Author Topic: AToW Academy Paths  (Read 13445 times)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
AToW Academy Paths
« on: 18 September 2019, 01:46:44 »
Absolutely!  I just did a first pass at the Faction level down in Fan Rules... Would love your take on those in light of your current work...  :)

First let me say that through some cross comparison I found that the "Military Academy school" in both game where almost identical only real difference was a missing STR bonus in the 3rd version , so I choice to go with a point to point conversion.

« Last Edit: 01 October 2019, 10:35:33 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Re: AToW Character Generation Spreadsheet (Redux)
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2019, 03:58:31 »
Looks good, though I think you missed a "0" after Capellan History.  I see you went with increasing the cost of the module.  For mine, I was trying to stay inside the cost of the original.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2019, 04:21:58 »
Looks good, though I think you missed a "0" after Capellan History.  I see you went with increasing the cost of the module.  For mine, I was trying to stay inside the cost of the original.

Leftover number from the original 3rd stats.

As I said, when I compared at the Attributes, skills and traits from the 3rd and 4th editions of "Military Academy" school path they where identical, only difference was the XP cost and that seemed to line up pretty well also.
So I figured that the schools would be fine varying in cast.
Funny thing is some of the schools came in under 850 even when I added the flex +100. CAPELLA WAR COLLEGE came in at 395.
Not sure if I want to try boosting them or leave as is what do you think.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2019, 04:32:51 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2019, 17:24:12 »
I think the cost should definitely be boosted.  395 for an otherwise quite expensive prerequisite for OCS is cutting it too far back.  And I just realized we should probably move this particular discussion to Fan Rules... is there a Mod in the house?  I think the conversation from Reply #101 up to now needs to be split off and moved to the Fan Rules board.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2019, 12:32:46 »
I think the cost should definitely be boosted.  395 for an otherwise quite expensive prerequisite for OCS is cutting it too far back.  And I just realized we should probably move this particular discussion to Fan Rules... is there a Mod in the house?  I think the conversation from Reply #101 up to now needs to be split off and moved to the Fan Rules board.

I am close to finished with the Major academies.
It has taken longer then I had figured to get this done due to real world issues (finding a job, etc.).
But the end is in sight.
I should have them up before or during this upcoming weekend, but real world has a tendency to kill plans.
Just to reiterate, they schools are based off the paths present in 3rd edition, so that was the prime source material.

Now on to some info on the upcoming academies paths.
1. There will be two types of academies presented.
     a. Standard 830-xp ones that represent mostly, cultural and training differences between the House/ComStar/Etc.
     b. Premier 1000-xp academies representing the most prestigious institutions in their respective realms.
2. They will replace not supplement the existing Military Academy path. (except of the pre-entry requirements If character did not take Prep School or Military School)
3. All path where created keeping the 100-xp flex points to allow for players to add their own personal touch to their time there and to capture the college elective idea.
4. I have included all Prerequisite beside the standard Military Academy path ones inside the path itself, so if you need contact/money/loyalty/etc. to get in it is part of the path.

Just to be clear even with this being the 4th draft opinions and suggestions are welcome. I am not the authority on the academies and if you can make a case for a change I'm open to it.
Now that doesn't mean "I don't like it do it again", "that doesn't fit my vision of that school", or "you screwed up my school" as they will be ignored.
« Last Edit: 30 September 2019, 12:37:55 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Re: AToW Academy Paths
« Reply #5 on: 30 September 2019, 15:42:29 »
Cool!  That's a hefty lift, and I'll help where I can!  :thumbsup:

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 01 October 2019, 10:39:09 »
First Batch, Capellan Academies (Modified 10/5/2019)

Capella War College (1000 XP + Field Costs)
* Required Stage 2 path: Noble or Military School
Prerequisite: If character did not take Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Fast Learner (+300 XP), Connections/CCAF (+100 XP), Combat Sense (+400 XP), Enemy (-200 XP), Compulsion/Elitism (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+15 XP), Blades (+5 XP), Perception (+5 XP), Tactics (+5 XP), Strategy (+5 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training, Basic Training (Naval)
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Military Scientist,
Pilot/Battle Armor, Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces

Liao Conservatory of Military Arts (830 XP + Field Costs)
Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+100 XP), Any 2 other Attributes (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Exceptional Attribute/Any (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+10 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Martial Arts (+10 XP), Small Arms (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
Pilot/Battle Armor, Special Forces

Sarna Martial Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP)
Automatic: [Attributes] BOD (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP), STR (+50 XP), Any other attribute (+100 XP); [Traits] Rank (+100 XP), Reputation/Sarna Supremacist (-200 XP), Alternate Identity (+100 XP), Natural Aptitude (+200 XP), Toughness (+200 XP), Vehicle Level (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+10 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Perception (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training, Technician – Military
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Ship’s Crew

Sian Center for Martial Disciplines (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), EDG (+100 XP), CHA (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+20 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+15 XP), Blades (+15 XP), Perception (+15 XP), Protocol/ Capellen Confederation (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Special Forces, Military Scientist

St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-50 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP), INT (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History (+15 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+15 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Science/Any (+20 XP), Computers (+10 XP), Language/Any (+10 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Strategy (+20 XP), Tactics/Any (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout

Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), INT (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Capellan History  (+10 XP), Interest/Capellan Philosophies (+10 XP), Blades (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Any 3 Technician (+10 XP), Computers (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training, Basic Training (Naval), Technician – Military
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Engineer
Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Military Scientist, Special Forces

Let me know what you think and any error you find.
P.S. I will be converting these to a PDF format, if you want I can post a link to my drop box for them.
And if I have the time and desire I may even gussy them up with a AToW border. >:D
« Last Edit: 05 October 2019, 17:45:39 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 01 October 2019, 14:56:12 »
Fed Sun Academies (Modified 10/6/2019)

Albion Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+150 XP), DEX (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+150 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/New Avalon (+100 XP), Compulsion/Rivalry NAIS College of Military Sciences (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+10 XP), Running (+15 XP), Perception (+5 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Military Scientist,

Armstrong Flight Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), WIL (+150 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+150 XP), Rank (+200 XP), G-Tolerance, (+100 XP), Vehicle  (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+10 XP), Perception (+25 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training (Naval), Technician – Military
Advanced (+1 year): Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip, Pilot/Warship

Filtvelt Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Character must have the “Outback” Affiliation.
Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP).
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+125
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Outback (+100 XP), Reputation/Graduate of a "2nd-Rate" AFFS Academy (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+15 XP), Perception (+10 XP, Swimming (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Pilot/Battle Armor

Kilbourne Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Character must have the “Draconis March” Affiliation.

Prerequisite: If character did not take Prep School or Military School as a Stage 2 module, apply the following: [Attributes] WIL (+100 XP), EDG (–100 XP); [Traits] Connection (+200 XP), Reputation (–100 XP), Wealth (–100 XP).
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Draconis March (+100 XP), Compulsion/Paranoid (Big Brother is Watching) (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+15 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Swimming (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Pilot/Battle Armor

NAIS College of Military Sciences (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), INT (+150 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Compulsion/Rivalry Albion Military Academy (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+10 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+20 XP), Perception (+20 XP), Interest or Science/Any (+15 XP), Computers (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP),Strategy (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,

Point Barrow Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+150 XP), DEX (+150 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip, Special Forces

Robinson Battle Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+200 XP);
[Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Sandoval Family  (+200 XP), Compulsion/Hates Draconis Combine (-100 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to Sandoval Family (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+15 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Strategy (+20 XP), Tactics/Any (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Sakhara Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Reputation (+200 XP), Connections/Federated Suns  (+200 XP), Natural Aptitude/Strategy  (+150 XP), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP), Wealth (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+10 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Military History (+20 XP) Strategy (+20 XP), Tactics/Any two (+15 XP), Language/Any two not already possess (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Special Forces

Tikonov School of Military Discipline (1000 XP + Field Costs) Note: during CC ownership change Affiliations
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+250 XP);
 [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Toughness (+300 XP), Reputation/Tikonov separatist (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+30 XP), Perception (+25 XP), Streetwise/Tikonov Reaches (+25); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Ship’s Crew, Technician – ’Mech,

War College of Goshen (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP),
 WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Natural Aptitude/Strategy (+200), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+25 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Military History (+20 XP),Interest/Philosophies of War (+20 XP), Interest/Philosophies of Peace (+20 XP), Strategy (+20 XP), Any 3 Tactics (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
Special (+2 years): Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor

Warrior’s Hall (830 XP + Field Costs)
[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Compulsion/Hates Capellan Confederation (-100 XP), Reputation/Capellan March (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Federated Suns History (+20 XP), Protocol/Federated Suns (+15 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Capellan March History (+25 XP), Leadership (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 13:43:36 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 01 October 2019, 14:58:26 »
Sorry that's it for today and at lest till Thursday, as I'm going out of town and hate working on this stuff on my laptop. :-\

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #9 on: 01 October 2019, 15:51:31 »
That's probably going to take me the weekend to get through as is... a phenomenal amount of work!  :thumbsup:

Seriously, as tired as work makes me during the week, I won't have the energy for bit checks until the weekend.  Hopefully you won't get too much more up before then!  8)

As far as an AToW border, HELL YES!  >:D

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 03 October 2019, 14:09:25 »
That's probably going to take me the weekend to get through as is... a phenomenal amount of work!  :thumbsup:

Seriously, as tired as work makes me during the week, I won't have the energy for bit checks until the weekend.  Hopefully you won't get too much more up before then!  8)

As far as an AToW border, HELL YES!  >:D

Sorry for more of a load. ;)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 03 October 2019, 14:12:33 »
Draconis Combine Academies. (Modified 10/6/2019)

Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Combat Sense (+300 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita
(-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Any Military Science (+10 XP), Martial Arts (+10 XP), Melee Weapons (+10 XP), Tactics/Land (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scout

DEST Training Center at Sun Zhang (1000 XP + Field Costs)
*Must choose one from each of Basic/Advanced/Special

Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+200 XP), CHA (-150 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+300 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Combat Sense (+300 XP), Pain Resistance (+300 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita (-300 XP), In for Life (-300 XP); [Skills] Martial Arts (+10 XP), Melee Weapons (+10 XP), Tactics/Land (+30 XP), Acrobatics/Free-Fall (+5 XP), Demolitions (+10 XP), Small Arms (+10 XP), Stealth (+10 XP), Survival/Any (+10 XP), Tracking/Any (+5 XP)
*Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training
Advanced (+1 year): Infantry, MechWarrior, Scout
Special (+2 years): Special Forces

Aerospace and Interstellar Institute (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+15 XP), Interest/Naval History (+20 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+15 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Navigation/Space (+20 XP), Small Arms (+15 XP), Zero-G Operations (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Basic (+1 year): Basic Training (Naval)
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Ship’s Crew

An Ting University (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Exceptional Attribute/ Edge (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout

Dieron District Gymnasium (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Exceptional Attribute/ Edge (+150 XP); [Skills] Martial Arts (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior
Special (+2 years):  Special Forces

Dover Institute for Higher Learning (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] DEX (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections/House Kurita (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+20 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Small Arms (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Military Scientist, Special Forces, Planetary Surveyor

Galedon Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+200 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Toughness (+250 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to House Kurita (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+20 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Small Arms (+20 XP), Tactics/Land (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Pagoda for Luthien Officers (1000 XP + Field Costs)
*Must Take OCS as next path.     
XP), WIL (+100 XP), CHA (+50 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/House Kurita (+250 XP), Compulsion/Loyalty to Coordinator (-200 XP), Wealth (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+25 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+25 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat)

Sun Tzu School of Combat (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+150 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Fit (+100 XP), Reputation/Graduate of a "2nd-Rate" Academy
(-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+10 XP), Running (+20 XP), Swimming (+20 XP), Any 3 Tactics (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

University of Proserpina (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Combat Sense or Natural Aptitude/combat skill (+300 XP); [Skills] Interest/Combine History (+10 XP), Leadership (+20 XP), Protocol/Draconis Combine (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
« Last Edit: 09 October 2019, 13:52:11 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 03 October 2019, 14:14:37 »
Lyran Commonwealth/Alliance Academies (Modified 10/6/2019)

Alarion Naval Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-100 XP), RFL (+125
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+125 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Zero-G Operations (+10 XP), Navigation/Space (+10 XP), Interest/Naval History (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Ship’s Crew

War College of Tamar (Till 3051)/Martial Academy of Bolan (After 3053) (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), INT (+100 XP), ; [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Wealth (+100 XP), *Reputation/New Academy Graduate (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+15 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Streetwise (+20 XP), Acting (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)

*War College of Tamar- replace with Compulsion/Hates Draconis Combine (-100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

War College of Buena (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), INT (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP), CHA (-50 XP); [Traits] Connections (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Toughness (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Running (+10 XP), Swimming (+10 XP), Tactics (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace

Coventry Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+100 XP);
[Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Combat Sense (+200 XP); [Skills Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Small Arms (+10 XP), Survival (+10 XP), Tactics (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Nagelring (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), CHA (+100 XP), EDG (+50 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections /Tharkad (+100 XP), Connections /LCAF (+100 XP), Wealth (+100 XP), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+20 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/SLDF History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Interest/Winter Sports (+10 XP), Strategy (+10 XP), Tactics (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Ship’s Crew

Pandora College of Military Science (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), WIL (+150 XP); [Traits] Rank (+100 XP), Equipped (+100 XP), Toughness (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+10 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Small Arms (+10 XP), Survival (+10 XP), Support Weapons (+10 XP), Tracking (+10 XP), Technician/Mechanical (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, Pilot/DropShip, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer, Ship’s Crew

Royal New Capetown Military Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+100); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Gregarious (+100 XP), Reputation/New Capetown Graduate (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+25 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+25 XP), Perception (+15 XP), Interest/Race Relations (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech,
Special (+2 years): Doctor, Infantry/Anti-’Mech, Pilot/Battle Armor, Special Forces

Sanglamore (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), WIL (+150 XP), CHA (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections/Skye (+150 XP), Connections/LCAF (+100 XP), Compulsion/Honorable (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+20 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+40 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Interest/Skye History (+20 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Strategy (+15 XP), Tactics (+15 XP), Melee Weapons (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

Flight Academy of Thorin (830 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (-200 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP), DEX (+100); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), G-Tolerance (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Lyran Alliance History (+10 XP), Protocol/Lyran Alliance (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP), Technician/Electronics (+10 XP), Technician/Mechanical (+10 XP), Technician/Nuclear (+10 XP), Tactics/Space (+10 XP), Tactics/Air (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, Marine, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 14:26:36 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 03 October 2019, 18:42:26 »
One quick note (despite an even longer than usual day today): that DEST Training isn't really a "field".  Just chop "field" off the name and make it a module like OCS (i.e., an exception to the rule about no more than one school of any particular type... I used the particular language in the Staff College thread I did, which can be most easily found through the link in my signature).

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 03 October 2019, 20:30:40 »
One quick note (despite an even longer than usual day today): that DEST Training isn't really a "field".  Just chop "field" off the name and make it a module like OCS (i.e., an exception to the rule about no more than one school of any particular type... I used the particular language in the Staff College thread I did, which can be most easily found through the link in my signature).
I saw it as kind of a Special forces field replacement, but you could be right.
The point value is with the -7 skills x 6-xp formula from the fields rules, so if I didn't make it a field its cost would go up by 42-xp.
No sure if It will work if I do that, but here you go.
Modified it let me know if this works.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 20:42:41 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2019, 03:28:41 »
For what it gives, I think the higher cost is appropriate.  This weekend, I'll play around with it and see if a Field would make more sense.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2019, 07:12:14 »
While I know this is for the major houses, I will wait patiently for the conversion of Collegium Bellorum Imperium.

