it said this: "Prior to the Blakist assault of Alarion, Bowie had upgraded the W7 to a W8." I think its here were you assume that the taurian money was spended to redesign the model. I interpret that the money was used to improve the line from -W5 to -W7.

Now, after getting the licence, the Taurians began to produce their own production, the -W7T.

I think there are leads to support BOTH positions, as if you check the MUL, the -W8 have a intro date of 3068 (The Wob assault Alarion in the 3069), and the -W7T have an intro date of 3069. As a final note, the taurians build both he -W5 and -W7T.

This is a similar case with what happened during the taurian Royal Thunderbolt and Marauder, and i would love to see a writer to clarify this. Again, i am sorry if my writting is difficult to understand, English is not my native language, but i am trying to improve.

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #30 on: 29 August 2018, 10:08:02 »
i think i found the center point of our discrepancy.

Yep, and I agree that the Chippewa entry is unclear. The Deployment section should be talking about the 3040s, because of how the book is framed, but "redesign" is the wrong word to describe resurrecting or copying a Star League variant, and (whichever year it turns out to be) the phrase "they were going to make the fighter anyway" doesn't clarify whether or not the Taurians were already building Chippewas.

No worries about your writing and tone. Your English is good (leaps and bounds beyond my paltry Spanish or German); any confusion between us was the same kind I see all the time between native English speakers. Your methodical, point-by-point post clarified things, and I don't find it condescending it at all; I hope my own responses have not seemed condescending either.

Or the recent licensing was simply the Taurians producing the Chippewa already, and instead of going after them in court or something, the two groups arranged for a "license" deal.

If so, it would have to happen when the Lyrans can exert legal pressure on the Taurians, which means after the third Whitting Conference in 3064 (when the Taurians join the Second Star League).

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #31 on: 29 August 2018, 12:07:41 »
Yep, and I agree that the Chippewa entry is unclear. The Deployment section should be talking about the 3040s, because of how the book is framed, but "redesign" is the wrong word to describe resurrecting or copying a Star League variant, and (whichever year it turns out to be) the phrase "they were going to make the fighter anyway" doesn't clarify whether or not the Taurians were already building Chippewas.

No worries about your writing and tone. Your English is good (leaps and bounds beyond my paltry Spanish or German); any confusion between us was the same kind I see all the time between native English speakers. Your methodical, point-by-point post clarified things, and I don't find it condescending it at all; I hope my own responses have not seemed condescending either.

If so, it would have to happen when the Lyrans can exert legal pressure on the Taurians, which means after the third Whitting Conference in 3064 (when the Taurians join the Second Star League).

Yeah, when you add the note about the TC inclusion in the 64´s Whitting Conference, it could be interpreted as the whole deal was just prior to it. The Taurian noew model appeared just a few years later.

As for my english, it could be better. Have to practice more.  ;)

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 30 August 2018, 00:30:13 »

I always hoped they would give stats for the TC built Hatchetman. Cant remember was it the 3H? Figured it may have different stats maybe an AC5 with more armor.

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 30 August 2018, 08:16:43 »
I always hoped they would give stats for the TC built Hatchetman. Cant remember was it the 3H? Figured it may have different stats maybe an AC5 with more armor.

Maybe it just had a hatchet, medium laser, and two IS nukes strapped onto each arm? /s

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: 30 August 2018, 10:28:11 »

TRO:3050U says -3F until it got destroyed in 3066 by the Fighting Urukhai raid at Taurus.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #35 on: 03 September 2018, 19:44:12 »
This may sound strange but...

Have you ever noticed that the TC could make Warhammers?

But not just that, but variants of them?

I'm not talking just the 6R, but the 6L and 6D, possible the 6K as well. Most of these are quick field repairs.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #36 on: 03 September 2018, 20:48:14 »
I think they make even 11 T more forward so they could do those variants in 3050

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #37 on: 04 September 2018, 01:02:03 »
The Lyrans are the "Merchant House", and they don't share a border with the TC.

I have little trouble believing that they would sell off licensing agreements to older 3025 versions of their home brew models to pay for R&D into 3050 tech versions like the Chippewa fluff implies.

The Commando was also the first Non-Terran Light Mech produced in the IS, having them sell off Blueprints to it when the TH wasn't selling Mech plans to anyone also seems like something they would do.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 12 September 2018, 13:30:12 »
In an only tangentially related thought....

From all of those old Marauder 3R lines, I wonder which Marauder variant, if any, is being manufactured in the Concordat in 3145?

Also, we can look forward to the Caldarone Protectorate and Taurian Concordat merging again in the 3150s. Might mech production pick back up?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #39 on: 12 September 2018, 13:53:54 »
I think -2R would be a possible upgrade for the -3R Marauder.

Since the -1R uses CASE and FF, the -2R upgrades that with ER Peepers and DHS tech.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #40 on: 12 September 2018, 15:10:42 »
In an only tangentially related thought....

From all of those old Marauder 3R lines, I wonder which Marauder variant, if any, is being manufactured in the Concordat in 3145?

Also, we can look forward to the Caldarone Protectorate and Taurian Concordat merging again in the 3150s. Might mech production pick back up?

According to this post (https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58040.msg1335264#msg1335264), VMI os making the -2R since 3070 in New Vandenburg.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 12 September 2018, 17:57:02 »
Nice link, thanks!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #42 on: 13 September 2018, 15:42:23 »
That's what I said above him, possible -2R upgrade to the -3R.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse