Author Topic: Clan Vehicles in the Mercenaries Kickstarter  (Read 284 times)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Clan Vehicles in the Mercenaries Kickstarter
« on: 24 March 2024, 20:04:25 »
In the interest of Klondike combatants, low-tier 2nd-line forces, and Society hardware -- I was tallying up a list of the upcoming vehicles that could be used in these instances. I was wondering if anyone feels I missed something or included something that doesn't belong.
  • Skulker
  • J Edgar
  • Condor
  • Maxim
  • Bulldog
  • Manticore
  • LRM Carrier
  • SRM Carrier
  • Von Luckner
By implication these would be a good fit for old Star League and early Com Guard formations too.

I wasn't looking to include vehicles that were later produced and adopted by Clan forces as the dates/factions (and therefore suitability) are all over the place -- but those would be interesting to note as well:
  • Hetzer
  • Drillson
  • Pike
  • Demolisher

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Clan Vehicles in the Mercenaries Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2024, 21:33:20 »
Problem w/ the Von Luckner is the Royal version is 2 LB-10X . . . either side by side or over/under I do not think we were ever told.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2024, 23:50:34 »
remember the royal versions where only assigned to the ROYAL regiments, not the entire SLDF
The Suns will shine again

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2024, 12:11:08 »
remember the royal versions where only assigned to the ROYAL regiments, not the entire SLDF
But the Exodus fleet included both Royal and non-Royal line SLDF units. I didn't read the Rules Annex in OP:Klondike to read that there are only upgraded versions of the Von Luckner, just that there are also the two upgrade Royal versions.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2024, 14:34:00 »
yes, but royal designs are uncommon in clan service. probably because between the Pentagon civil war and the Golden century, they were attritted away. SLDF mechs, vehicles, and fighters in clan service tend to be the standard level SLDF gear as a result.

cmerwin

• Master Sergeant
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2024, 17:37:55 »
yes, but royal designs are uncommon in clan service. probably because between the Pentagon civil war and the Golden century, they were attritted away. SLDF mechs, vehicles, and fighters in clan service tend to be the standard level SLDF gear as a result.
Gotcha. Thanks. I think I was fixated on OP mentioning use with KLONDIKE (which is probably what I will use them for).
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.