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2019, 11:14:07 »
While I know this is for the major houses, I will wait patiently for the conversion of Collegium Bellorum Imperium.
Never said it was only for major houses
Should be the out in a day or two.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
« Reply #18 on: 04 October 2019, 14:43:20 »
Never said it was only for major houses
Should be the out in a day or two.
Ave, Caesar!

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2019, 15:24:27 »
Free Worlds League Academies

Aitutaki Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections/ Regulan (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Survival (+10 XP), Blade (+10 XP), Navigation/Ground (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Scientist, Scout, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Vehicle

Allison MechWarrior Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+200 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Reputation/Selected by Thomas Marik (+150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+20 XP), MedTech (+15 XP), Small Arms (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Athene Combat School (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+150 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Toughness (+300 XP), Rank (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+30 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+20 XP), Navigation/Ground (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, Scout, Technician – Vehicle, Technician – ’Mech, Engineer

Legionary Training Academy (830 XP + Field Costs)
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Toughness (+225 XP), Rank (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat)

Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), RFL (+150
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] G-Tolerance (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Reputation/Free Worlds League (+200 XP);
[Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+10 XP), Leadership (+10 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Martial Arts (+10 XP), Navigation/Space (+15 XP), Zero-G Operations (+20 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Engineer, Ship’s Crew

Princefield Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+150 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Reputation/ Princefield Graduate (+100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Leadership (+15 XP), Survival (+15 XP), Blade (+15 XP), Navigation/Ground (+20 XP), MedTech (+10 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields

Orloff Military Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
Stage 1 must be Nobility
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), CHA (+100 XP), RFL (+100
XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Custom Vehicle (+200 XP), Rank (+100 XP), Wealth (+200 XP), Reputation/ Orloff Graduate (+100 XP), Compulsion/Elitism (-100 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marik Military History (+15 XP), Protocol/Free Worlds League (+15 XP), Leadership (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
« Last Edit: 04 October 2019, 16:52:55 by victor_shaw »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2019, 15:52:08 »
I'm going to have a busy weekend, I see! Not that that's a bad thing...  ^-^

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2019, 16:20:15 »
Periphery Academies

Canopian Institute of War (830 XP + Field Costs)
(Magistracy of Canopus or Capellan with GM permission Affiliation only)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+200 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+100 XP), *Connections/Magistracy of Canopus (+100 XP);
[Skills] Interest/Any Military Science (+15 XP), Sensor Operations (+15 XP), Tactics (+20 XP), Gunnery/Any (+15 XP), Piloting/Any (+15 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat)

Collegium Bellorum Imperium (1000 XP + Field Costs)
(Marian Hegemony Affiliation only)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), BOD (+100 XP), INT (+100 XP), RFL (+100 XP), WIL (+100 XP); [Traits] Equipped (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Connections (+100 XP), Reputation/Marian Hegemony (+100 XP), Compulsion/Loyal to Marian Hegemony (-150 XP); [Skills] Interest/Marian History (+20 XP), Interest/ Roman History (+20 XP), Protocol/Marian Hegemony (+20 XP), Language/Latin (+20 XP), Tactics/Land (+10 XP), Perception (+10 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Analysis, Cavalry, Infantry, MechWarrior, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – ’Mech, Technician – Aerospace, Technician – Vehicle, Engineer

Columbia Academy (1000 XP + Field Costs)
(Outworlds Alliance, Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus, Federated Suns, Draconis Combine, or ComStar Affiliation only)
Automatic: [Attributes] STR (+50 XP), DEX (+100 XP), RFL (+200
XP), WIL (+100 XP), CHA (-100 XP); [Traits] G-Tolerance (+100 XP), Rank (+200 XP), Reputation/Outworlds Alliance (+100 XP);
[Skills] Interest/Military History (+20 XP), Navigation/Space (+20 XP), Protocol/Outworlds Alliance (+10 XP), Zero-G Operations (+30 XP), Interest/Any (+15 XP), Interest/Any (+15 XP), Piloting/Aerospace or Spacecraft (+20 XP), Gunnery/Aerospace or Spacecraft (+20 XP); [Flexible XP] (+100 XP)
Fields
Advanced (+1 year): Marine, Pilot/Aerospace (Combat), Pilot/Aircraft (Combat), Pilot/DropShip, Technician – Aerospace, Ship’s Crew
Special (+2 years): Pilot/JumpShip
« Last Edit: 06 October 2019, 15:24:19 by victor_shaw »

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2019, 16:25:16 »
I'm going to have a busy weekend, I see! Not that that's a bad thing...  ^-^

Sorry for the load. :thumbsup:
Last one for a bit as I am burned out. xp
Only really have ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR, and Mercs left, so I figure this is a good place to stop for now.

Ave, Caesar!

As requested Collegium Bellorum Imperium up tell me what you think.
Moved Periphery Academies in front of ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR for you.  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #23 on: 04 October 2019, 16:27:04 »
No worries on the load... you'll just have to wait until I'm caught up from sleep from this week...  :P

I'll be interested to see what you do for Blackjack.  That's my favorite academy of all time...  :)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 04 October 2019, 16:41:05 »
No worries on the load... you'll just have to wait until I'm caught up from sleep from this week...  :P

I'll be interested to see what you do for Blackjack.  That's my favorite academy of all time...  :)

Unfortunately, due  to it's destruction by the Jade falcon before any of the academies where given stats , I have no info to work up Blackjack.
If you can provide some info on the academy other then the basic provided on sarna.net I would be happy to add it to the Lyran Academies.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2019, 16:52:06 »
Bummer!  I'll see what I can dig up (or propose) after I do my promised bit checks this weekend.

fever_Dream.)

• Private
« Reply #26 on: 05 October 2019, 04:06:11 »
Sorry for the load. :thumbsup:
Last one for a bit as I am burned out. xp
Only really have ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR, and Mercs left, so I figure this is a good place to stop for now.

As requested Collegium Bellorum Imperium up tell me what you think.
Moved Periphery Academies in front of ComStar/Word of Blake/FFR for you.  :thumbsup:
I like it.  Especially taking into account that the Marians in all their lovely resourcefulness are selling solidly designed battle armor, you'd hope they know how to use their own product.  And it reflects the short time they had to learn how to use it, unless they got some Free Worlds folks to start teaching.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2019, 08:01:32 »
OK, starting way back with the Capellans:

Capella War College comes out to 1,005 XP (probably shave 5 XP from one of the 15 XP skills).
Liao Conservatory of Military Arts checks at 830 XP
Sarna Martial Academy comes out to 1,095 XP, and has a stray "+2" left over from 3rd edition
Sian Center for Martial Disciplines checks at 830 XP
St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences only comes up to 730 XP (vice 830)
Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology comes out to 835 XP

I do have 3rd edition somewhere around here, and can further bounce these against that if you like... for now, I'm literally just doing the bit checks to make the math adds up...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2019, 08:07:42 »
I just got the green light to play a game one state north of here... it'll probably be a while before I can do the next batch...

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2019, 17:29:27 »
OK, starting way back with the Capellans:

Capella War College comes out to 1,005 XP (probably shave 5 XP from one of the 15 XP skills).
Liao Conservatory of Military Arts checks at 830 XP
Sarna Martial Academy comes out to 1,095 XP, and has a stray "+2" left over from 3rd edition
Sian Center for Martial Disciplines checks at 830 XP
St. Ives Academy of Martial Sciences only comes up to 730 XP (vice 830)
Victoria Academy of Arms and Technology comes out to 835 XP

I do have 3rd edition somewhere around here, and can further bounce these against that if you like... for now, I'm literally just doing the bit checks to make the math adds up...

After a second check most if not all error seem to be during transfer from excel to word as the excel sheet seem to have the proper XP.

Errors corrected.
« Last Edit: 05 October 2019, 17:43:58 by victor_shaw »