Author Topic: (Answered) Rules questions I can't find  (Read 1924 times)

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
(Answered) Rules questions I can't find
« on: 20 February 2022, 12:55:41 »
Not sure this is the right forum (mods please move if so), but can't find the answers to these in the books:

Can another Mech (or vee or infantry) take damage from a BattleMech's ammo explosion, if in the same or adjacent hexes?

Related: I thought, if CASE blows out, the Mech directly behind it can take damage from the explosion?  WAS that a rule once upon a time and is gone now, or was that a house rule I thought was canon?

Can BattleMechs be modified to haul Elementals? SPECIFICALLY, Clan-second line mechs, but I don't mind expanding the question to include IS carrying Clan elementals (like the dragoons or hounds at first) and IS carrying IS BA.

Oh, where can I find the "stackpoling" rules?  It's based on the number of engine crits a mech takes per turn, right?  (on a related note, now that I think about it, I think my son's Lancelot C should have stackpoled last night, taking 5 or six in a single round...  :D ;D

Thanks, I've been looking but these are such weird rules I don't know where to hunt them down.   :)

(edit: sorry, late addition: is there a way to tell which types of Clan warships have HPGs on-board?  Thanks!!)
« Last Edit: 27 February 2022, 22:13:19 by Xotl »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Rules questions I can't find
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2022, 18:16:30 »
Can another Mech (or vee or infantry) take damage from a BattleMech's ammo explosion, if in the same or adjacent hexes?

Engine Explosions, under the Ammunition heading, p.78 TO.

Related: I thought, if CASE blows out, the Mech directly behind it can take damage from the explosion?  WAS that a rule once upon a time and is gone now, or was that a house rule I thought was canon?

No, and has never been a rule.

Can BattleMechs be modified to haul Elementals?

No.

Oh, where can I find the "stackpoling" rules?  It's based on the number of engine crits a mech takes per turn, right?  (on a related note, now that I think about it, I think my son's Lancelot C should have stackpoled last night, taking 5 or six in a single round...  :D ;D

Engine Explosions. P. 77 TO.

(edit: sorry, late addition: is there a way to tell which types of Clan warships have HPGs on-board?  Thanks!!)

No, but most do.

The solution is just ignore Paul.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2022, 20:48:13 »
Ah- well, I have to change around a bit of a story, but this actually makes the story slightly easier.  thanks!  :thumbsup:

that said, it was in TO(old) on page 77 but my tac ops 2020 has cover art of a madcat and the damaged elemental on it doesn't have it at all. :-/

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2022, 11:12:06 »
In order for battle armor to ride on standard mechs they need magnetic clamps. There are a small number of units that have them

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register