Author Topic: AToW Academy Paths  (Read 13480 times)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
AToW Academy Paths
« on: 18 September 2019, 01:46:44 »
Absolutely!  I just did a first pass at the Faction level down in Fan Rules... Would love your take on those in light of your current work...  :)

First let me say that through some cross comparison I found that the "Military Academy school" in both game where almost identical only real difference was a missing STR bonus in the 3rd version , so I choice to go with a point to point conversion.

« Last Edit: 01 October 2019, 10:35:33 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Re: AToW Character Generation Spreadsheet (Redux)
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2019, 03:58:31 »
Looks good, though I think you missed a "0" after Capellan History.  I see you went with increasing the cost of the module.  For mine, I was trying to stay inside the cost of the original.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2019, 04:21:58 »
Looks good, though I think you missed a "0" after Capellan History.  I see you went with increasing the cost of the module.  For mine, I was trying to stay inside the cost of the original.

Leftover number from the original 3rd stats.

As I said, when I compared at the Attributes, skills and traits from the 3rd and 4th editions of "Military Academy" school path they where identical, only difference was the XP cost and that seemed to line up pretty well also.
So I figured that the schools would be fine varying in cast.
Funny thing is some of the schools came in under 850 even when I added the flex +100. CAPELLA WAR COLLEGE came in at 395.
Not sure if I want to try boosting them or leave as is what do you think.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2019, 04:32:51 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2019, 17:24:12 »
I think the cost should definitely be boosted.  395 for an otherwise quite expensive prerequisite for OCS is cutting it too far back.  And I just realized we should probably move this particular discussion to Fan Rules... is there a Mod in the house?  I think the conversation from Reply #101 up to now needs to be split off and moved to the Fan Rules board.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2019, 12:32:46 »
I think the cost should definitely be boosted.  395 for an otherwise quite expensive prerequisite for OCS is cutting it too far back.  And I just realized we should probably move this particular discussion to Fan Rules... is there a Mod in the house?  I think the conversation from Reply #101 up to now needs to be split off and moved to the Fan Rules board.

I am close to finished with the Major academies.
It has taken longer then I had figured to get this done due to real world issues (finding a job, etc.).
But the end is in sight.
I should have them up before or during this upcoming weekend, but real world has a tendency to kill plans.
Just to reiterate, they schools are based off the paths present in 3rd edition, so that was the prime source material.

Now on to some info on the upcoming academies paths.
1. There will be two types of academies presented.
     a. Standard 830-xp ones that represent mostly, cultural and training differences between the House/ComStar/Etc.
     b. Premier 1000-xp academies representing the most prestigious institutions in their respective realms.
2. They will replace not supplement the existing Military Academy path. (except of the pre-entry requirements If character did not take Prep School or Military School)
3. All path where created keeping the 100-xp flex points to allow for players to add their own personal touch to their time there and to capture the college elective idea.
4. I have included all Prerequisite beside the standard Military Academy path ones inside the path itself, so if you need contact/money/loyalty/etc. to get in it is part of the path.

Just to be clear even with this being the 4th draft opinions and suggestions are welcome. I am not the authority on the academies and if you can make a case for a change I'm open to it.
Now that doesn't mean "I don't like it do it again", "that doesn't fit my vision of that school", or "you screwed up my school" as they will be ignored.
« Last Edit: 30 September 2019, 12:37:55 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Re: AToW Academy Paths
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2019, 15:42:29 »
Cool!  That's a hefty lift, and I'll help where I can!  :thumbsup:

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2019, 10:39:09 »
First Batch, Capellan Academies (Modified 10/5/2019)

Capella War College (1000 XP + Field Costs)
* Required Stage 2 path: Noble or Military School
Prerequisite: If character did not take Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Fast Learner (+300 XP), Connections/CCAF (+100 XP), Combat Sense (+400 XP), Enemy (-200 XP), Compulsion/Elitism (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+15 XP), Blades (+5 XP), Perception (+5 XP), Tactics (+5 XP), Strategy (+5 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training, Basic Training (Naval)
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Military Scientist,
Pilot/Battle Armor, Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces

Liao Conservatory of Military Arts (830 XP + Field Costs)
Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+100 XP), Any 2 other Attributes (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Exceptional Attribute/Any (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+10 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Martial Arts (+10 XP), Small Arms (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
Pilot/Battle Armor, Special Forces

Sarna Martial Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP)
Automatic: [Attributes] BOD (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP), STR (+50 XP), Any other attribute (+100 XP); [Traits] Rank (+100 XP), Reputation/Sarna Supremacist (-200 XP), Alternate Identity (+100 XP), Natural Aptitude (+200 XP), Toughness (+200 XP), Vehicle Level (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+10 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Perception (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training, Technician – Military
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Ship’s Crew

Sian Center for Martial Disciplines (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), EDG (+100 XP), CHA (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+20 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+15 XP), Blades (+15 XP), Perception (+15 XP), Protocol/ Capellen Confederation (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Special Forces, Military Scientist

St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-50 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP), INT (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+15 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Science/Any (+20 XP), Computers (+10 XP), Language/Any (+10 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Strategy (+20 XP), Tactics/Any (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout

Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), INT (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History  (+10 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+10 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Any 3 Technician (+10 XP), Computers (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training, Basic Training (Naval), Technician – Military
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Engineer
Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Military Scientist, Special Forces

Let me know what you think and any error you find.
P.S. I will be converting these to a PDF format, if you want I can post a link to my drop box for them.
And if I have the time and desire I may even gussy them up with a AToW border. >:D
« Last Edit: 05 October 2019, 17:45:39 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2019, 14:56:12 »
Fed Sun Academies (Modified 10/6/2019)

Albion Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+150 XP), DEX (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+150 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/New Avalon (+100 XP), Compulsion/Rivalry NAIS College of Military Sciences (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+10 XP), Running (+15 XP), Perception (+5 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Military Scientist,

Armstrong Flight Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), WIL (+150 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+150 XP), Rank (+200 XP), G-Tolerance, (+100 XP), Vehicle  (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+10 XP), Perception (+25 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training (Naval), Technician – Military
Advanced (+1 year): Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip, Pilot/Warship

Filtvelt Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Character must have the “Outback” Affiliation.
Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP).
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Outback (+100 XP), Reputation/Graduate of a "2nd-Rate" AFFS Academy (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+15 XP), Perception (+10 XP, Swimming (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Pilot/Battle Armor

Kilbourne Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Character must have the “Draconis March” Affiliation.

Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP).
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Draconis March (+100 XP), Compulsion/Paranoid (Big Brother is Watching) (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+15 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Swimming (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Pilot/Battle Armor

NAIS College of Military Sciences (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), INT (+150 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Compulsion/Rivalry Albion Military Academy (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+10 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+20 XP), Perception (+20 XP), Interest or Science/Any (+15 XP), Computers (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP),Strategy (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,

Point Barrow Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+150 XP), DEX (+150 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces

Robinson Battle Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+200 XP);
[Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Sandoval Family  (+200 XP), Compulsion/Hates Draconis Combine (-100 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to Sandoval Family (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Strategy (+20 XP), Tactics/Any (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Sakhara Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Reputation (+200 XP), Connections/Federated Suns  (+200 XP), Natural Aptitude/Strategy  (+150 XP), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP), Wealth (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+10 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Military History (+20 XP) Strategy (+20 XP), Tactics/Any two (+15 XP), Language/Any two not already possess (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Special Forces

Tikonov School of Military Discipline (1000 XP + Field Costs) Note: during CC ownership change Affiliations
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+250 XP);
 [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Toughness (+300 XP), Reputation/Tikonov separatist (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+30 XP), Perception (+25 XP), Streetwise/Tikonov Reaches (+25); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Ship’s Crew, Technician – ’Mech,

War College of Goshen (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP),
 WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Natural Aptitude/Strategy (+200), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+25 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Military History (+20 XP),Interest/Philosophies of War (+20 XP), Interest/Philosophies of Peace (+20 XP), Strategy (+20 XP), Any 3 Tactics (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor

Warrior’s Hall (830 XP + Field Costs)
[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Compulsion/Hates Capellan Confederation (-100 XP), Reputation/Capellan March (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+15 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Capellan March History (+25 XP), Leadership (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 13:43:36 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2019, 14:58:26 »
Sorry that's it for today and at lest till Thursday, as I'm going out of town and hate working on this stuff on my laptop. :-\

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2019, 15:51:31 »
That's probably going to take me the weekend to get through as is... a phenomenal amount of work!  :thumbsup:

Seriously, as tired as work makes me during the week, I won't have the energy for bit checks until the weekend.  Hopefully you won't get too much more up before then!  8)

As far as an AToW border, HELL YES!  >:D

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2019, 14:09:25 »
That's probably going to take me the weekend to get through as is... a phenomenal amount of work!  :thumbsup:

Seriously, as tired as work makes me during the week, I won't have the energy for bit checks until the weekend.  Hopefully you won't get too much more up before then!  8)

As far as an AToW border, HELL YES!  >:D

Sorry for more of a load. ;)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 03 October 2019, 14:12:33 »
Draconis Combine Academies. (Modified 10/6/2019)

Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Combat Sense (+300 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita
(-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Any Military Science (+10 XP), Martial Arts (+10 XP), Melee Weapons (+10 XP), Tactics/Land (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout

DEST Training Center at Sun Zhang (1000 XP + Field Costs)
*Must choose one from each of Basic/Advanced/Special

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+200 XP), CHA (-150 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+300 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Combat Sense (+300 XP), Pain Resistance (+300 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita (-300 XP), In for Life (-300 XP); [Skills] Martial Arts (+10 XP), Melee Weapons (+10 XP), Tactics/Land (+30 XP), Acrobatics/Free-Fall (+5 XP), Demolitions (+10 XP), Small Arms (+10 XP), Stealth (+10 XP), Survival/Any (+10 XP), Tracking/Any (+5 XP)
*Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training
Advanced (+1 year): Infantry, MechWarrior, Scout
Special (+2 years): Special Forces

Aerospace and Interstellar Institute (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+15 XP), Interest/Naval History (+20 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+15 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Navigation/Space (+20 XP), Small Arms (+15 XP), Zero-G Operations (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training (Naval)
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Ship’s Crew

An Ting University (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Exceptional Attribute/ Edge (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout

Dieron District Gymnasium (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Exceptional Attribute/ Edge (+150 XP); [Skills] Martial Arts (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior
Special (+2 years):  Special Forces

Dover Institute for Higher Learning (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] DEX (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections/House Kurita (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+20 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Small Arms (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Military Scientist, Special Forces, Planetary Surveyor

Galedon Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+200 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Toughness (+250 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+20 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Small Arms (+20 XP), Tactics/Land (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Pagoda for Luthien Officers (1000 XP + Field Costs)
*Must Take OCS as next path.     
XP), WIL (+100 XP), CHA (+50 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/House Kurita (+250 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to Coordinator (-200 XP), Wealth (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+25 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+25 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat)

Sun Tzu School of Combat (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+150 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Fit (+100 XP), Reputation/Graduate of a "2nd-Rate" Academy
(-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+10 XP), Running (+20 XP), Swimming (+20 XP), Any 3 Tactics (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

University of Proserpina (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Combat Sense or Natural Aptitude/combat skill (+300 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
« Last Edit: 09 October 2019, 13:52:11 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 03 October 2019, 14:14:37 »
Lyran Commonwealth/Alliance Academies (Modified 10/6/2019)

Alarion Naval Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-100 XP), RFL (+125
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+125 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Zero-G Operations (+10 XP), Navigation/Space (+10 XP), Interest/Naval History (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Ship’s Crew

War College of Tamar (Till 3051)/Martial Academy of Bolan (After 3053) (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), INT (+100 XP), ; [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Wealth (+100 XP), *Reputation/New Academy Graduate (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+15 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Streetwise (+20 XP), Acting (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)

*War College of Tamar- replace with Compulsion/Hates Draconis Combine (-100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

War College of Buena (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), INT (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP), CHA (-50 XP); [Traits] Connections (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Toughness (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Running (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Tactics (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace

Coventry Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+100 XP);
[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Combat Sense (+200 XP); [Skills Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Small Arms (+10 XP), Survival (+10 XP), Tactics (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Nagelring (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), CHA (+100 XP), EDG (+50 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections /Tharkad (+100 XP), Connections /LCAF (+100 XP), Wealth (+100 XP), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/SLDF History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Interest/Winter Sports (+10 XP), Strategy (+10 XP), Tactics (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Ship’s Crew

Pandora College of Military Science (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), WIL (+150 XP); [Traits] Rank (+100 XP), Equipped (+100 XP), Toughness (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+10 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Small Arms (+10 XP), Survival (+10 XP), Support Weapons (+10 XP), Tracking (+10 XP), Technician/Mechanical (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, Pilot/DropShip, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer, Ship’s Crew

Royal New Capetown Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+100); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Gregarious (+100 XP), Reputation/New Capetown Graduate (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+25 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+25 XP), Perception (+15 XP), Interest/Race Relations (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Special Forces

Sanglamore (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+150 XP), CHA (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Skye (+150 XP), Connections/LCAF (+100 XP), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+40 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Skye History (+20 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Strategy (+15 XP), Tactics (+15 XP), Melee Weapons (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

Flight Academy of Thorin (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-200 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+100); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+10 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Technician/Electronics (+10 XP), Technician/Mechanical (+10 XP), Technician/Nuclear (+10 XP), Tactics/Space (+10 XP), Tactics/Air (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 14:26:36 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 03 October 2019, 18:42:26 »
One quick note (despite an even longer than usual day today): that DEST Training isn't really a "field".  Just chop "field" off the name and make it a module like OCS (i.e., an exception to the rule about no more than one school of any particular type... I used the particular language in the Staff College thread I did, which can be most easily found through the link in my signature).

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 03 October 2019, 20:30:40 »
One quick note (despite an even longer than usual day today): that DEST Training isn't really a "field".  Just chop "field" off the name and make it a module like OCS (i.e., an exception to the rule about no more than one school of any particular type... I used the particular language in the Staff College thread I did, which can be most easily found through the link in my signature).
I saw it as kind of a Special forces field replacement, but you could be right.
The point value is with the -7 skills x 6-xp formula from the fields rules, so if I didn't make it a field its cost would go up by 42-xp.
No sure if It will work if I do that, but here you go.
Modified it let me know if this works.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 20:42:41 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2019, 03:28:41 »
For what it gives, I think the higher cost is appropriate.  This weekend, I'll play around with it and see if a Field would make more sense.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2019, 07:12:14 »
While I know this is for the major houses, I will wait patiently for the conversion of Collegium Bellorum Imperium.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2019, 11:14:07 »
While I know this is for the major houses, I will wait patiently for the conversion of Collegium Bellorum Imperium.
Never said it was only for major houses
Should be the out in a day or two.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
« Reply #18 on: 04 October 2019, 14:43:20 »
Never said it was only for major houses
Should be the out in a day or two.
Ave, Caesar!

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2019, 15:24:27 »
Free Worlds League Academies

Aitutaki Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections/ Regulan (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Survival (+10 XP), Blade (+10 XP), Navigation/Ground (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Vehicle

Allison MechWarrior Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Reputation/Selected by Thomas Marik (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+20 XP), MedTech (+15 XP), Small Arms (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Athene Combat School (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+150 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Toughness (+300 XP), Rank (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+30 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+20 XP), Navigation/Ground (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Scout, Technician – Vehicle, Technician – ’Mech, Engineer

Legionary Training Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Toughness (+225 XP), Rank (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat)

Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+150
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] G-Tolerance (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Reputation/Free Worlds League (+200 XP);
[Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Martial Arts (+10 XP), Navigation/Space (+15 XP), Zero-G Operations (+20 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Engineer, Ship’s Crew

Princefield Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+150 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Reputation/ Princefield Graduate (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Blade (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+20 XP), MedTech (+10 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Orloff Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Stage 1 must be Nobility
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), CHA (+100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Custom Vehicle (+200 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Wealth (+200 XP), Reputation/ Orloff Graduate (+100 XP), Compulsion/Elitism (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+15 XP), Leadership (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
« Last Edit: 04 October 2019, 16:52:55 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2019, 15:52:08 »
I'm going to have a busy weekend, I see! Not that that's a bad thing...  ^-^

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2019, 16:20:15 »
Periphery Academies

Canopian Institute of War (830 XP + Field Costs)
(Magistracy of Canopus or Capellan with GM permission Affiliation only)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), *Connections/Magistracy of Canopus (+100 XP);
[Skills] Interest/Any Military Science (+15 XP), Sensor Operations (+15 XP), Tactics (+20 XP), Gunnery/Any (+15 XP), Piloting/Any (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat)

Collegium Bellorum Imperium (1000 XP + Field Costs)
(Marian Hegemony Affiliation only)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), INT (+100 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Reputation/Marian Hegemony (+100 XP), Compulsion/Loyal to Marian Hegemony (-150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marian History (+20 XP), Interest/ Roman History (+20 XP), Protocol/Marian Hegemony (+20 XP), Language/Latin (+20 XP), Tactics/Land (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

Columbia Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
(Outworlds Alliance, Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus, Federated Suns, Draconis Combine, or ComStar Affiliation only)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), DEX (+100 XP), RFL (+200
XP), WIL (+100 XP), CHA (-100 XP); [Traits] G-Tolerance (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Reputation/Outworlds Alliance (+100 XP);
[Skills] Interest/Military History (+20 XP), Navigation/Space (+20 XP), Protocol/Outworlds Alliance (+10 XP), Zero-G Operations (+30 XP), Interest/Any (+15 XP), Interest/Any (+15 XP), Piloting/Aerospace or Spacecraft (+20 XP), Gunnery/Aerospace or Spacecraft (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 15:24:19 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2019, 16:25:16 »
I'm going to have a busy weekend, I see! Not that that's a bad thing...  ^-^

Sorry for the load. :thumbsup:
Last one for a bit as I am burned out. xp
Only really have ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR, and Mercs left, so I figure this is a good place to stop for now.

Ave, Caesar!

As requested Collegium Bellorum Imperium up tell me what you think.
Moved Periphery Academies in front of ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR for you.  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #23 on: 04 October 2019, 16:27:04 »
No worries on the load... you'll just have to wait until I'm caught up from sleep from this week...  :P

I'll be interested to see what you do for Blackjack.  That's my favorite academy of all time...  :)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 04 October 2019, 16:41:05 »
No worries on the load... you'll just have to wait until I'm caught up from sleep from this week...  :P

I'll be interested to see what you do for Blackjack.  That's my favorite academy of all time...  :)

Unfortunately, due  to it's destruction by the Jade falcon before any of the academies where given stats , I have no info to work up Blackjack.
If you can provide some info on the academy other then the basic provided on sarna.net I would be happy to add it to the Lyran Academies.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2019, 16:52:06 »
Bummer!  I'll see what I can dig up (or propose) after I do my promised bit checks this weekend.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2019, 04:06:11 »
Sorry for the load. :thumbsup:
Last one for a bit as I am burned out. xp
Only really have ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR, and Mercs left, so I figure this is a good place to stop for now.

As requested Collegium Bellorum Imperium up tell me what you think.
Moved Periphery Academies in front of ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR for you.  :thumbsup:
I like it.  Especially taking into account that the Marians in all their lovely resourcefulness are selling solidly designed battle armor, you'd hope they know how to use their own product.  And it reflects the short time they had to learn how to use it, unless they got some Free Worlds folks to start teaching.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2019, 08:01:32 »
OK, starting way back with the Capellans:

Capella War College comes out to 1,005 XP (probably shave 5 XP from one of the 15 XP skills).
Liao Conservatory of Military Arts checks at 830 XP
Sarna Martial Academy comes out to 1,095 XP, and has a stray "+2" left over from 3rd edition
Sian Center for Martial Disciplines checks at 830 XP
St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences only comes up to 730 XP (vice 830)
Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology comes out to 835 XP

I do have 3rd edition somewhere around here, and can further bounce these against that if you like... for now, I'm literally just doing the bit checks to make the math adds up...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2019, 08:07:42 »
I just got the green light to play a game one state north of here... it'll probably be a while before I can do the next batch...

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2019, 17:29:27 »
OK, starting way back with the Capellans:

Capella War College comes out to 1,005 XP (probably shave 5 XP from one of the 15 XP skills).
Liao Conservatory of Military Arts checks at 830 XP
Sarna Martial Academy comes out to 1,095 XP, and has a stray "+2" left over from 3rd edition
Sian Center for Martial Disciplines checks at 830 XP
St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences only comes up to 730 XP (vice 830)
Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology comes out to 835 XP

I do have 3rd edition somewhere around here, and can further bounce these against that if you like... for now, I'm literally just doing the bit checks to make the math adds up...

After a second check most if not all error seem to be during transfer from excel to word as the excel sheet seem to have the proper XP.

Errors corrected.
« Last Edit: 05 October 2019, 17:43:58 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: 05 October 2019, 18:10:27 »
Found transfer errors in Fed Suns list also.
It have been corrected, but I will be doing a sweep through the list before I post any new work.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 05 October 2019, 19:02:07 »
Last night I compiled a list of missing Academies from the fiction.
So far I have been able to find the following.

Liao: Sian University (Officer Training).

Davion: None I can find.

Kurita: Haciman Technical Institute, Minoru Kurita University, Wisdom of the Dragon (Officer Training), Algedi War College (3075).

Steiner: Blackjack School of Combat, The Military Academy of Somerset.

Marik: None I can find. (Humprey's Training Academy is the Legionary Training Academy under ts original name)

Taurian Concordat: École Militaire

Fronc Reach: The Marshalry Academy.

Work on these Academies may be done (see below) if enough Information can be compiled.
I will not be doing any Academies that are jihad or post-jihad, and any academy marked as (Officer Training) will most likely not be done anytime soon as the OCS seems to be way different in the two games. (May cave to request)

If you know of, or have info on a canon Academy not listed in the main list (Mercs/ComStar/WoB/FFR still to come) or here, Please let me know.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #32 on: 06 October 2019, 08:49:35 »
All the revised Capellan schools look good.

For Davion, most check out, but:
I only get 820 for Robinson vice 830.
I get 1,015 for Sakhara vice 1,000.
Warrior's Hall as the correct math, but "Connections/Capellan March" should just be "Connections".

I wanted to get those up first.  Now on to the Combine!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #33 on: 06 October 2019, 09:28:05 »
Sun Zhang comes up to 1,060 vice 1,000 XP.

For the DEST Training, I recommend the following:

Replace "DEST Training" with "Special Forces" in the main Sun Zhang Field List, then build DEST Training like this:

DEST Training (250 XP + Field Cost)
Prerequisites: Beyond Kuritan Affiliation, the character must possess the Special Forces Field prior to taking this training, in addition to either the Infantry, MechWarrior, or Scout Fields, as well as at least BOD 4, RFL 5, and WIL 6.
Automatic: [Traits]: Pain Resistance (+300 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Equipped (+200 XP), In for Life (-300 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita (-200 XP); [Skills] Tactics/Infantry (+40 XP); [Flexible XP] (+110 XP)
Fields
Special (+1 year): Special Forces
Note: DEST Training falls under the same Stage 3 exception as Officer Candidate School regarding repeating schools of the same type (AToW, page 71 refers).

Doing it this way ensures DEST members have at least 60 XP in Special Forces skills.  Those who take the Special Forces Field but not DEST Training are basically "DEST wash outs".

As opposed to a special military school, I think organizations like the Rabid Foxes and Loki do this via the expedient of taking Special Forces soldiers and sending them to Intelligence Operative Training (which is a different type of school), which nets them the Basic Training, Covert Operations or Scout, and Special Forces fields a second time.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #34 on: 06 October 2019, 09:41:22 »
As for the rest of the Kurita academies:

AII comes up to 1,025 vice 1,000.
An Ting comes up to 880 vice 830.
Dieron is OK.
Dover is OK.
Galedon is OK.
The Pagoda for Luthien Officers comes up to 1,000 vice 830, but I think that may be a top line error vice math (i.e., you meant it to be 1,000).
Sun Tzu is OK.
Proserpina is OK.

On to the Lyrans next!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #35 on: 06 October 2019, 09:57:49 »
Lyran Schools:

Alarion comes up to 930 vice 830.
Tamar/Bolan also comes up to 930 vice 830.  This might be due to the extra line about replacing -100 Reputation with Compulsion/Hatred.
Buena makes it 3 for 3 at 930 vice 830.
Coventry breaks the streak and is OK.
The Nagelring is OK on math, but "Connections/LCAF" should just be "Connections".
Pandora only comes up to 780 vice 830.
New Capetown comes up to 1,030 vice 830. ???
Sanglamore is OK on math, but "Connections/Skye +150" and "Connections/LCAF +100" should just be "Connections +250".
Thorin is OK.

New Capetown was the strangest one of that batch.  On to the FWL!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #36 on: 06 October 2019, 10:05:51 »
FWL Schools:

Aitutaki comes up to 835 vice 830, and "Connections/Regulan" should just be "Connections"
Allison is OK.
Athene is OK.
LTA is OK.
LM-SAS is OK.
Princefield is OK.
Orloff is OK.

That went pretty quick... Periphery schools next...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #37 on: 06 October 2019, 10:12:26 »
Only three of these, so this should go quick:

CIW is OK on math, but "Connections/MoC" should just be "Connections".
CBI comes up to 1,010 vice 1,000, and "Connections/MH" should just be "Connections".
Columbia is OK.

Whew!  That was quite the list... did you want me to bounce any of it off the MW3e book?

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 06 October 2019, 13:39:26 »
Sun Zhang comes up to 1,060 vice 1,000 XP.

For the DEST Training, I recommend the following:

Replace "DEST Training" with "Special Forces" in the main Sun Zhang Field List, then build DEST Training like this:

DEST Training (250 XP + Field Cost)
Prerequisites: Beyond Kuritan Affiliation, the character must possess the Special Forces Field prior to taking this training, in addition to either the Infantry, MechWarrior, or Scout Fields, as well as at least BOD 4, RFL 5, and WIL 6.
Automatic: [Traits]: Pain Resistance (+300 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Equipped (+200 XP), In for Life (-300 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita (-200 XP); [Skills] Tactics/Infantry (+40 XP); [Flexible XP] (+110 XP)
Fields
Special (+1 year): Special Forces
Note: DEST Training falls under the same Stage 3 exception as Officer Candidate School regarding repeating schools of the same type (AToW, page 71 refers).

Doing it this way ensures DEST members have at least 60 XP in Special Forces skills.  Those who take the Special Forces Field but not DEST Training are basically "DEST wash outs".

As opposed to a special military school, I think organizations like the Rabid Foxes and Loki do this via the expedient of taking Special Forces soldiers and sending them to Intelligence Operative Training (which is a different type of school), which nets them the Basic Training, Covert Operations or Scout, and Special Forces fields a second time.

The problems I was facing with this school come from the fact that
1. DEST is not a school but Sun Zhang training version of special forces.
2. It is only available at Sun Zhang.
3. In third it is a sub-path of Sun Zhang.
4. Unlike, Rabid Foxes and Loki, it is not available at the Internal Security College and intentionally left only to the military.

While I do agree with putting back Special Forces for those that don't make the DEST cut, it's connection to Sun Zhang and the boost it adds to the  Special Forces fields needs to be kept to keep the feel of what it represents.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 06 October 2019, 13:40:54 »
All the revised Capellan schools look good.

For Davion, most check out, but:
I only get 820 for Robinson vice 830.
I get 1,015 for Sakhara vice 1,000.
Warrior's Hall as the correct math, but "Connections/Capellan March" should just be "Connections".

I wanted to get those up first.  Now on to the Combine!

The issues with doing these by myself on such a mass scale.
Things slip through on editing. lol

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 06 October 2019, 14:04:28 »
Lyran Schools:

Alarion comes up to 930 vice 830.
Tamar/Bolan also comes up to 930 vice 830.  This might be due to the extra line about replacing -100 Reputation with Compulsion/Hatred.
Buena makes it 3 for 3 at 930 vice 830.
Coventry breaks the streak and is OK.
The Nagelring is OK on math, but "Connections/LCAF" should just be "Connections".
Pandora only comes up to 780 vice 830.
New Capetown comes up to 1,030 vice 830. ???
Sanglamore is OK on math, but "Connections/Skye +150" and "Connections/LCAF +100" should just be "Connections +250".
Thorin is OK.

New Capetown was the strangest one of that batch.  On to the FWL!

These connections are part of the path or were requirement/ fluff in 3rd I used to flesh-out the academies during the conversions.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #41 on: 06 October 2019, 14:09:40 »
The problems I was facing with this school come from the fact that
1. DEST is not a school but Sun Zhang training version of special forces.
2. It is only available at Sun Zhang.
3. In third it is a sub-path of Sun Zhang.
4. Unlike, Rabid Foxes and Loki, it is not available at the Internal Security College and intentionally left only to the military.

While I do agree with putting back Special Forces for those that don't make the DEST cut, it's connection to Sun Zhang and the boost it adds to the  Special Forces fields needs to be kept to keep the feel of what it represents.
Ah, I didn't realize DEST were only Sun Zhang.  That makes the DEST quite a bit smaller than I thought.  I think the easiest thing to do would be to simply make Sun Zhang a prerequisite for the "school".

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: 06 October 2019, 14:34:58 »
Ah, I didn't realize DEST were only Sun Zhang.  That makes the DEST quite a bit smaller than I thought.  I think the easiest thing to do would be to simply make Sun Zhang a prerequisite for the "school".
I'll work on clearing it up after I get the other paths fixed.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #43 on: 06 October 2019, 14:36:36 »
Cool!  Let me know if there's anything else you need me to do...

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 06 October 2019, 14:46:35 »
Only three of these, so this should go quick:

CIW is OK on math, but "Connections/MoC" should just be "Connections".
CBI comes up to 1,010 vice 1,000, and "Connections/MH" should just be "Connections".
Columbia is OK.

Whew!  That was quite the list... did you want me to bounce any of it off the MW3e book?

Went over Excel, PDF and web post 3 times each and can't fine the extra 10-xp you are finding?
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 14:50:12 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #45 on: 06 October 2019, 14:59:05 »
I've done CBI three times now with a calculator:
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), INT (+100 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP) = 450 XP

[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Reputation/Marian Hegemony (+100 XP), Compulsion/Loyal to Marian Hegemony (-150 XP) = 350 XP

[Skills] Interest/Marian History (+20 XP), Interest/ Roman History (+20 XP), Protocol/Marian Hegemony (+20 XP), Language/Latin (+20 XP), Tactics/Land (+15 XP), Perception (+15 XP) = 110 XP

[Flexible XP] (+100 XP) = 100 XP

450 + 350 + 110 + 100 = 1,010 XP

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: 06 October 2019, 15:26:03 »
I've done CBI three times now with a calculator:
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), INT (+100 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP) = 450 XP

[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Reputation/Marian Hegemony (+100 XP), Compulsion/Loyal to Marian Hegemony (-150 XP) = 350 XP

[Skills] Interest/Marian History (+20 XP), Interest/ Roman History (+20 XP), Protocol/Marian Hegemony (+20 XP), Language/Latin (+20 XP), Tactics/Land (+15 XP), Perception (+15 XP) = 110 XP

[Flexible XP] (+100 XP) = 100 XP

450 + 350 + 110 + 100 = 1,010 XP

Yeah it was right on the excel and PDF, but some how I kept missing the 5 extra points on perception and tactics on the web post.  :facepalm:

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: 06 October 2019, 15:27:45 »
Cool!  Let me know if there's anything else you need me to do...

So I redid DEST as a training center attached to Sun Zhang by name only.
Tell me what you think.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #48 on: 06 October 2019, 16:01:45 »
Looks like it works, but don't forget to delete "DEST Training" as a Field from the regular Sun Zhang track.  My only real concern here is that it takes no longer than a regular Sun Zhang education, so there's less chance of weeding out the unsuitable.  That's one of the reasons I liked it as an additional school in the vein of OCS.

As for CBI, that's why I use a calculator when I don't get the right numbers in my head, and then double check them with the calculator before posting.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 07 October 2019, 15:22:16 »
Sorry for the no post no update, been taking a breather from working on this.
Was becoming more of a chore then something I wanted to do.
Will probably be back at it in a day or two.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #50 on: 07 October 2019, 15:54:16 »
No worries... the work week is back in swing, so I'll probably be a bit slow responding myself.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 09 October 2019, 12:29:01 »
Mercenary Academies (10/09/2019)

Northwind Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Interest/Northwind Highlanders History (+20 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Protocol/Northwind Highlanders (+15 XP), Swimming (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Ship’s Crew, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Pilot/JumpShip

Outreach Mercenary Training Command (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Interest/Military History (+10 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Protocol/Affiliation (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Appraisal (+15 XP) , Streetwise (+10 XP), Scrounge (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scout, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: 09 October 2019, 13:41:34 »
Free Rasalhague Republic-Word of Blake- ComStar Academies (Modified 10/12/2019)

Tyra Miraborg Memorial Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Free Rasalhague Republic Only

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Free Rasalhague Republic (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Free Rasalhague Republic History (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Protocol/Free Rasalhague Republic (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Technician – ’Mech, Ship’s Crew,
Technician – Aerospace
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Military Scientist, Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces

Frihet Training Facility (830 XP + Field Costs)
Free Rasalhague Republic Only

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+200 XP), RFL (+125 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Free Rasalhague Republic History (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Protocol/Free Rasalhague Republic (+15 XP), Swimming (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – Vehicle

Sandhurst Royal Military College (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Word of Blake- ComStar Only

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Blades (+30), Interest/Teachings of Blake (+15 XP), Protocol/Word of Blake (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP) Martial Arts (+5 XP), MedTech (+5 XP), Small Arms (+5 XP), Any 4 Basic Training Skills (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

War college of Mars (830 XP + Field Costs)

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+100 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP); [Skills] Blades (+15 XP), Interest/Teachings of Blake (+10 XP), Protocol/Word of Blake (+15 XP), MedTech (+5 XP), Navigation/Ground (+5 XP), Small Arms (+5 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Any 4 Basic Training Skills (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle
Pilot/Battle Armor, Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces, Pilot/Warship

Military Academy of Aphros (830 XP + Field Costs)

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), INT (+100 XP), DEX (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Blades (+10 XP), Interest/Teachings of Blake (+10 XP), Protocol/Word of Blake (+20 XP), Computers (+10 XP), Sensor Operations (+10 XP), Zero-G Operations (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Ship’s Crew, Technician – Aerospace

Focht War College (1000 XP + Field Costs)
ComStar – SLDF Only

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] (ComGuard) Blades (+20 XP), Interest/Com Guards History (+20 XP), Protocol/ComStar (+20), Leadership (+20 XP), MedTech (+15 XP), Small Arms (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+15 XP), (SLDF) Blades (+10 XP), Interest/Star League History (+15 XP), Protocol/Star League (+20 XP), Career/Soldier (+10 XP), Martial Arts (+15 XP), MedTech (+10 XP), Navigation/Ground (+10 XP), Small Arms (+15 XP), Leadership (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scout, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces, Pilot/Warship

Gunslinger Program (485 XP + Field Costs)
Prerequisite: Character must have used the Star league Era: Any SLDF Academy Graduates or Clan Era: Focht War College and possess at least one Basic and Mechwarrior Field.
Automatic: [Attributes] RFL (+100 XP); [Traits] Connections (+200 XP), Reputation (+100 XP); [Flexible XP] (+85 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Gunslinger

Gunslinger Field
Tactics/Land
Strategy
Perception
Gunnery/Mech
Piloting/Mech

Note: Program located at the Military Academy of Aphros during the Star league.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2019, 21:08:00 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #53 on: 09 October 2019, 20:12:13 »
Northwind and Outreach check out... I'll have to do the longer list later...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #54 on: 12 October 2019, 08:46:27 »
Ok, the longer list:

TMMA: Checks out
FTF: Checks out
Sandhurst: Checks out
WCM: Only comes up to 780 vice 830
MAA: Checks out
Focht War College (ComStar): only comes up to 990 vice 1,000; (Star League): only comes up to 985 vice 1,000

Gunslinger Program: I think the only things it's missing are +1 year and a note like the one OCS has about not counting toward the limit of one school of a type.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 12 October 2019, 16:17:47 »
Ok, the longer list:

TMMA: Checks out
FTF: Checks out
Sandhurst: Checks out
WCM: Only comes up to 780 vice 830
MAA: Checks out
Focht War College (ComStar): only comes up to 990 vice 1,000; (Star League): only comes up to 985 vice 1,000

Gunslinger Program: I think the only things it's missing are +1 year and a note like the one OCS has about not counting toward the limit of one school of a type.

Could not make up my mined on the length for GSP.
Will work on fixing the missing points in a day or two got other thing going right now.
Finding a job and working on my Wrath & Glory campaign.
Most of the issues probably stem from the changes to the skills, went from fix stills to the pick your own.

"WCM: Only comes up to 780 vice 830" was due to a typing error "STR(+50 XP)" should have been "STR(+1000 XP)"
« Last Edit: 12 October 2019, 16:31:22 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 12 October 2019, 16:48:01 »
Before I slap it in how is this for the Gunslinger program.

Gunslinger Program (480 XP + Field Costs)
Prerequisite: Character must have used the Star league Era: War College of Mars Graduates or Clan Era: Focht War College and possess at least one Basic and Mechwarrior Field.
Automatic: [Attributes] RFL (+100 XP); [Traits] Connections (+200 XP), Reputation (+100 XP); [Flexible XP] (+85 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Gunslinger

Gunslinger Field
Tactics/Land
Strategy
Perception
Gunnery/Mech
Piloting/Mech

Or should it be

Gunslinger Program (570 XP)
Prerequisite: Character must have used the Star league Era: War College of Mars Graduates or Clan Era: Focht War College and possess at least one Basic and Mechwarrior Field.
Automatic: [Attributes] RFL (+100 XP); [Traits] Connections (+200 XP), Reputation (+100 XP); [Skills] Tactics/Mech (+15 XP), Strategy (+10 XP), Perception (+20 XP), Gunnery/Mech (+20 XP), Piloting/Mech (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+85 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Gunslinger Program (Not a skill Field)
« Last Edit: 12 October 2019, 17:21:06 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 12 October 2019, 17:07:35 »
All should be fixed.
Want a consensuses on the Gunslinger program before i commit to one way or another.
Kind of concerned that the first was is kind of overpowered.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: 12 October 2019, 18:26:58 »
Working on the SLDF Academies (2750)

1. Academies will range from 1000-1500 XP.
2. Will include foreign academies (Nagelring, Sanglamore, Albion)
3. Will have armored infantry (Special forces Nighthawk Units)
4. Will include defuncted SLDF acadeimes (West Point, Kure, Combat College of New Earth, etc.)
As work on these will take some time any input is welcome and may be added to the schools.

« Last Edit: 12 October 2019, 20:44:20 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #59 on: 12 October 2019, 20:45:29 »
WCM and Focht both check out now.  As for the GSP, I think the first actually works better.  They're supposed to be superstars, after all.  Maybe increase the prerequisites?  Also, there's a 5 XP discrepancy between the topline and the list.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #60 on: 12 October 2019, 20:51:48 »
WCM and Focht both check out now.  As for the GSP, I think the first actually works better.  They're supposed to be superstars, after all.  Maybe increase the prerequisites?  Also, there's a 5 XP discrepancy between the topline and the list.

Cool on the check.
What I thought, but tend to be hesitant about high power/cost packages as they tend to be a must have.
Anyway, I agree the first is probably the best.
Not sure which part your talking about for the discrepancy?
If its in the second pack I guess it doesn't matter.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #61 on: 12 October 2019, 20:58:56 »
Regarding the first: you list 480 + Field Costs, but [Attributes] RFL (+100 XP); [Traits] Connections (+200 XP), Reputation (+100 XP); [Flexible XP] (+85 XP) adds up to 485.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 12 October 2019, 21:08:45 »
Regarding the first: you list 480 + Field Costs, but [Attributes] RFL (+100 XP); [Traits] Connections (+200 XP), Reputation (+100 XP); [Flexible XP] (+85 XP) adds up to 485.

Fixed

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #63 on: 13 October 2019, 04:56:58 »
??? Looks like it's still adding up to 485 with a 480 top line in the post...

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: 13 October 2019, 14:07:28 »
??? Looks like it's still adding up to 485 with a 480 top line in the post...

I fixed it on the FRR/CS/WOB academy entry.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #65 on: 13 October 2019, 15:11:58 »
Ah, I'm blind... thanks!  :thumbsup:

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 13 October 2019, 15:48:04 »
Ah, I'm blind... thanks!  :thumbsup:

Outside of my bad math, have you found anything I need to change or address about the Academies?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #67 on: 13 October 2019, 15:49:42 »
I haven't bounced anything against my 3rd edition book yet... would you like me to?

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: 13 October 2019, 16:39:29 »
I haven't bounced anything against my 3rd edition book yet... would you like me to?

If it's not to much trouble.
Will give advanced warning that I had to modify a few of them (+/-) to get them to fall into the point values.
Tried my best to keep to the fluff/feel of the academies, but would love to hear your take on them.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2019, 16:42:52 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #69 on: 13 October 2019, 17:48:40 »
Will do, if not tonight...  :thumbsup:

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: 20 October 2019, 08:26:46 »
I have decided after to many issues with CGL both Shadowrun and Battletech to end my support for any of their product lines.
If you would like to continue talking about this conversion PM me and I will provide my Email to continue our conversations.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #71 on: 20 October 2019, 09:23:10 »
Sorry to hear that!  PM will be coming your way shortly...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #72 on: 27 October 2019, 10:06:43 »
Just a quick post to update the status of the project: MW3 checks complete for Liao and Davion Academies!

Kurita will be next, but probably not until next weekend.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #73 on: 03 November 2019, 15:50:29 »
MW3 checks for Kurita academies are complete!  Lyrans next weekend (maybe)...

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: 06 November 2019, 13:17:03 »
What about the Capellan Warrior Houses?
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 06 November 2019, 14:09:17 »
What about the Capellan Warrior Houses?

The Warrior House are not stage 3 academies.
They are covered by a stage 2/3 combo Warrior House Aspirant path in 3rd.
So would be hard to classify in the 4th edition.
I would say they are stage 2 military school + stage 3 Military Enlistment or Family Training.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #76 on: 06 November 2019, 21:42:12 »
This weekend is going to be tough... I'll be down in Norfolk for family stuff, so the Lyrans may have to wait another week.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 07 November 2019, 06:45:46 »
This weekend is going to be tough... I'll be down in Norfolk for family stuff, so the Lyrans may have to wait another week.

I've been tied-up with family and job hunting issues so it may be more then a month before I can get to anything on this subject.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #78 on: 07 November 2019, 17:07:23 »
Rog, no worries, then...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #79 on: 17 November 2019, 16:23:42 »
Lyran MW3 checks complete!  Next weekend (maybe) for the FWL...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #80 on: 05 January 2020, 08:58:06 »
The holiday frenzy finally died down, so the FWL MW3 checks are as complete as I could make them.  I couldn't find actual stats for the Orloff Academy, so I had to wing it with the text based descriptions only.

Left to do (I think):
Periphery (3)
Mercenary (2)
FRR and ComStar (6)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 12 January 2020, 12:17:43 »
Periphery and Mercenary school MW3 checks are done!  I'll try to get to the last batch next week.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 12 January 2020, 12:28:57 »
Why was the Taurian Concordat's Ecole Militaire not included? For the longest the only in the Periph and it's not even mentioned in any of AToW materials.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #83 on: 12 January 2020, 12:55:08 »
I honestly don't know... it's not in any of the MW3 material I've been using for reviews either.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #84 on: 18 January 2020, 10:23:12 »
Last batch has been sent!  That should do it for this project.  Over the next month or so, I'll take my own swing at individual academies in the other thread.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: 19 January 2020, 07:03:03 »
Why was the Taurian Concordat's Ecole Militaire not included? For the longest the only in the Periph and it's not even mentioned in any of AToW materials.

The places it is mentioned in the materiel are the The Periphery (FASA), Objectives: Periphery, Battletech-Handbook Major Periphery States, BattleTech Field Report 2765 Periphery books.
The first just states that it exists, second talking about the past glory of the academy and the third only has a brief one paragraph write-up on the types of courses and some flavor text on foreign guest lecturers.   
the last gives the impression that it's not really a top tier academy, liking it to the standard innersphere academies. "Each year,
EM’s graduating classes produce trained men and women with skills on par with their counterparts in any Great House state—Hegemony included—despite a lack of League-quality facilities and equipment."

Overall, it falls into the same category as many other mentioned but not truly flushed-out academies.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: 19 January 2020, 07:11:36 »
Last batch has been sent!  That should do it for this project.  Over the next month or so, I'll take my own swing at individual academies in the other thread.

OK.
Time has been really,really,.... tight lately. Finding and getting uses to my new schedule at work, family issues and all that.
It will still be a few weeks before I can truly work on this project, but there is a silver lining.
With Daryk's help I have a base to work off and will get start back at it soon.
Thanks to Daryk for his great feedback and diligent proof reading of my drafts. :thumbsup:
Knowing my brainstorming process and (it works in my head) chicken scratch, I know it was a monumental task.

When its done I will start a new tread with the polished academies where they can be discussed and request can be made for additional material.
Also remember, these write-ups are my (with help from Daryk) interpretations of the 3rd ed materials in AToW and my not fit your view on your favorite academies.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2020, 07:22:38 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #87 on: 19 January 2020, 07:34:43 »
You're very welcome!  I think you have a good approach here, but will take my own swing at it with a much narrower scope (as I outlined in my other thread).  Best of luck!  :thumbsup:

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: 07 February 2020, 04:26:30 »
I recently (last week) ran a new AToW campaign and my players hated it even with the modified Academy Paths
Complaints
1. Character creation was like doing taxes.
2. Characters felt generic and life paths seemed bland and unnecessary.
3. System was to large and disjointed compared to the relative simplicity of 2nd.
4. And the most important point "it wasn't fun.
P.S. I also tried MechWarrior: Destiny with this group and that was the only good thing they had to say about AToW "well it's was better then MechWarrior: Destiny."
So by request of my players I am going to be moving back to 2nd edition.

Unfortunately this means that I will not be finishing my "AToW Academy Paths" work as the main reason for the work was for this campaign.
For anyone who wants a copy PM me or Daryk (if he is willing) for a copy of the Excel or PDF files and Daryk's proof reading notes.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #89 on: 07 February 2020, 04:39:58 »
Bummer!  If they ever want to give it another go, I'm willing to do the heavy lifting for character creation with my spreadsheet.

And I'm more than willing to share my notes with anyone wanting to pick up your project...  :thumbsup:

Register