Author Topic: 22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster  (Read 2207 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster
« on: 27 April 2019, 20:37:53 »
The 22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster is mentioned in the battle of Luthien scenario pack.

Later sources indicate the Smoke Jaguars didn't let Freeborns into the warrior caste.

Also, this was in the Luthien Scenario pack, and... well... it says a lot of things.

Did the 22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster actually exist? Might the Smoke Jaguars have experimented with Freeborn warriors and then ditch the idea because of how badly Luthien went? Maybe the cluster existed and was full of trueborns, but... like, trueborns the Smoke Jaguars really really didn't like?

Or was it just a case of the Luthien scenario pack said it and... well... the Luthien scenario pack said a lot of things...
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: 22nd Smoke Jaguar Freebirth Cluster
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2019, 23:29:30 »
Error.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2019, 22:16:50 »
So it turns out that according to the A Time of War Companion, the Smoke Jaguars actually did use freeborn troops.

Should the reference to the 22nd freeborn cluster still be considered an error?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2019, 22:20:07 »
Error. Troop listings in the Luthien pack are erroneous and non-canon unless supported by other information. The use of freeborn troops isn’t enough to substantiate that whole unit.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech