Author Topic: Seeking Battletech Merc contract handouts  (Read 4466 times)

Xephan

• Recruit
Seeking Battletech Merc contract handouts
« on: 28 September 2022, 16:35:53 »
I wanted to see if anyone has found or made a multi page Merc contract in legalese to print out as a handout, I have a group who is really interested in all the admin stuff that goes into a merc campaign and it would have me a lot of time to find examples or generic ones I can adjust rather than making one from scratch.

Lazarus Sinn

• Master Sergeant
Re: Seeking Battletech Merc contract handouts
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2022, 16:56:01 »
I believe the mercenaries handbook had one in it.
Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2022, 16:57:58 »
If you look in the Catalyst Game Labs online store, some of the older products have various examples:

The Mercenaries Handbook has a contract template.
Field Manual: Mercenaries has a contract worksheet.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Xephan

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2022, 17:33:08 »
Thank you both for the responses,

I have both of the listed books, the contract sheet in the Field Manual: Mercenaries is great for game rules and cost/payment calculations and is a easy to follow the The Mercenaries Handbook is a small bit closer to what I am looking for. However what I am seeking would be a much more purposefully complicated document like we would see in business contracts that would be a faux of something used in legal proceedings and would likely be user created.

Rough example

The work to be performed under this contract ("Services") shall be as set forth in Draconis Combine Statements of Work Section 3.2

Provider will exercise its best effort to complete the Services in a professional and diligent manner, on the schedule and at at the price stated in each Statement of work. Provider shall supply, at Providers sole expense, all necessary equipment, tools, materials, and/or supplies, if any, to perform the Services.

If the Draconis Combine (further to be refereed to as "Client") provides any equipment, tools and/or materials it will be exclusively for Client related Projects and will be returned at the conclusion of work described in the Agreement. No subcontractors or consultants shall be engaged to carry out any part of the Service without prior written permission of the Client. Client shall have the right at any time to request the immediate replacement of Provider's personnel.

The Term of this Agreement is for 1 year from the date of its execution by the Provider or until completion of the work described in any Statements of Work, whichever is later.

ect...
« Last Edit: 28 September 2022, 17:39:38 by Xephan »

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2022, 06:29:57 »
Here ya go: Contract Generator. Just be careful, it might actually be binding...

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Dr. Banzai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube.
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2022, 06:53:05 »
Sh!t, went down the rabbit hole and found something delicious: Military Contractor Jobs. They are written out as job descriptions, but it's pretty close. I'm also looking at creating a template for the Contract Generator site if anyone would be interested.

I am not the Dr. Banzai from Facebook/Youtube. That person is a hateful person that does not represent the spirit of Buckaroo Banzai nor its fandom.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2022, 19:24:12 »
Most government contracts are publicly available... talk about legalese!  8)

Xephan

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2022, 05:56:34 »
Thank you Dr. Banzai

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2022, 17:39:36 »
I have attached a Word document version of the original Mercenary's Handbook (FASA 1616). There is a filled in version and a blank. There might be changes from the original, though i don't believe there to be. But I've been using this form for thirty years with updates as computers change so who knows?  ;D
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz