Author Topic: Teaser for a proposed...thing (Thread 2)  (Read 20823 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Teaser for a proposed...thing (Thread 2)
« Reply #60 on: 15 February 2020, 16:56:59 »
Correction: OR the New Circe recruiting program...  ::)

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 15 February 2020, 18:38:47 »
A couple dozen (assuming they aren't double checking all the KIAs) out of how many?  We could be talking a fraction of a percent, still large in absolute numbers, but AFAICT besides the Clan Sibkos, this is mostly a case of people lying with fake paperwork.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 15 February 2020, 19:05:27 »
Interview, Jian Robers, rank Private First Class (E-3), MOS heavy Tracked Vehicle mechanic/operator

"State your name for the record."  Captain Poslweicz is a Rockjack, his ship, the Wisna is a cutter, Sampan III H series, one of the four that survived the space battle over New Circe-mostly.

I know this, because I paid attention.

"Do you want my real name or the name on my records, sir?" I ask.

"Your real name, please, Private."

"Samantha Lerner.  I'm from New Saigon."

"And your real date of birth?"

"February 9, 3048, sir."

He checks his PADD and my face comes up, "This is you?"

the picture is from middle school.  "Yes sir."

"Where were you before you enlisted, this file says you disappeared from foster care at age eleven?"

"Living on the street, sir." I tell him, "I ran with the Scumdogs for a while, until the Juney turf war with the Slim-ta Tong."

"Hmmm, that one was messy, I saw the after actions on it.  were you involved?"

"I was a lookout and a gun-mule, sir." I answer truthfully.  I'm already in deep shit, I know it.  The police broke up the fighting, but the rest of the 'dogs fell in with the Slim-Ta goyim afterward.

"Were you involved in any other illegal activities while a member of the Scumdogs?" he asks.

"Yes sir." I tell him.

"What kind of activity?"

"I would like to excercise my right to remain silent, sir." I tell him, "If you can get a female officer here, I can tell her exactly what I was doing for Ripper's crew."

"You enlisted, Private, you waived those rights when you did.  Do I need to make it a direct order?"

"No sir.  I just needed to see if I'd been kicked yet.  I...I provided services to select clients, including AFFC officers, for a fee.  these services were personal and...well, degrading, sir.  They were arranged by the leader of the New Saigon Scumdogs, Ripper Siam, and placed me in contact with officials in the Federated Commonwealth government, this provided two income streams, sir.  can you guess which ones?"

"Prostitution and blackmail." he answers.

"That is correct, sir. I was Ripper's third best earner.  Could've been second best, but the two biggest payouts liked boys-or to be really brutally honest, one liked boys, the other liked ladyboys.  My best friend in the gang before she was killed was the biggest earner in our operation- Judy, who got fake tits and looked even better in a New Avalon Catholic school uniform than I did because she really WANTED to be a girl."

He's stone-faced, I give him that, maybe he's worked vice?

"can you name the officials being...blackmailed by your crew?"

"Yes sir, I can. I used one of my former customers to arrange for my new life in exchange for keeping the information confidential.  Since I'm already found out, I have little reason to remain silent. Would you like an itemized list?"  I hold his eyes with my own.  "I have nowhere to go from here, sir.  If I turn up in the old turf areas...someone might recognize me, and that would be bad."

"Why?" He asks me.  This is for the record, I know it.

"because I got out of there, because I didn't swear loyalty to the Tong, and I won't, They killed my best friend when they moved to take over the area. I realized I needed to be in the biggest gang, the one nobody dares to ****** with, and I sure as hell wasn't going to be able to get past the background checks for the Coasties."

"Your helmet cam recorded numerous kills on enemy troops." he noted.

"I was terrified, sir, but I wasn't going to run out on my new gang-nobody makes me spread my legs to prove my loyalty in the Military, sir." I tell him, there are still feelings and I wish they would go the ****** away.  "The Service is the biggest gang, and the best gang, I haven't had to visit an abortionist since I enlisted."

that one hits him almost as bad as the memories hit me. He flinches. "how...how many times?" he whispers.

"Four, sir, since I was eleven-three times Ripper or one of his soldiers drove me to an affiliated doc who doesn't ask questions, the fourth time I had to find my way on my own because the Scumdogs were getting killed, and I wanted it out of me.  I put a knife in the guy who did it, which is the other reason I can't go back. the Tong doesn't look kindly on a whore who cuts the throat of one of their members."

"how did...how do you feel about that?" he asks.

"I don't feel anymore, sir." I tell him, "I really, really don't want to start feeling, but I'm not doing drugs, it's just focus and meditation.  I have to be rational or i will lose my mind."

He looks at the one-way mirror, and the door opens.

"Miss Lerner, this is Cora, from New Circe social services, she will be arranging your immigration paperwork, as well as mental health assessments." the Guard officer tells me, "you need help, young lady, you've been traumatized in ways I can't even articulate, and New Circe is about as far from New Saigon as you can physically get...I would like to ask that you provide depositions related to the crimes you witnessed and were...brought into, specifically the crimes you were, yourself subjected to. any detailed material you can provide will be greatly appreciated."

"Of course, sir." I tell him,  "I will give everything I have to get those ****** and put them where they belong, sir."
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #63 on: 15 February 2020, 19:24:42 »
I think that one's going to be a Wolverine...

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 15 February 2020, 19:43:00 »
I think that one's going to be a Wolverine...

Well on the one hand?  There doesn't seem to be anything systematic, the Wolvie docs might be overestimating the facilities available to near Periphery Lyran worlds in AFFC induction centers.  Just people managing to fake enough records well enough not to be noticed right away.

OTOH, man some of their stories, particularly Samantha's.  I'm betting some, if not all her prostitution was when she was underaged, making this statutory rape.  Yeah, her former clients are in for a nasty time when they get picked up.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 15 February 2020, 20:10:37 »
Interview: Eric and Liam Falcone

"Your records appear mostly correct. wonder of wonders, everything checks out, including the waivers."  Commodore Linda Sithers shuffled the files.  "I am still going to ask what two trueborn elementals are doing in a scrub unit."

"Washouts, ma'am."  Eric's wearing a half-mask full of surgical presergel over his new eyes, they won't be healed enough from the surgery for another two weeks.  I'm  still in a wheelchair.

"Washouts from Sibko?" she asks.

"Yes Ma'am.  we both tried to get a T-oh-P early, we both got our asses kicked hard, we were given the option of being recycled to the Laborer caste or signing up with the Kowloon forces.  Star Colonel Icaza strongly recommended Militia billets and signed the transfer papers."

"Something about defective genetics." Eric adds.  I ****** hate that excuse, even if they insisted it was true.

"The whole Sibko, Ma'am." I add.  "We all got signed over to Kowloon, most of our sibbies were at the door to the Coast Guard recruit center the next day."

"but not you two?"

"We are the ones who led the failure, Ma'am." I tell her, "it was our punishment, it hit our whole squad, they deserved the better billet because we failed them."

"So GFM was second choice."

"May I clarify?" I say, "The Coast Guard is a formation that has an elite reputation going back to Kowloon's independence, half the heroes in Kowloonese history were Coast Guard Marines.  My brother and I-and we are brothers, same germ cell, it twinned-we proved we weren't elite quality.  the punishment to the rest of our batch was unfair, they deserved better, but...life is not fair unless us mortal people make it so-and that is an actions-more-than-words activity.  WE took the lesser assignment so that more worthy candidates could advance in the superior service, ma'am."

"besides, someone needed to be there to save the poor bloody infantry." Eric jokes.  he's the one with the sharp mind and sense of humor.

"How did you feel, in your first live combat?" she asks.  Founder what a question??

"ma'am, it was not like training." I say.

"It was a lot not like Sibko training, it was more like Militia training, only louder and sweatier." Eric adds.  He's right. There was no honor in that battlefield beyond the honor of what we were defending-defending civilians.

Of course, any wise old Falcon can tell you that's enough. 

"How did you lose your legs, Liam?" she asks me.

"Well..I think I was still standing on the bustle-rack when the ammo blew, ma'am.  I remember that much, and I kinda get little memories of flying...like a bird, not a pilot, adn then, the ground rose up...and well, you know. out like a light.  I don't know if the Driver got out but I am fair certain that Sgt. Veil did not, he was pushing Corporal Tiernov up out the turret when I...had my flight?"  I pause.  confused feelings, "I miss her, you know? she was a good gunner, good friend, I thought I might have a chance with her..."

"Tiernov? Brother, Tiernov liked girls."

"That's just a rumor." I tell him, "just because Spatsky could not get with her..."

Eric snorts derisively, but drops the subject.

"And Eric?"

"you know those neat rifle grenades they issue? the ones with the variable fuse?" he asks

"I know them, yes."

"eh...well, it turns out even a proper shape charge warhead has a backblast, I should've used my bayonet, but the ammo was gone and I still had the grenades..." he shrugs, "Live and learn, I guess.  Next time, I'll fix bayonets instead of trying to be clever with a rifle-grenade."

"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #66 on: 15 February 2020, 20:52:21 »
Falcon's loss, Kowloon's gain.. though the fact the falcons have been funnelling underage sibko washouts into Kowloon's military might be a headache in itself for the investigation.

i wonder if the Wolverines will want to recruit them.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #67 on: 15 February 2020, 21:08:25 »
Possible, but I think the Coast Guard might take them...

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #68 on: 15 February 2020, 21:41:40 »
Interview: The Gurdebrand sisters (Bianh and Briah) conducted by Commander Vien Travis, KCGS Sally Jennings

"Sit, please.  Your records don't match.  You're both...well, twins, but that's it.  Ages don't match, a close look and phenotypical features don't match.  I would advise talking."

Briah looks at her sister, Bianh.

"Can we have a lawyer?" Bianh asks.

"Do you think you need one?"

"Shit yeah."  Bianh says, "I think we dam well better have one."

the accent is wrong for Ia Drang.  Heck, these two are wrong for Ia Drang.  I've got a good imagination, I can piece together images in my head.  Always have been able to.  it made me a pretty good engineer and has won me peer awards in the Boojum Amatuer Fiction contest three years running.

"If you're from Ia Drang, I'm Simon Cameron reborn." I tell them, "Like I said, your records don't match, your accent's wrong, you aren't asiatic or saharan,  and you're both between the ages of fifteen, and sixteen. so let's begin again.  Last name?"

"Gurdeson." they both say.

"First names, you-?"

"Brianna." 'Bianh' says, finally looking a little ashamed.

"and you?"

"Brittany."

"And where are you from?"

"Devilrock." Brittany mumbles.  "We're from Devilrock, okay?"

"so where is that?"

"It's on Hood IV, sir." Brittany contributes, "what the ****** else were we going to do? sixth grade educations, nobody uses draft-horses anymore, not since Her Grace brought back the technology, and even if they were, we lost our claim-share when Dad and mom had the accident.  we took the settlement money and went to Kowloon because there's work there...only, we got no skills in demand."

Brianna pipes up, "AFFC, however, is always hiring, and it wasn't too much to get a guy in Ia Drang to phoney up some paperwork so we weren't gonna get caught being illegals."

"Your forger was shit." I tell her, "you got what you could afford, which was shit.  I've seen better forgeries done by six year olds."  Mind you, the six year old in question was  yours truly and a certified genius, but still...  "So you got through some lazy recruiter's processing office, and assigned to..what was your MOS?"

"Driver!" Brianna said, "Track one-Three one Charlie."

"Assistant Gunner." Brittany added. "Track Two Two Four Delta."

"can you read?"

"Of course." Brittany  said, "we both can read, geez...what a question."

"Did you read the enlistment contract?"

"what were we hurting? huh?  do you have any idea what kind of choices we were facing on Hood IV?"

"I'm getting a pretty good picture, ladies...now, I'm going to...where is it..?"

I dig around in the valise, and Lt. Mins, the Wolverine Provost supervising this hands me the documents with a clearing of the throat.  "Thanks..."

I lay the stacks of paperwork in front of them.

"These should be familiar, they're standardized aptitude tests."  I explain, "You will need pens...show your work in the math sections, if you can't or don't understand a question, skip it.  Each section is timed, Mister Mins here, and Warrant Officer Silvermann will be grading and evaluating each portion as you finish a section...or as far as you get before you can't finish.  Keep in mind, young ladies, this will have a significant impact on what comes out of this proceeding."

I flourish the stopwatch, "Begin!"

While they take the exam, I'm left to brood.  it's never enough.  These two were resourceful enough to get from Hood IV to Ia Drang aerodrome-we actually got a tip on the last communication with Spider Moon, the forger they used? got himself caught trying to counterfiet Kroner notes.  He kept a list of customers and jobs, very convenient for us, not so smart on his part.  These two are among around four hundred people the OCB has identified as using false documents to get into places they're not supposed to be.

but it's never enough-most of the cases seem to be like these two-kids leaving bad situations, runaways, or orphans or delinquents, people from places that the new prosperity not only didn't touch, but godhammered with obsolescence, whole industries and ways of life automated out of existence, mining communities that lost their livelihood because the Belt Mining and Rockjacks can turn out so much more product so much cheaper, and the handcrafters who lost livelihoods because factory products are...well, better? cheaper? more available?  some combination of the three.

One farmer with a Coventry-Convent agromech can grow more crops reliably than four hundred sharecroppers using draft animals and hand work.  there were a LOT of sharecroppers on Hood IV.

and it's never enough.  We can't get the kids into schools fast enough, can't get alternate jobs and job training in place fast enough or wide enough.  People fleeing poverty will grab onto anything to stay above it, these kids and hundreds like them have latched on to the fact that AFFC needs men all the time.  that military service can get them the education they didn't get, that a discharge card stamped 'honorable' opens doors to escape that pit that is rural poverty without sacrificing pride by going into a welfare system or turning to crime.

I remember what it was like under the Regent, especially on the Plateau, and how it felt when your belly wants to eat its way through your spine, what it was like to be squatting in a shack on someone else's land, scrabbling for anything, and the burning shame of begging for a hand-out to stay alive one more day.

I would have done what these two did myself...but I ended up not being forced to.

"Well?" I turn to the Warrant officer.

"Reading level's about seventh grade, but her maths are fantastic, grasp of biology is pre-collegiate."

"And the other one?" I turn to Mins.

"fourth grade level reading, I'm going to say undiagnosed dyslexia for that, based on how bad her grammar is, the maths portion is phenomenal, the pattern recognition and organization abilities are pretty close to perfect scores.  If I hadn't watched her do this test, I'd have assumed she was cheating somehow."

"That problem-the learning disability? it's not something your system's used to dealing with, is it?" I ask him. 

He shakes his head, "We...kind of bred it out generations ago. we're having to re-learn how to handle it from the Colonials."

"right...okay. either of you have objections?"

"No." Mins said.

"alright, ladies, this, is your discharge form from the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth, you will note the category is 'honorable', THIS, is your convictions for Falsifying Documents and conspiracy, you will sign them, because this? this is a Court Order, your sentences have been predetermined, we needed verify a few facts, like Brianna's deficiencies with written language.  You will be transported, to Giap Island Residential School, where you will be educated until the age of Eighteen, you will then be enrolled in the Giap Island Coast Guard Academy, where you will recieve further education, and paychecks, paychecks that will continue to reach you for the next minimum ten years of active duty service in the Kowloon Coast Guard, after that mandatory ten years, you will be given the option of leaving service, or remaining until retirement.  do you understand?"

"Uh..."

"Yes sir." Brianna said.

"Good, you're paying attention. sign the damn forms, your ride leaves in four months, which means for the next four months, you're part of my crew and will begin learning the ropes on a Coast Guard Cutter.  the correct response, is 'Yes sir' or 'aye skipper'...and your signatures on those documents, tick-tock, time's a-wasting and you have a lot of learning to do in not very much time."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #69 on: 15 February 2020, 22:07:19 »
This next class out of Giap Island is going to be a doozy...  ::)

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #70 on: 15 February 2020, 23:42:15 »
  Note how similar the stories are in some ways.  Despite their backgrounds all being disadvantaged (in some cases outright hellish!) in one way or another that made conning their way into military service during multiple shooting wars the least-worst option they could see, every one of these kids is firmly placed on the top half of the bell-curve for ‘smarts’ in at least one way — some of them pretty far above the mean.  Then again, I suppose that’s kind of inevitable; if they were outright dumb, they wouldn’t have been able to fake their way in in the first place (or secure the right resources to do it), much less hit the right combination of smart/dumb/lucky to survive a meat-grinder like the Battle of New Circe.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 15 February 2020, 23:59:17 »
Nha Tranh, Kowloon, Government House

"HOW many?"  The Duchess was dressed out, which is to say, back in her traditional blacks, glaring.

"We've confirmed around six hundred so far, from all over this end of the Commonwealth, it's not a statistically significant number, but it suggests for every one we've caught there might be ten or more we've missed."  Commodore Alicia Li explained quietly.

"and..?" Liz pressed, "...It sounds suspiciously like you don't need me to fix this, Li.  It sounds like you're going to be presenting me with the solutions?"

"I need you to bend some arms with the Assembly, Your Grace.  I predict an influx that will reach the thousands once we've begun the official audit, and no small number of prosecutions as well.  we need the funding and it's being, well...stalled."

"That's electoral politics Li, the Assembly is supposed to stall, they're also supposed to be reluctant to increase expenditures."  the Duchess stated, "Gridlock is good, it keeps the government from committing to permanent solutions to temporary problems.  Your job is to lobby for solutions and funding."

"it's also to lobby you when the legislature balks, Your Grace.  We're already getting every phennig we can from the DMI without losing our functional autonomy."

"Fair point." Liz said, "Fair point...This problem, it's not going to go away any time soon, is it?"

"No ma'am."

"Is the Giap Island project working, in your opinion?" Liz asked.

"I believe it is, yes."  Li told her.

"And is it a functional model that can work in other locations?" Elizabeth asked.

"I have testified as much to the Estates General's Defense and Military Education Committee, yes." Li nodded.

"Call Evelynn, ask her if she thinks we can set up sister schools on some of the harder hit worlds like Hood IV, or Arluna." Liz told her, "If Evvie says 'no' I'll...employ my remaining Ducal Prerogatives to increase funding and capacity at Giap Island by overriding the elected assembly by Decree, but if she says 'yes', you will put a team on implementation on every planet in the March.  too much centralization is bad, we need to be sure we don't lose critical infrastructures in a single hit, and it will strengthen the Services if there is a fresh influx of new blood entering the service academies and eventually, the officer corps.  Particularly new blood without long standing family traditions and deeply political Feudal roots.  a professional Officer Corps.  I'll ask Victor if he thinks the Star League can help finance the expansion.  the bigger problem will be reinstating professional recruit processing here at home to catch these kids before they get shot up on some foreign shore."

"You're worried about blowback from the New Circe operation."

"Bingo was his name-o. yes." Liz said, "We're getting an audit over this...mess.  I need to be having solutions before the auditors arrive, putting at-risk kids into forms of schooling that keep them off the streets a while longer is only one part of it, we need to keep those same at risk kids off the battlefields too, and we need to find a way to do it, while everyone from the Social Democrats to the Estates General are busy trying to find a reason to undermine things here and restore the corrupt old order."

"can the Exchequer help?" Li asked, referring to Elizabeth's 'other' title.

Liz thought about this.  "Maybe.  Maybe.  I need to get on the books from Tharkad, see where I can legally pull money from wasteful spending, but it'll still take the Estates, or the Archon, or maybe the Archon-Prince once Victor's finished his term as First Lord, to get the transfers and programs approved."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 16 February 2020, 00:50:36 »
I think Victor is smart enough to see the merits of this sort of system. especially given that his time as first lord has seen a major push for a sphere wide industrial overhaul.. its not just going to be the Melissia Theater hit by this, pretty much the entire inner sphere will be once the infrastructure improvements finish improving the overall level of the IS, and the economic and legal reforms finish cutting some of the deadwood out.
which means that really, the entire Fedcom needs to put that system, or something like it, into place. especially since they are going to be well on their way towards being able to throw around star league levels of military force once the infrastructure programs hits the stage where they have excess capacity available for exponential growth. they are going to need a lot of trained officers, comissioned and otherwise, as well as technical staff.
technically the entire inner sphere will need such a system, but the Combine, CapCon, and FWL will likely want to implement their own variations on the system due to cultural and societal differences. ditto the periphery states.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2020, 00:52:09 by glitterboy2098 »

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 16 February 2020, 01:04:42 »
somewhere else...

"...George, I need you to do this." when Morgan Hasek-Davion, the Duke of New Syrtis, calls his regent, the Regent listens. 

"You...want me to go on this 'auditing commission' to Kowloon?"  George asked, "Is that right?"

"Yes. There are a lot of things going on there that I have grave concerns about.  Victor doesn't seem to see how dangerous her activities might be, or how perilously close to becoming a breakaway and a civil war issue Elizabeth Ngo really is.  I need to know if she's really that dangerous, or if my informants are lying, you're good at separating the facts from the fictions and I don't know anything about the people New Circe are sending."

"Sir, Your Grace, General, I have a lot of responsibilities here-there has been an uptick in criminal activity, suspicious movement on both our borders-"

"George..."

"but I will do this for you.  heavens know, she does act like we're not the same nation, a reminder might be just the thing.  You've cleared this with Yvonne, right?"

"I did, I also cleared it with Victor before I let you know you were being considered for this."  Morgan told him, "Trust your wife, George, she's got a good head on her shoulders."

"Will do.  want me to stop by on the way? bring some comforts of home to your lonely post on Luna?"

Morgan laughed, "I probably should say no...but stop by on the way back, I'll want  your report in person.  The brief is enclosed on the subchannel attachments..and thanks, you're a man who really 'gets it'."

visit the dragon in her den? oh, I get it. The CG of the Star League signed off.

"oh yeah.  I get it...and maybe a chance to scuttle this Cappellan mess in the process before it gets out of control." George muttered.   Part of it, of course, would be that he could do this, fix this impending mess, get things properly sorted, without bloodshed.

I just need to talk to her, in person, show her what's wrong with what she's doing.  she's smart, she'll see reason.

"Jamiy!!" he called out, and his Aide-for-the-month came running.

"Yes milord?"

"Put together the silver briefing, including our intelligence estimates on the Cappellan Confederation, we're going to Kowloon."

"Yes Milord."

reasonable people when they're given the facts, come to reasonable conclusions. he was confident in that old saw, certainty right down to his bones.

George did NOT forget to also collect the briefs from the data-drive on the problem he was to investigate, the recruitment irregularities and the possible other issues in the Kowloon Theater.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #74 on: 16 February 2020, 01:23:03 »
George is going to be in for a rude shock...

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 16 February 2020, 01:37:30 »
anyone taking bets that Jamiy is actually a Leoben?

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 16 February 2020, 19:18:08 »
The story updates has been awesome!  Its fascinating to see the point of view how the nobility of the FC see the children that enlisted into the AFFC as criminals and how members of the Kowloon CG is looking at helping the children, who are very intelligent get pass their mistakes and help them become better people.

The nobles, especially Morgan HD and George does not seem to realize breaking your own country's law to help other sectors of society is wrong.  And that the Kowloon way is helping more that what they are doing in their own March.  I wonder if George Hasek will get enlightened on his investigation into Kowloon and realize how can he help more people in his own March. 

Looking forward to more story updates!

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 16 February 2020, 20:39:37 »
HPG conversation, P1, Kowloon to Sian

"You're going to have to enact reforms."  Liz said, "Money won't fix the problem."

"Is that what you called to tell me? that money won't fix the problem?"  Sun Tzu Liao asked, still blinking the sleep from his eyes, "It is a bit like observing the wetness of water."

she smiles a little sadly.  It's dark through the living room window behind her, and early morning on Sian through the verandah behind him.  "Victor told me you were smart, I guess leading off with the obvious was rather dim on my part.  I've reviewed the economic reports and forecasts you sent ahead as part of your credit application.   I must say I like that you're more honest with me, than your ministers are with your public, but you're in trouble.  House Liao will be insolvent in ten years and the Yuan will be worth more as toilet paper than currency in fifteen.  You need reform right ****** now. and it's going to be the painful kind."

"How...painful?" he asked.

"Speaking as your consulting economist?  Your government is bloated to almost fifty percent of your productive population engaged in non-productive activity, your GDP is heading into the negative numbers on the chart, growth is stagnant, your economic engine is almost dead, and your social welfare system won't survive at current rates, it's your single largest exposure, and curbing it now? that's going to generate riots and civil war."

"You assume those are going to happen regardless." it wasn't a question in his tone at all.  Clearly he'd analyzed the same data she had, and come to the same conclusions.

"Yeah.  Your Grandfather and your mom did a hell of a job of both holdng things together, and speeding up the process of self-destruction.  Here's what you need to do: integrate with Saint Ives-I'm not going to tell you how to do it, but when you do it, you adopt their economic model, and you conduct a round of trimming regulations and ministries-whole departments need to be shut down.  I estimate something on the order of eleven billion government jobs need to be cut, then you need to wean your population off the welfare while your government is still solvent enough to pay your military and police-because in ten to fifteen years, you won't be, even if you retake Saint Ives and the Sarna worlds you lost to the Davions in the last big war."

"You think it's that bad?" now he sounded surprised.

"Yeah, Chancellor, I do.  Going through the theater books here I thought we had a problem, your books make those books look like a calculator making a happy face-your mandarins are sitting pretty but they're also burning through funds faster than the wealth backing them can be generated, your working classes have the Soviet Problem."

"What is this 'soviet problem', Elizabeth?" he asked.

"The Soviet problem is a function of excessive central control, it's typified by irrational shortages in the midst of plenty, and it goes something like this-'They pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work'.  Fully eighty five percent of your productive potential is wrapped up in servitor caste, who have zero reason to innovate, or be productive, beyond the gun put to their head-they don't have a clear path to social advancement and zero faith in the official pathway established in your legal system.  this is a problem, because the usual way to turn a flagging economy around, is to convince the public that the economy is turning around-your population is cynical about that to a point that normal propaganda techniques won't sell it.  Like I said, your mom did a hell of a job speeding up the crash."

"And what would the Archon's Inquisitor do in my situation?"  He asked.

"I'd start with a saturday night massacre.  go after incompetents-even loyal ones, keep the competent ones, at the upper level even if they're politically unreliable, and do it publicly with firings or forced resignations, followed by eliminating about half the departments you've got to manage, admit the problem, then address the problem.  That creates confidence...I had to shoot people on live television myself to do it.  you don't have the advantage of that being shocking, so I don't know what tactics you might use to generate comment and get awareness that the problem is being resolved."

"Does it have to be shocking?" he asked.

"Yeah. it does.  Scandals will cross the Inner Sphere while simple truth is still pulling its boots on.  Whatever move you make, needs to be big, and public and loud-get their attention, get them talking about it, arguing about it...this gets word out you're doing something a hell of a lot faster than an official notice on a mandatory media channel will."  she shuffled some papers, "Whatever shocking thing you do, it needs to accomplish the following: eliminate the incompetent, the corrupt, and the ineffectual officials and departments in the Cappellan State, it also needs to pave the way for people to believe that things are getting better, that the economy is recovering, and that you know what you're doing...or that you're so crazy and ruthless your enemies can't stop you. both together works best, but the first things you need to do, are to bring things to a resolution with your aunt on Saint Ives in a public way that projects the image you want the people to believe in."

"Have you met my aunt?" he asked.

"Nope." Liz said, "believe it or not, I don't like to travel."

"Your TDS."

"Yeah.  I hate travel.  Victor can make me do it, Peter can insist, but past those two, I generally don't if I don't have to...now, as to the contracted package, I'm still going to extend the line of credit, you're still getting  your physical goods off me, Victor's still pushing this deal, but I'm only a consultant.  as the Client, you don't have to listen to any of my advice, and any that you do, you should think long hard thoughts on before implementing.  Only you can know what you're going to do-I'm only going to offer options.  That's not preaching, that's the boilerplate so you know that I know there are lines not to cross."

at this, he laughed.  "Most of my advisors are so busy fawning they would never say something like that."

"Fire 'em." she said, "Hire people who will argue with you, or at least have the stones to be straight with you.  Your  mom set a bad example there, she got rid of everyone who would argue with her, and now you're in a nosedive.  Fire the courtiers who won't tell it to you straight with no sugar, and promote or recruit people who will."

"I find that task is...difficult." he admitted, "You are not telling me things I did not already guess...or surmise."

she nodded.  "But you're finding the right people, right?"

"Of course. It is difficult, not impossible. But it is good to hear it from someone else."

"Well, we're getting  an audit on our armed forces due about a month after your inspection teams arrive at Boojum, as long as we're on the subject of competence..."

"My people are smart enough not to pull...shenanigans with George Hasek."  he told her.

"Huh, George...hmm...Oh this is going to be such fun." she said with a pained expression.  "Well, your production orders are in process, the first convoys of materials should be arriving by the end of the year, with training crew to help your manufacturing people get their feet under them."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #78 on: 16 February 2020, 21:03:43 »
Of course he already knew everything she was going to tell him...  ::)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 16 February 2020, 22:17:26 »
Of course he already knew everything she was going to tell him...  ::)
Sun Tzu is very smart.. in canon he basically did what Liz suggested via the Xin Sheng movement. it took awhile and involved a lot more bootstrapping, since while he was technically the first lord at the time, he didn't really get any resources from the position to speak of beyond his handful of military tricks in St.ives, so he couldn't really do a slash-and-burn like Liz is suggesting. because he couldn't get outside credit to float the infrastructure side, and couldn't trust his neighbors enough to leave him alone during the inevitable period of confusion after. so he had to be a little more gradual. but it worked.

i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't implement Xin Sheng in this timeline as part of what Liz is telling him.. Liz got away with intimidation tactics because she could trust her people to back her against the corruption. that wouldn't work in the capcon, because intimidation tactics have been how the state protected its own corruption for so long. if Sun Tzu just puts on trial and executes the incompetent officials, the CapCon populace isn't going to go "whoohoo, things are getting better', their response is gonna be to brace for bloody purges and oppression everywhere else, because clearly things had gotten so bad the celestial throne was looking for scapegoats again.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #80 on: 16 February 2020, 22:22:12 »
Hill Country, Arluna, July 3064...

The Duchess of Arluna is a fifteen year old girl, and she doesn't rule from a palace.  His first impression of the girl, however, was not of a weakened, underage ruler.

To George Hasek, Debra MacAulliffe was impressive.  He walked with her on a training range, her bodyguards, a pair of Cylon Centurions in the up-armored configuration, toting small cannons that probably wouldn't be out of place on battle-armor, flanked them.

"You understand the concern, then." he said, continuing their conversation.

"Ayeh." Debbie said, "Ah'm fully recoginant on et, see'd 'nough o' thet gone on mah whole lahf.  Mah deddeh, he 'nlisted et Fifteen, warn't no problem back them days."

Her frankness was a refreshing change from the usual-even in the Federated Suns, some of those same issues were only discussed behind closed doors.

"So it is endemic."

she stopped, and picked up an expended shell casing from the dirt, "Ayeh, ah'd say 'tis."  she looked up at him, a spill of red hair framing her face under her slouch hat.  "Be'in Honnes?" she began, "Et's a Prollem goes back t'one thang..." she swallowed and then slowed her speech down more, "What are people supposed to do when there's no work, Duke Hasek? Starve?"

she flicked the expended case across the damaged ground.  Her diction was the careful, measured pronunciation of two years worth of speech therapy.  "The military is always hiring because we're always at war with somebody.  when there's no money in farming, or mining, when the factories have all been blown up, what are folks supposed to do?"

"Your economy's in recovery."

"It aain..isn't recovered yet and there's more displacement." she kept her voice low, "Things are getting better for most, but for some, they're worse than they've ever been-because the skills they grew up with, the trades of their parents? those are going obsolete.  Not everyone can learn to write code, there are only so many spots, but most people can learn to carry a rifle, especially when they're young."

she saw something move, he watched her turn, draw, and fire that revolver, a large, boar-like creature slid to a stop.  she swept the area as her guards extruded guns and assumed alert, combat-stances.

she approached the dead pig, and prodded it with her boot.  "Feral hogs." she looked up, "Kind of a problem locally, usually run in packs, but sometimes you get an old boar like this'n."  she produced a long knife, and started gutting the dead animal right there.

"Here?" George asked, and knelt to watch.

"It's immoral not to eat an animal you've killed." she tells him, "food is always important, I'll have Bolo bring up the truck and call in the boys, we'll have us a cookout.  Maybe have one of the neighbours bring up some whiskey an' covered dishes."

"May I?" he asked, rolling up his sleeves.

"sure." she handed him a second knife.  "We'll have to skin it here, so I guess we won't be boiling the bristles off..."

"What do you think of Duchess Ngo?" he asked.

"She's good at th' job." Debra said, "Helped me out, sends her advice when she can, Ah owe her a piece, without her we'd still be dealin' with th' Twelve Famblies an' mebbe Ah'd be dead."

"So...favorable?"

"She...does...her...job." Debra said, grunting between words as she worked over a pig carcass almost as big as she is.  "Not a lot of nobles do." she paused, squatting, her denim jacket slick and red with blood almost to her armpits.  "Ah want to be like her-not with the psycho reputation, but do the job like her-she's turned things around, set an example.  She ain' afraid t'git dirty doin' what needs doin'."

"You've had to do some of that  yourself."

"Ah had help." Debra said, "but ayeh, I git mah hands dirty with th' work, an' Ah don't make believins elsewise..." she slowed down her words again, "We all have to project an image, right?  You're in a dress uniform out here in the middle of nowhere, I've got blood on my sleeves.  Image, I've killed men and faced men what wanted me dead.  I've also spared men I maybe shouldn't have...and I'm only fifteen, normal people should never have to do that, or face that.  They do, every day, but if I get my hands dirty when the work needs to be done, maybe some of them won't face it on a given day.  maybe some folks can live their lives and never face it-because I got my hands dirty instead of worrying about being nice an' clean."

"And how you're percieved?"

"If it scares my potential enemies, or makes 'em think two times a'fore crossing me?" she shrugged, "Then I did the job.  If people are alive to be offended, instead of dead in ignorance? I've done my job...one thing what isn't a-gonna happen anymore here, is midnight raids with 'mechs slaughtering families over domestic politics or corrupt land deals."

a cold reminder of the rather dry reading on Arluna he'd endured coming here.  she gained her position because her family was murdered by her predecessor over land.

"I agree, nobody should have to go through that." he said.

She smiled, and it still didn't touch her eyes.  "Thet's my objective.  Never let thet happen to someone here, ever agin. if someone dies, it's because they need killin'."

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #81 on: 16 February 2020, 23:11:54 »
FCS Spirit of New Syrtis, 24 hours later...

George Hasek stared out the viewport at the receding shape of Arluna.  He felt like he'd just had a look at an entirely different kind of war.  "You know, Jamiy, back home, we have one enemy, and he's right in sight, an enemy we've known for generations."

"Yes sir."

The Ducal Regent of the Cappellan March turned, "It kept us focused, maybe too focused."

"I don't know what you mean, sir." the younger man said.

"I've spent a week with a girl barely older than my daughter." he said, "Who is fighting a war, one without front lines or clean, clear borders, or even easily recognized enemies."

"The MacAulliffe girl, sir?"

"Duchess MacAulliffe." George corrected him, "A pig farmer's daughter, Jamiy, and I would take her over most of the dukes and barons under me in a heartbeat."

"Why sir?"

"because she understands, Jamiy, she understands where her duty is, and what it costs.  I should pity her, but I don't.  The MIIO reports painted a picture of someone else-a jumped up commoner and a puppet for the local Margrave, Elizabeth Ngo." he shook his head, "The analysts don't get it."

