Author Topic: "Legal" Masters and Minions Designs  (Read 2157 times)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
"Legal" Masters and Minions Designs
« on: 01 October 2014, 08:08:53 »
Rather than make participants play a Guessing Game each year, would it be Possible for CGL to post a list of the Designs they deem to be "Tournament Legal", and thus allowable to be used in the Masters and Minions Events?  I had chosen 3 designs for this year's M&M game at Gen Con, Hoping at least one would be allowed, and NONE of the 3 were in their "Database".   I looked through the back of TRO: Prototypes along with the print TRO: 3145, looking over the charts in the back of each book to see what 'Tech is and is not "Tournament Legal".  Despite the fact that NONE of my choices had any Non-Legal 'Tech, they still weren't in the CGL Database at GC, and so I had to pick something else entirely.  Can someone Please point out what I am not seeing about the Malice MAL-XP, Malice MAL-XT, or Titan TI-1Ar that make them "Illegal" for Tournament use?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

GRUD

• Captain
Re: "Legal" Masters and Minions Designs
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2014, 22:10:51 »
Beuller?  Beuller?  Beuller? 

Is this thing on?   ???

Still no answer after 30 days?  I didn't ask for a solution to World Hunger, or how to fix the U.S. economy.   :-\

You guys OBVIOUSLY have some sort of Database to use at Cons, so is there some reason you can't post it?   ???
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2014, 22:43:30 »
The Master Unit List is what is used. Units that are introductory or standard are allowed.

I cannot say if those units were in that database at the time, if their BV or other critical information was missing, or if the 3145 definitions of standard/experimental were in place at that time, or if there was something else that barred those units from being available to you. But they appear (at a glance) to be listed and viable right now.

Masterunitlist.info is where you can can check for suitable units, and unless anything changes for next year, that should be what's used.

Thanks.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2014, 23:24:31 »
Awesome.  Thanks!   O0

I was SURE before the Con those 3 designs were Tournament legal, so I was puzzled that they weren't useable for the M&M game.   :-\  I'm guessing whomever enters the designs into the MUL only has so much time at their disposal, and I'm sure it takes a while to check ALL the new designs we've seen this year.  Thanks again for the answer!  O0