Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!  (Read 186996 times)

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Re: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!
« Reply #90 on: 10 July 2016, 11:58:39 »
I wonder how long it will be until we see the nuClassics in miniature form.  I know that Shadow Hawk and something else is coming out later quarters of this year, which is great. I'm surprise the Warhammer and Marauder is taking longer. :(

I'm wondering if now that there are five confirmed Classic minis sculpted or at least prototyped and ready for production (Whammie, Marauder, Locust, Shad, OstScout), if there might be an announcement at Gencon regarding the Classics.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #91 on: 10 July 2016, 16:24:33 »
Fingers crossed for some Crusader art love soon!
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #92 on: 10 July 2016, 16:34:31 »
Dunno if you've seen it yet, Feenix, but it is officially confirmed.

Gentlemen, our long interstellar nightmare is now over.

We return you to our regularly scheduled interstellar cataclysm, known as the Succession Wars and everything that followed it  O0

Cheers and thanks Pat, I am on GMT+10 so just read it as I ate breakfast. It is a glorious (if showery, overcast and cold) day.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: 10 July 2016, 17:00:27 »
I think this may be the first time in history I'm actually excited to get a shadow hawk 2H and an ostscout 7J! Normally when I roll those up I curse my luck. Anyway, when they come out I will pick at least one of each. They aren't my favorite classics but I'm so happy to see them again I'll buy them anyway just to celebrate.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #94 on: 10 July 2016, 19:26:49 »
I am curious why IWM is releasing the Shadow Hawk and Ostscout first.  They had the Warhammer for nearly a year.  Perhaps CGL is planning on releasing the Warhammer, Marauder, and Locust as a plastic lance pack.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #95 on: 10 July 2016, 19:34:31 »
Catalyst is the one that has had the Warhammer for a year...not IWM. IWM gets the ok on what to cast & when directly from a group decision at Catalyst  (at least that's what I've been told by IWM). So it's not IWM that made the decision on the Ostscout or Shadow Hawk.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #96 on: 10 July 2016, 20:46:58 »
I am curious why IWM is releasing the Shadow Hawk and Ostscout first.  They had the Warhammer for nearly a year.  Perhaps CGL is planning on releasing the Warhammer, Marauder, and Locust as a plastic lance pack.

IWM has nothings to do with the Classics that will be release in plastic. The warehammer is a 3D print that CGL had done to show off the new design just in time for Gen Con last year.

Catalyst is the one that has had the Warhammer for a year...not IWM. IWM gets the ok on what to cast & when directly from a group decision at Catalyst  (at least that's what I've been told by IWM). So it's not IWM that made the decision on the Ostscout or Shadow Hawk.

Not completely actuate and will leave it at that.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #97 on: 11 July 2016, 02:01:28 »
Back to CM: Kurita, I really appreciated the sidebar on Duke Hassid Ricol. I think it very nicely ties together the early history of this unusual character and lays the seeds for his later treachery as a member of the Black Dragon Society.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #98 on: 11 July 2016, 05:42:34 »
Not completely actuate and will leave it at that.

O0 No problem...that's what I was told from Melissa, so that's all I had to go on.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Kazashi

• Private
« Reply #99 on: 11 July 2016, 06:25:12 »
Campaign Operations and now Combat Manual: Kurita? Add the last half-dozen TtS PDFs and my bank account is giving me worried looks! That's not even taking novel releases into account  :o

It's great to see these products come to fruition. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about some of the more recent developments in the greater BTU, but I'm regularly pleased and surprised with the work CGL puts into these books.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #100 on: 11 July 2016, 06:30:51 »
I'm glad the dam of the drought of big new releases has broke.  This sometimes happens, there was one just before the onslaught of the awesome  Faction-Themed TRO3145 PDF releases came out.

