Author Topic: 5th Falcon Talon vs 5th Talon  (Read 1602 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
5th Falcon Talon vs 5th Talon
« on: 28 March 2019, 02:40:19 »
Just noticed that in FM 3145 there is a 5th Falcon Talon Cluster in Clan Jade Falcon's Epsilon Galaxy, and also a 5th Talon Cluster in their Iota Galaxy. Is this some sort of error, and one is supposed to have a slightly different name, or are there really intended to be two almost-identically-named Clusters?

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: 5th Falcon Talon vs 5th Talon
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2019, 16:46:47 »
Bumping this on the off-chance a little more visibility scores me an answer.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2019, 15:48:40 »
Just noticed that in FM 3145 there is a 5th Falcon Talon Cluster in Clan Jade Falcon's Epsilon Galaxy, and also a 5th Talon Cluster in their Iota Galaxy. Is this some sort of error, and one is supposed to have a slightly different name, or are there really intended to be two almost-identically-named Clusters?

While it is a little confusing, it is correct. FM:3145 p156 states that Epsilon Galaxy had to be virtually rebuilt from scratch following the Rending in 3135 - baring the First Falcon Jaegers - so the 5th Falcon Talon Cluster are a new formation.

The naming of Falcon Talon Clusters and Talon Clusters dates back as far as the original Jade Falcon sourcebook.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2019, 20:11:42 »
That helps a lot, thank you.

- Klarg1

Register