Author Topic: New releases MegaMek 0.41.21, MegaMekLab 0.1.57, MekHQ 0.3.31  (Read 23894 times)

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
Re: New releases MegaMek 0.41.21, MegaMekLab 0.1.57, MekHQ 0.3.31
« Reply #60 on: 17 August 2016, 15:33:54 »
Good Afternoon,

Quick question, can SSW (Skunkwork Files) be added to megamek just by dropping the files into the folder?

I haven't played Megamek in 3 years and with my home computer dying I am not sure how to get started.
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 17 August 2016, 18:20:10 »
 Someday I will learn how to put some custom dropships off the fan builds in there. I need some combined arms carriers badly.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #62 on: 17 August 2016, 18:33:06 »
Good Afternoon,

Quick question, can SSW (Skunkwork Files) be added to megamek just by dropping the files into the folder?

I haven't played Megamek in 3 years and with my home computer dying I am not sure how to get started.

Simple answer is yes if they are converted to the MTF format.  There is a BUT... SSW is a largely abandoned project so their could be issues with the equipment names between the programs so units made in SSW might not load correctly in MegaMek.

In that case you would have to remake them using MegaMekLab.

Another suggestion is make a Customs folder inside the data\mechfiles folder and keep any customs in their.  It makes it easier to move those units to newer versions of MM as they are released.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 17 August 2016, 18:47:37 »
first error I see is a bad part
Code: [Select]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2
at mekhq.campaign.unit.Unit.initializeParts(Unit.java:1805)
at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:4004)
at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:184)
at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:113)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Same error the 3 times you tried to load the campaign so you have something in your campaign file that is broken. Upload your campaign and any custom units and someone might be able to figure out what happened.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #64 on: 17 August 2016, 20:08:36 »
Something weird is going on with the latest release for me.

I started a new campaign, AtB. Everyone was going fine, but when I took my first contract I noticed my first lance of my company was not available to assign a role. I could deploy them on missions manually, but they did not appear in the contract screen.

I am doing a civil war era campaign. I am fighting CJF at the moment. When I captured some Clan mechs and repaired them to 100%, I am unable to use them in battle. They appear in the Megamek load screen, but when I go to actually deploy they don't show up. Oddly, the two clan omnis I purchased from the unit market did show up. I have enabled allow invalid designs and everything, but still no luck. Would be really nice to be able to field those because I captured a Kraken 2  ::)

I also have the annoying bug where my campaign file seems to become corrupt and I cannot load it. Meaning I lose, sometimes days, of gameplay. Log is attached.

This is a duplicate of what happened to Moleman above.  I've open a bug report on the tracker for it here - Issue with BattleArmor Parts

Do you have a campaign file from before the crash you could attached to that post.

Thanks

PS:Moleman if you read this an campaign file from before could you attached also.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 17 August 2016, 20:27:13 »
That error is related to a BA part.

Same error as Moleman

at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:4004)
   at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:184)
   at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:113)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #66 on: 17 August 2016, 20:35:36 »
Same error as Moleman

This is a duplicate of what happened to Moleman above.  I've open a bug report on the tracker for it here - Issue with BattleArmor Parts

Do you have a campaign file from before the crash you could attached to that post.

Thanks

PS:Moleman if you read this an campaign file from before could you attached also.

Ummm...did you look at the post above yours....
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Bongfu

• Warrant Officer
  • Commander of the Crater Cats
    • North Texas Battletech
« Reply #67 on: 17 August 2016, 21:46:14 »
Here is the campaign file.

I am replicating one of my errors in a new campaign. Which makes me wonder if it has something to do with my settings. I am trying to use a capture Hellbringer, but whenever I try to launch the Megamek game (after the lobby) it doesn't show up as a unit to deploy. Is this some kind of block to keep IS from using Clan-tech? I can field some custom designs I have made, but not a stock Clan Omni.
North Texas Battletech

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 18 August 2016, 06:10:45 »
Is there a how to guide to play through the IP address on YouTube or an instruction manual?
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #69 on: 18 August 2016, 08:36:09 »
Is there a how to guide to play through the IP address on YouTube or an instruction manual?

Not sure if this helps. From our forum.

http://megamek.info/forums/index.php?topic=30.0
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 18 August 2016, 11:42:55 »
I keep getting errors of mechs being illegal.

Akuma (All Versions)
Half of the IS Omni's

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #71 on: 18 August 2016, 15:35:04 »
I keep getting errors of mechs being illegal.

Akuma (All Versions)
Half of the IS Omni's

Something like 80-90% of all mechs are flagged as illegal. IIRC it´s an already known bug that the legal/illegal check isn´t working right.

Switch "Allow illegal units" on in MM options.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #72 on: 18 August 2016, 16:18:17 »
Something like 80-90% of all mechs are flagged as illegal. IIRC it´s an already known bug that the legal/illegal check isn´t working right.

The changes that made a large number of meks illegal were reverted several releases ago.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #73 on: 18 August 2016, 16:52:42 »
Yet it still seems to be cropping up here and there.

As well as issues I know were solved before but for some reason don't seem to be working right again.

Like one of my custom mechs designed in MegaMekLab keeps getting a full ton of machine gun ammo when I only ever put a half ton of ammo on it(part of my what if the half ammo rule for machine guns existed when the original mech was designed series) or not having all the specialty ammunition options I should(current campaign I had a NARC launcher equipped mech with a bunch of missile boats but I couldn't load NARC capable ammo without setting the tech level to Experimental and the era should have allowed NARC capable ammo as Standard tech anyway).

I've got a couple tricks I can try on my end but if they fail I'll be sure to make bug reports.

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #74 on: 18 August 2016, 19:27:22 »
I've got a couple tricks I can try on my end but if they fail I'll be sure to make bug reports.

The primary issue with the illegal units is that the unit files include a code for the tech level of the unit (ie, non-box, standard, advanced, experimental, etc).  The unit validator then compares the TLs of all the equipment to this unit TL.  If the equipment exceeds the unit TL, it's marked as invalid.  We had added TLs for engines, gyros and cockpits, and this ended up causing a lot of units to fail (for example, there's an Archer with an XL engine that's marked as a standard unit, whoever when it was introduced XL engines were advanced tech, so illegal).  The code that checks TLs for engines,  gyros, and cockpits was reverted.  There have since been a lot of equipment TLs/dates updated since then to reflect values in IO.  It's quite possible that this has created some more illegal units.  Reporting specific issues will help get them resolved.

Ultimately, the way things look now is that we will move away from specifying the TL in the unit file, and instead a unit's TL will be derived from the equipment it carries.  This will allow the units TL to adjust based on the game year (so that aforementioned Archer would be advanced when it's introduced, but become standard later).
Member of the MegaMek Team.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #75 on: 18 August 2016, 19:47:09 »
Yeah that has got to be one of the worst decisions Catalyst has made(changing rules levels to reflect availabilities instead of using the already existing availability mechanics they had for other things that would have been just as easy to adapt and be more meaningful since you can't change what books are required anyway without re-doing the books).

I know I've suggested before just kicking that nonsense in the teeth and coming up with something more sensible but I know you guys like to stay true to the rules when possible so it is not likely to be heeded advice.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: 19 August 2016, 00:33:26 »
The primary issue with the illegal units is that the unit files include a code for the tech level of the unit (ie, non-box, standard, advanced, experimental, etc).  The unit validator then compares the TLs of all the equipment to this unit TL.  If the equipment exceeds the unit TL, it's marked as invalid.  We had added TLs for engines, gyros and cockpits, and this ended up causing a lot of units to fail (for example, there's an Archer with an XL engine that's marked as a standard unit, whoever when it was introduced XL engines were advanced tech, so illegal).  The code that checks TLs for engines,  gyros, and cockpits was reverted.  There have since been a lot of equipment TLs/dates updated since then to reflect values in IO.  It's quite possible that this has created some more illegal units.  Reporting specific issues will help get them resolved.

Ultimately, the way things look now is that we will move away from specifying the TL in the unit file, and instead a unit's TL will be derived from the equipment it carries.  This will allow the units TL to adjust based on the game year (so that aforementioned Archer would be advanced when it's introduced, but become standard later).
I missed that rule change. It seems like it will be very confusing. This year the unit is advanced, but next year it is Standard. I see the logic, but I'd rather they didn't change it after doing it differently for so many years, just as I was getting used to it (didn't it used to be Level 1, Level 2, and so forth?).

Vampire_Seraphin

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 19 August 2016, 04:18:09 »

Pretty easy, all you need to do is fire up MM, and choose "connect to game" instead of "start new game." Then you enter the IP and port of the target computer, which you will get from the host. If you ARE the host, you need to setup port forwarding on your router for Java.

http://megamek.info/forums/index.php?topic=30.0

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 19 August 2016, 13:38:16 »

Ummm...did you look at the post above yours....

uhhhh I had that written and was still writing for literally hours when I came back across it in one of the MANY Chrome tabs I had open. Stabbed... Post.

[drool] ::) So uhhhhh no actually but I did read before yours hours earlier :)  O0

necromancer579

• Recruit
« Reply #79 on: 19 August 2016, 20:12:17 »
I don't know where to file suggestions, so I'll put this here:  Sometime in the past few major updates (it's been a while since I last played AtB with MekHQ), the "disallow extinct units and parts" option was added.  I don't suppose it's too much to ask for that to be separated into "disallow extinct units" and "disallow extinct parts"?  I like the idea of not being able to purchase extinct units, but I'd like to be able to maintain the few I still have (or acquire through special missions).

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #80 on: 19 August 2016, 20:24:32 »
would it be possible, without a lot of work, to take the insignia/banners being created here  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=47591.msg1106386;topicseen#new and make them available in the MekHQ TO&E unit insignia files?  I mean, if I create a Sword of Light unit for example, I think I would like to be able to use the insignia meant for it while I'm playing the game as OPFOR to any players I might be running a local game for. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #81 on: 19 August 2016, 21:51:30 »
I have tons of personal insignia/banners that I use I just put them in the folder and boom it is there

camo folder
and also force folder

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #82 on: 19 August 2016, 22:36:53 »
would it be possible, without a lot of work, to take the insignia/banners being created here  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=47591.msg1106386;topicseen#new and make them available in the MekHQ TO&E unit insignia files?  I mean, if I create a Sword of Light unit for example, I think I would like to be able to use the insignia meant for it while I'm playing the game as OPFOR to any players I might be running a local game for.

I'm up for adding them.  But we would need the artists permission first.  We would need a zip file of them and then ensure they are properly sized.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #83 on: 19 August 2016, 23:08:32 »
I have tons of personal insignia/banners that I use *snip*

Anything you mind sharing?

@PurpleDragon
Looking at a few of the files on the first page they are all 400x4?? png files so they would need work most likely. HQ does resize them but they often don't look as good as if they had been resized by someone who knows photoshop/gimp style programs.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
« Reply #84 on: 19 August 2016, 23:58:58 »
Speaking of force images, wasn't someone working on more options for force images a while back? Will that be getting in at some point?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 20 August 2016, 00:03:09 »
I had several in the works but ralgith decided to add an extra dialog that would custom build toe icons from different template parts. He started work on it 6 months ago but RL kinda sucked him away from HQ. Not sure what he has planned for next weekend but I hope its a completed icon editor.

BlueThing

• Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: 20 August 2016, 00:35:30 »
I had several in the works but ralgith decided to add an extra dialog that would custom build toe icons from different template parts. He started work on it 6 months ago but RL kinda sucked him away from HQ. Not sure what he has planned for next weekend but I hope its a completed icon editor.
While I'm happy for any improvements, I have to admit that the icon editor is more exciting to me the it has any rational reason to be. :)

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 20 August 2016, 04:24:10 »
The editor is based off another program called MilSketch. A tutorial for the editor starts https://youtu.be/BMqkzUeedgw?t=13m

The entire milsketch program is pretty neat and I wish we could have something like it (beyond the icon editor) for MekHQ. It would be a rather large task though and there are far more important items that need to be finished first.

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #88 on: 20 August 2016, 11:31:23 »
Speaking of force images, wasn't someone working on more options for force images a while back? Will that be getting in at some point?

here is one

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #89 on: 20 August 2016, 11:38:31 »
Me too

Register