Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 238438 times)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
Seems like someone has been spamming the thread.... ;D

Psh, you are just jealous of the cohesiveness of our Clan.  The Bears wish they were this cohesive!  :p
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Psh, you are just jealous of the cohesiveness of our Clan.  The Bears wish they were this cohesive!  :p

You're as cohesive as a kindergarten class 😉
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
You're as cohesive as a kindergarten class 😉

Docked points for lack of universe flavor. To easy to use Creche or Sibkin here.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Cohesiveness? We are literally the Clan built upon on the concept of family?

To be fair I am jealous of your Merchant Fleet, the Tiburon, and maybe on a different level the concept of the fact that your empire is spread about among the Galaxy at large.

But that's why we make pretty decent allies: now to go talk to our other allies the Ravens.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Cohesiveness? We are literally the Clan built upon on the concept of family?

To be fair I am jealous of your Merchant Fleet, the Tiburon, and maybe on a different level the concept of the fact that your empire is spread about among the Galaxy at large.

But that's why we make pretty decent allies: now to go talk to our other allies the Ravens.

The hpg you are calling is no longer available, please check the number and try again.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
The hpg you are calling is no longer available, please check the number and try again.
What?  You got the Raven Alliance all wrong, all wrong I tell you! 

The Ravens make fine allies.  Like an old friend that only sometimes badmouths you when you aren't around. 

And keeps track of circumstantial information to use against you at a time of their convenience.

And only occasionally tries to profit from casting you and your Clan in as negative a light as humanly (and sub-humanly) possible.

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
What?  You got the Raven Alliance all wrong, all wrong I tell you! 

The Ravens make fine allies.  Like an old friend that only sometimes badmouths you when you aren't around. 

And keeps track of circumstantial information to use against you at a time of their convenience.

And only occasionally tries to profit from casting you and your Clan in as negative a light as humanly (and sub-humanly) possible.

So the Snow Ravens are basically all of my friends from when I was in High School, then.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious

So the Snow Ravens are basically all of my friends from when I was in High School, then.

You're just noticing the clans are a edgy degrassi Jr high? 😊

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

Dude.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.  If only because it's a lonely feeling.

I know how it is firsthand.  Loyalty is huge to me, but it's kind of just a word to other people.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?

The Clans are a dysfunctional crash camp sibko.  Like the Steel Vipers' training method; it's designed to be that way.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The Raven Alliance

One of our Watch Agents recorded this from the Chatterweb, long before the HPG systems went down. This record was taken from the Chatterweb in 3116, which would place her in her sibko just before her trial of position.

The work of fiction in question is called Khan Immortal. We offer you Hegira now before you read this piece, feel free to walk away from this digital record now with your honor intact. The Watch agent who initially discovered this went insane and became erratically violent. As such we drew her from reserves and promoted her to a second line Solahma unit. She died honorably at the controls of a Hunchback IIC successfully defending a Trial of Possession declared by a Republic Ghost Bear warrior.

This is your final chance to step away from this datapad. We have annotated this document. The abbrievation WN: stands for Watch Note. We are not sure what Sterling's abbrievation AN stands for. We assume Author's Note.

Khan Immortal by Sterling Mckenna (Age 15)

Chapter 1.

AN: Special Fangs (get it, coz Im goffik) 2 my sibkin bloodwitch 4 helpin me wif da story and spelling. U Rok! Baron ur my sibmate but my feelz 4 u scare me.

Hi my name is Raven Nightmare Bloodscream Kerensky and I have long raven black hair (that is how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Natasha Kerensky (AN: if u don't know who she is get da hell out of here!). [WN: Sterling is an aerospace or naval phenotype. Maybe Natasha Kerensky with a little body and a big head.] I am not related to Devlin stone but I wish I was because he is a major hottie. I am a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. [WN: Under investigation] I have pale white skin. [WN: True.] I am also a witch [Watch Note: Confirmed.] and I go to an academy called Hogarth's [WN: Does not exist.] in the Lyran Comonwelth [WN: Chalcas] where I am in the fifth year (I am fifteen). I am a goth [WN: Confirmed.] (in case you could not tell) and I wear mostly black. Today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. [WN: Not much has changed in 30 years.] I was walking outside Hogarths it was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of nobles stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.

"Hey Raven!" shouted a voice. I looked up. It was... Devlin Stone! (but he was 16!1)
"What is up Devlin?" I asked.
"Nothing." he said shyly."
But then, I heard my sibmate call me and I had to go away! [WN: Why does she have sibmates in a Lyran Academy?)

AN: IS it good? PLZ tell me fangz!

- End

Report to Scientist Sub-caste medical officer Sarah Sea Fox immediately after reading this message.

AN: Full disclosure. The majority of Sterling Mckenna's text is plagerized from the worst fanfiction in the world, "My Immortal" I cleaned it up for Battletech and funny.)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2018, 23:50:39 by Kitsune413 »

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!

Everybody wants something
They’ll never give up
Everybody wants something
They’ll take your money
And never give up!

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
I need some help from my Diamond Shark bretheren. What would a second-line warrior taken prisoner at Tukayyid be piloting?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I need some help from my Diamond Shark bretheren. What would a second-line warrior taken prisoner at Tukayyid be piloting?

Where is he now?

Drewbacca

• Major
Taken in by Comstar and then kicked out.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Second line at best or an IS medium-ish heavy at worse. Most likey a 3045 or so tech.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Taken in by Comstar and then kicked out.

Haha. Not to be redundant, but... Where is he now? Did he make it back to Clan Diamond Shark?

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
My guess? Pulse Laser Pistol. Watch Agent.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
My guess? Pulse Laser Pistol. Watch Agent.

Nah, it would be a spork.  This is EARLY Watch Activities.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

Nah, it would be a spork.  This is EARLY Watch Activities.

;D

They say Clan Diamond Shark's watch was always pretty good actually.. and post wars of reaving they were absolutely lethal.

Drewbacca

• Major
Haha. Not to be redundant, but... Where is he now? Did he make it back to Clan Diamond Shark?

Still working on the details, but what I have is an Omegan galaxy warrior with a HUGE chip in his shoulder, say the freeborn kid of two trueborn warriors who feels slighted, still puts himself in the line of fire to save a Khan who hates him and winds up POW by the Star.

He does his best to fit in as a bondsmen then finally realizes that he isn't one.

Now I just need a way to get him into a mech and out pf any potential "assimilatio facilities."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
The easy answer is Solaris.

If you want him back in Clan Diamond Shark, they are really hurt after Tukayyid. It's not canon particularly, but not a stretch to say that they do a trade with Comstar to get POW's back. Obviously not worth the material for a freebirth bondsman, but maybe if they got bulk POW's back then he can just be part of that trade.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
Well he was CDS right, gets captured and interrogated, becomes " Clan " Comstar, finds out he isn't anymore goes to Solaris and joins the Huntsmen Stables and wins a few impressive matches that takes notice. Remember the " Stablemaster " of Zellbrigen Stables, the other clan-only one, is a " retired " ( yeah right ) CDS merchant named Marcin Hammond ( circa 3077 ). He recruits this ex-DS MechWarrior to fight for the stable and wins enough so that his Codex is re-instated or something like that.

Just an idea.

Far fetched but very doable, just look at the frozen human-sicle aka Devin Stone.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Drewbacca

• Major
What is an iconic Shark mech for the period between the invasion and the jihad?

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
What is an iconic Shark mech for the period between the invasion and the jihad?

Tricky-ish question.  The Sharks were big on selling to everybody and anybody, and likewise, because they had no real major enemies within the Clans (even the Snow Ravens, who they weren't on fantastic terms with, they still dealt with), were able to get pretty much anything they needed.  This means that it is plausible for a Diamond Shark to be piloting almost, and that things that would potentially be iconic Diamond Shark Mechs tended to propagate to everyone VERY quickly.

As I recall, they were a heavy user of the Mad Dog, which is perhaps the most ubiquitous Clan Heavy.  They wound up as producers of the Warhammer IIC, the Phoenix Hawk IIC (thanks to some wheeling and dealing with the Vipers), and at least one of the other IICs that escapes me at the moment.  They produced the Piranha, the Mad Cat II, the Thresher, and the Ha Otoko as well, and I wouldn't be shocked if they had produced other stuff (since Clan Production has always been vague:  the Coyotes are mentioned as having a Dire Wolf facility in WoR that hadn't been mentioned in any previous work to the best of my knowledge).

If you're looking for iconic Diamond Shark Omnis, the one that immediately comes to mind is the Grendel/Mongrel.  And that one was sold to pretty much everyone.

Since my brother has most of the TROs that I enjoyed in my childhood, I feel I am forgetting some iconic Shark Mech somewhere.

drdaniel5

• Recruit
Anyone happen to know what Mech Ian Hawker had during operation revival? I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

(IF you also happen to know what was in his Trinary when they helped take the planet Last Chance with the Jade Falcons, that would be amazing)
« Last Edit: 10 September 2018, 22:29:55 by drdaniel5 »

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
Anyone happen to know what Mech Ian Hawker had during operation revival? I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

(IF you also happen to know what was in his Trinary when they helped take the planet Last Chance with the Jade Falcons, that would be amazing)

I don't think we've ever gotten a scenario where we actually see Hawker pilot a Mech, and now I too am curious.  I am kind of inclined to say Mad Dog, since it was one of the more common Mechs among the Sharks (and really, everyone), but given how cosmopolitan the Sharks are in their Mech selection, it really could be almost anything.

drdaniel5

• Recruit
I don't think we've ever gotten a scenario where we actually see Hawker pilot a Mech, and now I too am curious.  I am kind of inclined to say Mad Dog, since it was one of the more common Mechs among the Sharks (and really, everyone), but given how cosmopolitan the Sharks are in their Mech selection, it really could be almost anything.

Well Sarna describes him as a brilliant mechwarrior and an moron in all other respects, what stats would you think work for him? 2/2?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
1/3...

But give him a non-pulse equipped mech.

Like a Nova Prime.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
That idiot strikes me as a Summoner pilot. Maybe the only summoner pilot in the whole touman.

Register