Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!  (Read 186991 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!
« Reply #210 on: 21 July 2016, 22:27:42 »
Additionally XTRO: Succession Wars, Volume 1 kidna says that there will be a Volume 2, is that still going ahead? Further more why wasn't the Prototype equipment from that volume is IO?

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #212 on: 21 July 2016, 22:50:19 »
Is this one of those "hush hush secrets just ignore him" things? Just wondering cuz I like to be ignored I mean who doesn't?

You waited literally 11 hours in the middle of convention season on a Friday night to complain about being ignored.  Quite frankly if I were a Catalyst employee and not a volunteer I'd have ignored it until Monday.

You will get news of novels when there is news of novels to give you.  Unless I miss recall, this is the same answer you were given last time you brought it up.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #213 on: 21 July 2016, 23:07:34 »
how about this: https://blainepardoe.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/clan-wolverine-news/

Wasn't expecting that. Something to add to my reading list...

I know that TROs Golden Century and IrregularTech are a long time coming, but unfortunately they're still in development.

Still happy to hear that they're in progress. Looking forward to the day spoilers for those two show up.

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #214 on: 22 July 2016, 00:12:15 »
You waited literally 11 hours in the middle of convention season on a Friday night to complain about being ignored.  Quite frankly if I were a Catalyst employee and not a volunteer I'd have ignored it until Monday.

You will get news of novels when there is news of novels to give you.  Unless I miss recall, this is the same answer you were given last time you brought it up.
Catalyst employees are answering questions so what are you talking about? And it's the third time it's been ignored.  Just say sorry nothing to share yet don't just IGNORE the fan.  Shows you have either no respect for fellow human beings or your company policy sucks. I mean look how long it took them to do something about Battlecorps??? Bad PR over that site for at least a year with nothing but silence from Catalyst.  But hey I'm the only fan on here it seems asking about novels so what's the big deal right?  Screw him right? He'll be back eventually.  I guess the questions about sourcebooks and dice are more important.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #215 on: 22 July 2016, 00:25:53 »
excellent any news on a new novel yet?

You mean, aside from the "Working on new epubs" from the 20th, and Blaine Pardoe's "Betrayal of Ideals" book about Clan Wolverine?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #216 on: 22 July 2016, 00:43:40 »
kurtl000, here's the situation. No one here has any direct knowledge about novels (or BattleCorps, since you brought it up). Totally different group of people, different development, etc. As far as novels go, I post what I know (and what I'm allowed to). No more than that. Asking repeatedly doesn't change the information I have or what I can share. When information is released about novels (like Blaine's Betray of Ideals), 9 times out of 10 I hear about it in the same fashion as everyone else, and is then filtered into this forum (and thank you Blaine for posting that here).

What I'd recommend is to follow Catalyst on Twitter and/or Facebook (or even tumblr), as that's where any new Shadowrun or BattleTech novel information gets posted first, and if you have questions regarding novels you can ask there, as not only are those accounts manned by myself, but also Randall Bills and John Helfers, who's in charge of CGL's novel lines.

facebook.com/CatalystGameLabs/
@catalystgamelab
catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2016, 00:46:31 by Adrian Gideon »
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #217 on: 22 July 2016, 01:27:50 »
You mean, aside from the "Working on new epubs" from the 20th, and Blaine Pardoe's "Betrayal of Ideals" book about Clan Wolverine?
The new epubs is regarding the legends novels correct? So no those arent new. Betrayal of Ideals isn't new and it was posted AFTER the last time I asked. So what's the point of your comment other than an attempt to make me look silly?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #218 on: 22 July 2016, 02:03:32 »
How about this. Up until recently CGL has not been able to publish any new novels. Now that they can they cannot magically wave their fingers and a new book appears. It takes time to write a book. But before a new book can be written an author must be found. For the moment the ONLY new BattleTech novel in the works that we know about is being written by M Stackpole for the new BattleTech game being developed by HBS.

So, be happy we are able to get novels now. We could still be stuck with short stories on BC ya know. The Legends books are a good start since they are easier to get out the door while new novels are being worked on. CGL has a tiny staff to handle everything so they move at a snails pace at times.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #219 on: 22 July 2016, 03:54:33 »
I think part of the problem might be developing novel strategy. In the classic BT novel line up about half the novel where spine and the other half focused on specific units (Wolves on the Border is a good example of one that bridged the gap, the original Grey Death Trilogy a bad example), but as time went the line blurred.

And when MW:DA came out part of the set up was a NEW novel line that you wouldn't had to have read the old one to understand, and all of the novels in that where spine, or at least look like it. All of this together creates a rather large barrier to entry for NEW readers, so any CGL novel strategy has to take this into account in order to minimize this going forward (At this point the BT novels number over 50, even ignoring cost, that's a lot to read and several forumites have voiced opinions about some of the earlier novels of lesser quality).

Oh, and just to make things worse, any source book fiction and BTC fiction has to be fitted into this as well

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #220 on: 22 July 2016, 03:58:34 »
The new epubs is regarding the legends novels correct? So no those arent new. Betrayal of Ideals isn't new and it was posted AFTER the last time I asked. So what's the point of your comment other than an attempt to make me look silly?
Blaine's article mentions that the novel edition of Betrayal of Ideals will have two new chapters - one at the beginning, and one as an epilogue, and that the epilogue will have people buzzing.

He also mentions that preparing the novel edition of Betrayal of Ideals meant pausing work on the other new BattleTech novel that he's working on - so there's at least one more new novel in the works.