"I don't think I do either, sir."

"As nobles, we have a duty to those who follow us, just as we have a duty to those above us, but our first concern is for those who follow us.  Michael didn't understand that, hell, most of the Family doesn't...that girl walks the walk and it suggests something to me about her Liege Lord, because Ngo elevated her ahead of men whose lineage in the peerage runs back centuries...and I see why."

His aide was silent for a moment, "because she killed a wild boar?"

"because she grasps the importance of setting an example, and of living that example."  George corrected the young man.  "To be Noble in action, rather than merely in title, truly noble-not for the privileges, not for the authority.  To wrest that authority with moral authority, There's an old Belter saying, 'is your word good?', too many of my peers, even subordinates, can not answer that question honestly."

"Lead from the front?" Jamiy suggested.

"Yes, but not just in battle.  in everything you do.  If that kid is the kind of people Elizabeth Ngo is surrounding herself with? sponsoring? giving important work to? It speaks to character."  he smiled for the first time since lifting from Arluna, "Things are going to go very well, I think, once we reach Kowloon."

croaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 17 February 2020, 00:01:26 »
Interesting indeed. I see CS is continuing his tradition of competant, interesting antagonists. And we have yet to see just what Georgie will end up doing, don't we? He's certainly getting an interesting new perspective on things.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 17 February 2020, 03:20:55 »
Intermission: A note on Heraldry...

House Macaulliffe: one of the newest noble houses in the Federated Commonwealth.  The heraldry was chosen from a contest held in the public schools of Arluna's smaller communities as judged by a panel of barons from the world's largest cities.

Image: a wild boar superimposed over a crossed butcher's knife over a skinning knife, lower field is dark red, upper field is a representation of a green mountain backed by a blue sky.  Crown of the crest is the Lyran Fist, denoting loyalty to the nation, the border is a representation of a broken chain ending in a meat-hook.
Motto is written in Castilian Spanish: Al servicio de la nación y de las personas

House Ngo:

Pattern: Shield over blood crusted pikes.

Shield: Black field, white border.  in red and gold, the image of a hammer, anvil and tongs.  at the top of the crest, the Steiner Fist. The border is a broken chain ending in broken manacles.

rampant above the shield, is a leaping Orca, representing centuries of resistance against the Rim Worlds Republic. 

banner-motto: "Do that which must be done."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #84 on: 17 February 2020, 03:32:35 »
I do believe George is beginning to get it...

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 17 February 2020, 05:40:37 »
Charles Sobral High School, McEvedy City, district 201, New Circe, 8 AM "Summer School" hours...

"Lerner? Lerner? Samantha Lerner?"  the instructor at the front of the room called as the door opened, and a small, brunette girl wearing somewhat clashing civilian clothes hurried in.  "Samantha?" she asked.

"Sorry ma'am, I got lost!" the girl answered.

"Take a seat, we're just taking roll, near the front, please?"

it wasn't a punishment-most of the kids here were head-and-shoulders too tall for Sam to see the display board clearly otherwise.  She found herself next to the only other 'normal sized' person present, a redheaded girl in Colonial fashions wearing a pendant of Diana.

"Yes Ma'am." Sam sat down.

"Okay, Scott Merino? there you are! and Mister Thomlinson, how delightful...Okay, for those of you who are new, I'm Mrs. Abrosimova, your homeroom teacher and this period is your History class.  Some of you are new, such as Miss Priex and miss Lerner, some of you have been in my classes before and are attending this course as a Remedial course, Mister Thomlinson, Mister Merino, Miss Schaeffer, Miss Aamodt... this class period is a privilege, misconduct means that instead of making up your missing credits, you will be repeating a scholastic year beginning in September.  For the new students, your textbooks are already downloaded into your school-issue portables.   This is not an easy school-I grade hard, because harder training makes for easier retention."

Mrs Abrosimova rounded her desk and leaned against it, "However, today is day one, and I like to think I care about my students, so I would like to begin this by having the new students introduce themselves, beginning with Miss Priex?"

The girl next to Sam stood up, "Uhm, hi, I'm Deanna Priex, I'm living with the Thomlinsons after my p-p-p..."

Sam reached out and touched the Colonial girl's arm, "Hey...relax, okay, you don't have to bare it all here. You're livin' with the Thomlinsons, things are going to be better."

The girl seemed to calm a little.  "May I sit?" she asked in a thick greek accent.

"Go ahead...Miss Lerner?"

Sam stood up, "Hi, I'm a recent immigrant to New Circe, all the way from New Saigon on Kowloon.  I think some of the scandal leaked about me and some of the other grunts. I...I have a lot of credits to make up, so it's cram-school and then grade ten for me, So I'm kind of already repeating a grade off the start line."

several of the boys stared at her.  "What? I got something on my face?"

"You're...you were in the city when the Cylons attacked?"  Priux asked.

"Uh, yeah...is this gonna get weird?  there a joke I'm not in on here?" Sam felt the anxiety come back.

"You fought them...like, face to face?"  a skinny (but still freakishly tall) boy asked from the third row, "I mean, right there?"

"West Side defense line, eighteen hours." Sam answered, "One of the lucky ones, good TR spectrum and light wounds..." she looked over to Deanna, "Lighter than hers, anyway. I only lost some blood and lung tissue..." she nodded to the Colonial girl, "She lost everything that mattered, if anyone ****** with her, I'll be rearranging their faces..." she caught Merino's eye, "Even if it means I gotta grab a two-step stool to reach said face. Us short folk gotta stick together, the whole universe is scaled you giants." she grinned.

and that broke some of the tension.

Sam turned around, "Ma'am, permission to be seated, Ma'am?"

"Go ahead..."

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #86 on: 17 February 2020, 05:43:36 »
I do believe George is beginning to get it...
I hope (for his sake) that George is beginning to get it
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 17 February 2020, 06:32:27 »
New Saigon, 3 AM, same day that Sam Lerner is attending the first civilian school she'd seen since running away from home at eleven...

The waterfront area belonged to the Slim-Ta Tong, police don't come here except in riot armored squad strength with vehicles.

well...didn't.

Tonight, half a dozen Coast Guard Cayman class boats have rolled up to marinas and docks, and Coast Guard choppers have replaced the relatively scarce helicopter patrols run by the Metropolitan Police.

How many?

this isn't a patrol, this is an invasion.

From the landward side, muffled tanks rolling on 'buffered' tracks are rolling up the streets, escorting squads of assault marines and Marine Centurions.

the district nicknamed 'gangland' by the locals, is closed off in seconds. 

the cutters deploy their marines as well, from the dockside, and the sweep begins.  Unlicensed brothels, uninspected 'wet-house' bars, and other businesses that comprise the 'night life' of New Saigon are hit nearly simultaneously, as street-walking 'freelancer' prostitutes are also rounded up, their pimps identified and secured, gang enforcers run down and brought down with ruthless efficiency.

These aren't metropolitan cops, but several Met cops are also taken down, off-duty and acting as muscle for the local gangs.  a detachment moves a few kilometers to the south, hitting the home of the deputy mayor, chief of police, and two city councilmen.

by 0600, the Marines are departing, leaving a detachment in the market square, city building, and several police stations near the Waterfront area.

The prisoners weren't exactly 'disappeared'.  a few junior members of gangs, most of the freelancers and support personnel from the gangs were released fairly quickly.  the targets, were the leadership and senior members, with a special attention to known or suspected former members of the New Saigon Scumdogs.

The presence of three magistrate judges during the operation was notable mainly for for the fact they were signing warrants almost as fast as said warrants were requested.

By 0800, only a handful of Coast Guard Caymans were in the bay.  The rest, have already rounded the outlet of the Little Yangtze river and headed south down that mighty flow.

Madripoor Sandbar Island, Golden Lake...

"Take the hoods off, boys." Elizabeth Ngo's voice is distinctive.  The kneeling prisoners had their hoods removed, they could see again, not much comfort, they were restrained in that position, a bamboo post threaded behind their bound arms and secured to a hitch.

"Hello boys and girls.  Urban Gang activity has become something of a problem." the Duchess said, hopping off the back of a cargo truck loaded with wooden stakes.  "Normally a tolerable problem but some activities by your organization, and non-responses by you officials, have led me to the decision that a ducal...intervention is required.   Some of you, will walk back into your lives with an understanding of the rules.  some of you, will...not be walking back into your lives, for breaking those rules."

she walked up on Zim Diaow, the leader of the Slim-Ta Tong.  "you might say this is a summit, since you've been carving an empire on MY territory...and the way you're doing business disturbs my calm."

she reached into the pocket of her jacket, drew out a list, and began naming names.  as she did so, those prisoners were released from the crossbar and half-dragged to the back of the truck.

"There will be no explanations, no rationalizations.  From now on, there will be no trafficking in underage prostitution."

A pair of marines stood the Chief of Police up.  "There will be no pandering to pedophiles." she jerked her head, and he was led to the side of the vehicle, where he started shouting and kicking.

she pulled on a paper overcoat, and a pair of fluid-resistant goggles, along with a hood and rubber gloves as a Marine secured his legs in an iron crossbar with a draw-loop.

this one wasn't hooked to a hand-cranked winch, this one was connected to the truck's own unditching winch.

she set the tip of a blue-wood post through it, and using a control, drew him down until the rounded tip of the stake was nestled in an uncomfortable place near the gusset of his pants.

"I am willing to look aside at gambling, numbers rackets, regular prostitution, even drug dealing." she explained, "This is the line, the one line those of you who are permitted to return to your sordid lives will not cross, you will not enable perverts to abuse children, nor will  you abuse children for your own amusement." she planted a foot on the base of the stake, and pressed the green button on the winch control.

He screamed, first as his body was violated, then, as the stake first rearranged, and then pierced his internal organs. once fully inserted, she disconnected the winch and nodded to a Chief, who dragged another man-this time, a gang underboss, over, and prepared him.

"If someone approaches you seeking to have sex with a child, you are best advised to kill them immediately.  It won't make the murder charge go away, but enabling it? taking the money and giving them a child to abuse?"  she hooked up the chainfall to the next one, stepped on the stake's base, so that it would pivot into the post hole, and pressed the button.

"Gets this." she finished.  "Next."

at the end of it, she had twenty twitching, screaming, dying people on stakes on the sandbar.

she then took off the spattered smock, hood, and hairnet. 

"I want this to be absolutely clear, and let your underlings, contacts, friends, know what you have seen here.  These people crossed that line.  this is the punishment for trafficking in children's flesh."

She turned to a rather ill-looking Coast Guard Captain.  "Charge who you're going to charge, turn the rest loose to walk up the highway home."

"Aye mum." he said. "And...them?"

"Leave them for the carrion birds.  we'll find out who is too stupid to live later."  she said coldly.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #88 on: 17 February 2020, 07:09:11 »
Ciudad Oxford...

"I'm going to give you a choice, senor Herrera.  behind door number one, you are cooperative, my surgeons do some work, change your face, and you get a ticket off world.  Door number two, you do not cooperate, and I will make you an example for the public to see, a memory burned on the public's mind of what lines must not be crossed." Debra learned to speak formal spanish, and her accent was almost indescribably different, being properly castilian.

"I think I would like door number one, please, Senora Duchess." her prisoner said nervously.

"That does not sound sincere." Debra said, and drew the chainfall over a debristling pot.  "Where did your partners get the children?" she asked.

"I don't know!!"

she looked at the others, a group of organized criminals.  "Ah see." she shifted to english, "Well, y'all dun screwed up, you don't know what ah wanna know, we caught you in bed with a six year old."

she hit the release on the winch, and he plunged into boiling lye, his screams echoed as the caustic concoction boiled and ate through his skin at low temperature.

she frowned with hardened eyes, "So...who would like to answer my questions?" she carefully pronounced, "About child trafficking on my world?  I want customer lists, I want suppliers, and I will boil every middle-man I find until I get those answers, and feed the remains to the hogs."

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #89 on: 17 February 2020, 07:14:30 »
In both instances, I agree with Duchesses are doing, but Daaaaaamn.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner