Author Topic: Collaborative Merc Unit  (Read 29255 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Collaborative Merc Unit
« Reply #120 on: 23 November 2018, 17:35:34 »
Just posted the other half of that lead 'em by the nose strategy...  :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #121 on: 25 November 2018, 08:33:37 »
Here are a couple of pictures of Val (Forza Deici's squad leader).

On a job a few years ago:

Off duty in 3035:

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #122 on: 25 November 2018, 17:07:10 »
Any chance we dragged that Centurion off the field?

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #123 on: 25 November 2018, 17:16:11 »
Nope. The centurion is still active at the time when we finished the battle. The 2 commandos were also inside the prison compound, and they decided not to press their advantage here. There were infantry in the yard as well; they did not play a part in the battle, but they were supposed to present a treat to the mechs if they jumped in. Or so it appeared in the scanners. The locust 1V can be salvaged, though. Qasim and some LRM fire disabled it. Gustav only shot at it once, and failed abysmally; he tended to concentrate his PPC fire on the Scorpions.

My group decided not to press it because they thought that keeping the current mechs as undamaged as possible took priority here. If the group decides to push it, the mech assault on the prison can be resumed (the infantry assault is just beginning after all), but some complications will need to be included to make it interesting :)
« Last Edit: 25 November 2018, 17:29:57 by Elmoth »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #124 on: 25 November 2018, 18:42:06 »
Kitsune gave me some posts to work with over the weekend, and put them (and my responses) up in the "Stefano's Prison Raid" thread.  The complications we've introduced so far are:

1) The first convict freed immediately murdered her cell mate when handed a pistol.  Val (the squad leader) declined to give her more bullets, and admonished her to conserve ammo.

2) Another freed convict emptied her clip into a neighboring cell.  Val handed her another clip and even more sternly admonished her to conserve ammo.  She drove the point home when eliminating the first target.

3) Friendly fire incident around a corner.  That one hasn't been fully resolved yet.  I think Kitsune ran out of time.  I proposed handing off one of the (less murderous) freed convicts to guide Ryan's platoon to Cara Fallone's cell.  I'm figuring about half of the list of convicts to be freed is now armed with pistols and in possession of respirators.  Once the last one is freed (and the second target eliminated), Forza Deici will fall back using tear gas to discourage pursuit.

Also, you say Cornelia Ryan is a woman, but keep using male pronouns (he, him, his vice she, her, hers).  This is confusing me at least.  ???

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #125 on: 25 November 2018, 18:43:22 »
Not a bad result all in all

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #126 on: 26 November 2018, 01:38:09 »
I will check my posts more carefully. I have not written in English regularly for some time and it shows. Thanks for the warning.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2018, 01:51:27 by Elmoth »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #127 on: 26 November 2018, 18:53:23 »
Overall, your English is great.  If you hadn't said something, I'd have thought you were simply a confused native speaker.

Should I just finish out the infantry action?  I have an idea for another complication or two to throw in...

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #128 on: 26 November 2018, 23:51:15 »
Go for it.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #129 on: 27 November 2018, 04:25:38 »
Will do, but it'll have to be tonight after work.  Thanks!

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #130 on: 01 December 2018, 16:08:27 »
So are we still continuing, Stefano's Infantry raid is taking way to long

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #131 on: 01 December 2018, 16:24:06 »
Daryk finished it. Yes we can continue. I am out during the weekend (and had a tough week before). You can post the following steps if you want :) This is the point of making this a  collaborative thing after all. :)

I think that there can be some funky stuff between the deizi and the jumpers. Ryan is unlikely to have seen the operation as clean cut, and all of them know that this is a Famiglia job and might not be fully comfortable with it...
« Last Edit: 01 December 2018, 16:30:07 by Elmoth »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #132 on: 01 December 2018, 18:35:09 »
My main question is where are we supposed to hand off Cara Fallone?  If it's on Galatea, La Famiglia might have something to say about that.  If it's not, she'll at least have 10 loyal bodyguards (wearing body armor and armed with Auto Rifles; the ones we pulled out of the prison with the exception of the "extra" cousin).

I can totally see some conflict between Cornelia and Valentina.  I think it would be much like the opening scenes in Winter Soldier (i.e., "You had your mission, I had mine...").

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #133 on: 01 December 2018, 18:55:12 »
Didn't someone point out that Cara Fallone would be picked up via small craft?

my idea for the unit is to make it bond a little bit (2-3 more missions) and then go for something "low end epic": epic struggle for them, but a minor thing in the greater universe, like a contract with the Illyrian palatinate, lothian leage, fronc reaches, herotitus or some other minor powe struggling with his neighbours and searching for outside help to protect them.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #134 on: 01 December 2018, 18:59:46 »
I love the Lothian League for no good reason... it would be great to eventually pick up a contract to protect them from the Marians.

Someone did suggest she could be picked up via Small Craft, but it sounded to me like a question to the GM vice a statement of fact. Much like where I left Stefano's Prison Break... I wasn't sure where exactly to go at that point, and was hoping from some GM guidance...

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #135 on: 01 December 2018, 20:09:03 »
No it was very much a statement that she would be picked up by small craft by Free Capella

I think Lothian League is too far, maybe pirate hunting around the Tamar March

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #136 on: 01 December 2018, 20:55:44 »
If the Small Craft hand off was part of the contract, that would definitely explain the extra bodies added to the job by La Famiglia.  They'll accompany Cara Fallone wherever she goes, and be equipped by Forza Deici with spare armor and weapons.  The bonus cousin won't be part of that package.  She's going back to Galatea, and will likely join the unit in some "administrative" capacity (she's good with computers, after all).

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #137 on: 01 December 2018, 21:00:33 »
If Cara doesn't get handed over we are going to be looking for a new Mechwarrior for a Wolverine, slightly used but good condition

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #138 on: 01 December 2018, 21:05:21 »
She'll get handed over, just with 10 bodyguards.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #139 on: 01 December 2018, 21:12:43 »
Not enough capacity, seats 6.  Second you don't hand her over alone no payment and no future work is the best case scenario

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #140 on: 01 December 2018, 21:30:31 »
I didn't see "alone" in the contract...

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #141 on: 02 December 2018, 00:53:02 »
I don't thinkTormanos Men or the Dropship Captain, and our ostensibly commander, are going to see it that way.  If you are set on this course of action.  Well I know what the next IC post is going to be.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #142 on: 02 December 2018, 04:35:13 »
IC conflict! Great :D Go for it gentlemen.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #143 on: 02 December 2018, 08:34:23 »
If the small craft only seats 6, Cara could go with 5 bodyguards (the other 5 returning to Galatea).

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #144 on: 02 December 2018, 10:23:40 »
Aren't there any small craft that seat a dozen people?

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #145 on: 02 December 2018, 10:33:37 »
If the small craft only seats 6, Cara could go with 5 bodyguards (the other 5 returning to Galatea).

The other five are tormanos people

Aren't there any small craft that seat a dozen people?

There are but not the ST-46

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #146 on: 02 December 2018, 11:18:38 »
I imagine Cara would negotiate to bring two of her people, then.  That would leave three of Tormana's (aside from the crew).  She's not being handed over in cuffs and shackles.

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #147 on: 02 December 2018, 11:36:22 »
Cara is our "guest" (prisoner) she is in no position to negotiate. Tormano's people want her and her alone or we don't get paid.  I don't think you are going to convince the over two hundred people on ship that we should not hand her over as agreed

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #148 on: 02 December 2018, 11:48:11 »
"Prisoner" with a pistol and vibroblade on her person.  Might need some GM clarification on the contract specifics at this point...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #149 on: 02 December 2018, 12:00:22 »
I imagine Cara would negotiate to bring two of her people, then.  That would leave three of Tormana's (aside from the crew).  She's not being handed over in cuffs and shackles.

Yeah. People who negotiate contracts to do extractions love it when you try and negotiate away their muscle and insert your own. Let me know if you see that payment for doing that job. Pretty sure the MRBC will love it too.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Register