CM Kurita came out, which was very cool, i secretly hope when The Second Succession War come out that Phoenix Hawk LAM will be in there.  I was slightly disappointed it wasn't in CM Kurita, but i guess it be like completely new entry for the Mech.
« Last Edit: 11 July 2016, 16:17:58 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #101 on: 11 July 2016, 07:58:06 »
I think someone said that the LAMs are further down the list for redraws, because we have the Mk Is from TR3085 to stand in for the time being. CGL may have to revise that, as there are only enough conventional 3025-era 'Mechs for three more Combat Manuals, and we need at least four CMs for the remaining Great Houses...

The current tally, by the way, is: Locust, Wasp, Valkyrie, Ostscout, Phoenix Hawk, Griffin (visual only), Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, Archer (visual only), Thunderbolt (visual only), Warhammer, Marauder (visual only), BattleMaster

Remaing Unseen: Stinger, Stinger LAM, Wasp LAM, Phoenix Hawk LAM, Scorpion, Ostroc, Ostsol, Rifleman, Crusader, Longbow, Goliath, Marauder II, Galleon Light Tank, all TR3055 second-line Clan 'Mechs, and the TR3058 ComStar/WoB 'Mechs.
« Last Edit: 11 July 2016, 09:31:53 by ColBosch »
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #102 on: 11 July 2016, 08:14:57 »
The releases over these last couple weeks have made me realize what has been accomplished these last few years....

The Core Rule books....done
Handbook series....done
New Novels.....done with more coming
Plastic miniatures.....done with more coming (at least the Classics)
The Unseen Issue.....gone
New Video game....done (MechWarrior Online) and one on the way (Harebrained Schemes project)
Faster way to play the game (aka Alpha Strike)....done
Faction Dice....done
Connecting the Jihad era to the Dark Age....done
Historicals for the 1st and 2nd Succession Wars.....done and on the way

Heck, even my personal wants for the game are being fulfilled with the mini publications.

Its a great time to be a BattleTech fan!  Here's hoping for many more years of stompy robot goodness!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #103 on: 11 July 2016, 08:33:14 »
Remaing Unseen: Stinger, Stinger LAM, Wasp LAM, Phoenix Hawk LAM, Scorpion, Ostroc, Ostsol, Rifleman, Longbow, Goliath, Marauder II, Galleon Light Tank, all TR3055 second-line Clan 'Mechs, and the TR3058 ComStar/WoB 'Mechs.
And the Crud!  >:(

While we've got art for most of them, a lot of those that you listed as having art haven't appeared yet in a Combat Manual, so there's still more to go around for the rest of the Classics.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #104 on: 11 July 2016, 08:50:43 »
The releases over these last couple weeks have made me realize what has been accomplished these last few years....

Faster way to play the game (aka Alpha Strike)....done

Also, a gorgeous new series of Combat Manuals for that flavor of the game. Which, thanks to CO, are also integrated into classic BattleTech.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #105 on: 11 July 2016, 09:31:26 »
And the Crud!  >:(

While we've got art for most of them, a lot of those that you listed as having art haven't appeared yet in a Combat Manual, so there's still more to go around for the rest of the Classics.

Not enough to have four per Combat Manual without repeats.

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: 11 July 2016, 10:22:48 »
Where did we get the Thunderbolt again?

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #107 on: 11 July 2016, 11:34:18 »
Where did we get the Thunderbolt again?
Draft art for 2nd Succession War, I think.

CDT Special Agent #343

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #108 on: 11 July 2016, 11:55:35 »
In no particular order:

Stinger
Griffin
Scorpion
Rifleman

Crusader
Thunderbolt
Archer
Marauder (has not appeared in a Combat Manual yet)

Goliath
Longbow
Ostroc
Ostsol

Marauder II
Stinger LAM
Wasp LAM
Phoenix Hawk LAM

By my count that's enough for each House yet to come.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #109 on: 11 July 2016, 11:57:31 »
My point was that I recalled someone saying the LAMs are not up for redraws yet. Yeesh, people. :P

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #110 on: 11 July 2016, 12:02:35 »
Whoops, forgot the Valkyrie.  So at most only two short.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #111 on: 11 July 2016, 12:31:14 »
I was really excited to see the Merc battlemech list when the first Combat manual was released, but was still reluctant about the idea since we didn't have any other factions to compare it to.  With the Kuritan mech list available now, I am a lot more comfortable with how the system is shaping up. 

Also, that Marauder mini looks brilliant.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #112 on: 11 July 2016, 13:24:55 »
Cant wait till I see these mini's live of the redos
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #113 on: 11 July 2016, 14:21:43 »
In case anyone is keeping track, that's a core rulebook and a combat manual laid out and published in the span of a week.
Yeah, I'm alive again.

If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #114 on: 11 July 2016, 14:41:40 »

CDT Special Agent #343

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Iron Wind Metals
  • Captain
« Reply #115 on: 11 July 2016, 14:43:45 »
Yeah, I'm alive again.

Who are you again.....

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #116 on: 11 July 2016, 15:24:04 »
This mini talk has confused me more.

The plastics are catalyst and the metal are iron winds? Do they have different "molds"? What has been done in plastic that wasn't in the boxed set?

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #117 on: 11 July 2016, 15:51:24 »

The plastics are catalyst and the metal are iron winds? Do they have different "molds"? What has been done in plastic that wasn't in the boxed set?

IWM has the rights to produce battletech minis in metal.
They typically have worked with CGL to ensure plastic figures and the metal ones match up pretty closely.

Due to costs of injection molded plastic, it is not possible for IWM to produce anything with it (machinery costs alone for plastic injection are in the $100k range and up, plus molds are more expensive).  So all of BT's plastic minis have been made in China (where 99% of injection moulded plastic is done).  There have been rumors for quite some time about a clan box set, vehicle set, etc.  With all the new classic unseen designs, the speculation is that they will do a plastic sets of these designs. Whether this occurs or not, who knows. But IWM will be likely kicking out metal versions of the figures too (as their post about the shadown hawk and ostscout seems to validate)
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #118 on: 11 July 2016, 15:53:12 »

All of the Ironwind Battlemech minis are metal, and are sculpted specifically for metal production by IWM.

Catalyst's plastics are made from entirely separate molds, and will have their own, unique, sculpts for the nuSeen, eventually produced in plastic (we hope - no release plan has been announced).

As was mentioned upthread, CGL showed off some 3D prints for a nuSeen Whammy sculpt at Gencon last year, but nothing has been released for sale. (yet) IWM has officially announced that they will be releasing their own metal sculpts for the Shad and the Ostscout near the end of 2016*, which also bodes well for possible metal versions of more nuSeen in 2017.

* - noting that there are often delays, and that release dates are never guaranteed.
« Last Edit: 11 July 2016, 15:56:48 by klarg1 »

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #119 on: 11 July 2016, 16:30:20 »
IWM has the rights to produce battletech minis in metal.
They typically have worked with CGL to ensure plastic figures and the metal ones match up pretty closely.

Due to costs of injection molded plastic, it is not possible for IWM to produce anything with it (machinery costs alone for plastic injection are in the $100k range and up, plus molds are more expensive).  So all of BT's plastic minis have been made in China (where 99% of injection moulded plastic is done).  There have been rumors for quite some time about a clan box set, vehicle set, etc.  With all the new classic unseen designs, the speculation is that they will do a plastic sets of these designs. Whether this occurs or not, who knows. But IWM will be likely kicking out metal versions of the figures too (as their post about the shadown hawk and ostscout seems to validate)

Weird question from someone that has never been really into minis for any game....what "resolution" are plastic and metal minis to? If you had a home 3d printers 3d modeling skills, and time to run it overnight, would it be more detailed than what is on the market? Would it be noticeable?

I don't understand how much detail is in a mass market product or home created product.