I can't and wouldn't speak for Alexander Knight or anyone else here, but my opinion is that you're acting in a fashion that displays a remarkable degree of entitlement, to the extent that if I were someone working for CGL, I'd resent your tone. Now, I may just be a special internet flower with delicate feelings, but I've always found that it's more likely I'll get an answer to questions about new products from companies if I'm polite, rather than if I'm waving bits of my anatomy around and demanding to be serviced because I Am A Customer.

Adrian's posted the twitter link for the CGL BattleTech account, and I'd definitely recommend following it. I see messages on there from Randall most days, and in the past, he's been happy to swap a few comments with me about all sorts of things, from playing Arkham Horror to vague questions about new products, and those who run the twitter account seem to be genuinely nice and helpful. If you make polite enquiries there, I suspect you've got more chance of getting answers about novels than you have here.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #221 on: 22 July 2016, 06:14:34 »
For the moment the ONLY new BattleTech novel in the works that we know about is being written by M Stackpole for the new BattleTech game being developed by HBS.

There's also this, from back in May.

https://blainepardoe.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/progress-on-my-new-battletech-novel/
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #222 on: 22 July 2016, 06:48:22 »
how about this: https://blainepardoe.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/clan-wolverine-news/

Could we get a hint at the final fate of Clan Woliverine?  Do they meet Comstar?  The world wonders!

Read the BattleCorps stories and they were awesome!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #223 on: 22 July 2016, 07:09:04 »
Could we get a hint at the final fate of Clan Woliverine?  Do they meet Comstar?  The world wonders!

Read the BattleCorps stories and they were awesome!
It all ends in flames. Glorious and beautiful flames. ;)
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #224 on: 22 July 2016, 07:36:41 »
Thanks for the brand new stuff but where's the brand new stuff?
Or am I misunderstanding something?
Same procedure as always  ;)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #225 on: 22 July 2016, 09:50:15 »
Blaine's article mentions that the novel edition of Betrayal of Ideals will have two new chapters - one at the beginning, and one as an epilogue, and that the epilogue will have people buzzing.

Clan Wolverine ilClan confirmed!   OMG.  ;p

More seriously, looking forward to the novel, since I haven't read those stories at all yet and they sound like they'll be interesting.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #226 on: 22 July 2016, 11:11:42 »
Two new chapters.... now I will buy it.

Also now we have a 'canon' Clan Wolverine camo scheme.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #227 on: 22 July 2016, 12:03:14 »
It strikes me as odd that they'd print Betrayer of Ideals (essentially a Battlecorps anthology) before A Bonfire of Worlds - the only BattleTech novel never released in print form.   ???
I have spoken.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #228 on: 22 July 2016, 12:09:16 »
Welcome to the wonderful world of publishing rights. they get messy quickly.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #229 on: 22 July 2016, 12:16:30 »
It strikes me as odd that they'd print Betrayer of Ideals (essentially a Battlecorps anthology)

Not an anthology; it's by only one author, not multiples.
Eh.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #230 on: 22 July 2016, 13:46:08 »
It strikes me as odd that they'd print Betrayer of Ideals (essentially a Battlecorps anthology) before A Bonfire of Worlds - the only BattleTech novel never released in print form.   ???

It's an actual novel though. Was simply serialized on BattleCorps. (As was done with A Bonfire of Worlds as well.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

kurtl000

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #231 on: 22 July 2016, 14:44:06 »
Imagine when Shadows of Faith is finally announced! Money cannons blasting down CGL's doors.  Me asking when the next novel will be............

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #232 on: 22 July 2016, 15:36:51 »
Welcome to the wonderful world of publishing rights. they get messy quickly.
My LIMITED understanding of the situation is that the Dark Age novel line did not include e-publishing, so when DA went belly up e-publishing, and only e-publishing, would be a neat trick to get an already written novel published.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #233 on: 22 July 2016, 15:38:45 »
My LIMITED understanding of the situation is that the Dark Age novel line did not include e-publishing, so when DA went belly up e-publishing, and only e-publishing, would be a neat trick to get an already written novel published.

Almost all of the ROC era Dark Age novels got e-published at the time.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #234 on: 22 July 2016, 17:54:32 »
Almost all of the ROC era Dark Age novels got e-published at the time.

The only DA Novels not published in e-book format is Trial By Chaos (#20), Principles of Desolation (#21), Wolf Hunters (#22), and Surrender Your Dreams (#23). All other books in the line have an e-book. I don't know why these four are not, but that is the way it is.

I always enjoy BattleTech Fiction even republished BattleCorps stories as I was not really a fan of BattleCorps and once I got a kindle hated that the stories only came out in pdf format.
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #235 on: 22 July 2016, 23:31:05 »
Also now we have a 'canon' Clan Wolverine camo scheme.
Actually, that's one of the two we've had for several years.  Gotta love those Calumet High School colors!

CDT Special Agent #343

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #236 on: 23 July 2016, 02:07:44 »
Imagine when Shadows of Faith is finally announced! Money cannons blasting down CGL's doors.  Me asking when the next novel will be............
The preview is in 'Embers of War'
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #237 on: 23 July 2016, 05:40:48 »
Actually, that's one of the two we've had for several years.  Gotta love those Calumet High School colors!

I wasn't aware of a second canon scheme for Wolverine. I knew about the blue/yellow...and I know about the brown/black that isn't canon...but what's the other canon one?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #238 on: 23 July 2016, 06:45:39 »
From the same source of the blue with yellow and white also gave us a yellow with blue and black scheme too.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator

CDT Special Agent #343